The Summer Transfer Thread 2022.

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

SammyLeeWasOffside
Has liked: 314 likes
Total likes: 1092 likes

Re: The Summer Transfer Thread 2022.

Post by SammyLeeWasOffside »

woodford wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 11:30 am hold on Riccardo Bigon. Riccardo ( Richard ) therefore Bologna are sending over Dick Bigon. This is so West ham. Sullivan probably launched his career in some grotty VHS
It's carry on West ham.

We are looking at deals with Swansea as well, they'll be sending Ivor for talks.
westlondonhammer
Has liked: 1086 likes
Total likes: 1397 likes

Post by westlondonhammer »

bubbles1966 wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 10:24 am Manchester City had £100m to spend on AMs last summer. They would have had him if they'd felt he was better than Grealish.
Indeed... but it doesn't really negate my point that I think he'd have done better at Man City this past season than Man U
HammerPDC
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 1161 likes

Post by HammerPDC »

NWhammer wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 11:28 am So who's replacing Declan Rice then?

This man if I had my way

Out of contract end of next season too
ZazaPenaltyRunup
Has liked: 1589 likes
Total likes: 279 likes

Post by ZazaPenaltyRunup »

Missed a few pages, but Haaland to city is nuts. The guy is a monster.

If you could grow a striker in a lab, he's what you'd end up with. A billion miles an hour, all swinging limbs and sheer power.

If city can find a way to incorporate how he plays with their usual progressive play, it might be lights out for the league for a while.
norse
Has liked: 379 likes
Total likes: 835 likes

Post by norse »

Can't wait to see Håland at left back :thup:
NWhammer
Has liked: 794 likes
Total likes: 1527 likes

Post by NWhammer »

HammerPDC wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 12:50 pm

This man if I had my way

Out of contract end of next season too
Ye he'd be right up there.

Just read a story about Palace wanting Gallagher back next season, whether that was on loan or permenant wasn't clear. I'd like to think we could pip them to him.
Wormley The 2nd
Has liked: 71 likes
Total likes: 40 likes

Post by Wormley The 2nd »

Seriously though, what incentive do the owners have to pump money into the squad in the remaining three windows, if the deal to sell in two years time has already been agreed with Kretinsky?

Especially as there's a good chance that Moyes would be able to keep us up with minimal spend.
paulhs1
Has liked: 1740 likes
Total likes: 1490 likes

Post by paulhs1 »

Bissouma/Kalvin Phillips would be instantly competing with Soucek for a starting spot, and gives the mesmerising option of:

Rice......Phillips/Bissouma......Soucek

I think we should be ploughing the large part of our budget on central midfield and left back if the likes of Lingard and Tarkowski can be brought on the cheap, especially if Watkins or Broja can be brought in for the £35m or under mark.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1995 likes
Total likes: 1671 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

paulhs1 wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 1:22 pm

I think we should be ploughing the large part of our budget on central midfield and left back if the likes of Lingard and Tarkowski can be brought on the cheap, especially if Warkins or Broja can be brought in for the £325m or under mark.
that woke me up. don't need my early morning cuppa now !!!

:crylol:
Danny's Dyer Acting
Has liked: 646 likes
Total likes: 1858 likes

Post by Danny's Dyer Acting »

Wormley The 2nd wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 1:11 pm Seriously though, what incentive do the owners have to pump money into the squad in the remaining three windows, if the deal to sell in two years time has already been agreed with Kretinsky?

Especially as there's a good chance that Moyes would be able to keep us up with minimal spend.
Because it's not their money and unless they did something completely reckless (unlikely given Kretinsky will likely have some say) it would be unlikely to have any negative impact on the future sale price.

There's probably an argument for them taking a big swing at this summer*. We're not going down (you can quote me on that) so they have a massive profit locked in, why not push the boat out and see if they can give Moyes the resources to leapfrog a couple of sides and finish 4th?

*Won't happen
paulhs1
Has liked: 1740 likes
Total likes: 1490 likes

Post by paulhs1 »

Cuenca 'ammer wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 1:24 pm that woke me up. don't need my early morning cuppa now !!!

:crylol:
Dam you got there before the edit :lol:
wildkard
Has liked: 53 likes
Total likes: 198 likes

Post by wildkard »

Wormley The 2nd wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 1:11 pm Seriously though, what incentive do the owners have to pump money into the squad in the remaining three windows, if the deal to sell in two years time has already been agreed with Kretinsky?

Financially, it won't make any odds to them if they put in £0 or £500m from the club coffers.

If they want to give their egos a stroke they could easily spend big, and then ride off into the sunset thinking "aren't we great and didnt' we do a great job? Look at the signings the club has just made! We are awesome". Not their money is it?
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1995 likes
Total likes: 1671 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

wildkard wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 1:36 pm Financially, it won't make any odds to them if they put in £0 or £500m from the club coffers.

If they want to give their egos a stroke they could easily spend big, and then ride off into the sunset thinking "aren't we great and didnt' we do a great job? Look at the signings the club has just made! We are awesome". Not their money is it?
thing is, imvho, they're going nowhere... they'll sell up, but STILL have a board position. and her ladyship, although I'm not 100% there.

I think Sully loves being in the spotlight as our owner. he loves being on the radio with his mate, and dripping statements that don't belong in the public domain.

especially now as we're really on the up. he'll want to be the face on match days, with the commentators pointing out how long he's been here, how much he's done for the club, etc etc etc

he'll be some kind of top director with a vote but Kretinsky will make sure he doesn't get a say in how his money is spent.

I'm guessing the kids will get some directorship as well. our thoughts on them just disappearing from here I think, is a Wish Upon A Star moment.

obviously just mvho of course, based on nothing except the history of these pigs.
steveyrockstar
Has liked: 171 likes
Total likes: 782 likes

Post by steveyrockstar »

Burnley Hammer wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 11:24 am I'll be honest, I've never heard of Jerdy Schouten before... but after a look at his YouTube videos, he seems very much a player that has it all - he can tackle, he can pass, he can shoot, has a bit of creativity, and can shoot. Obviously I'm only seeing his good bits.
Somewhere in the darker recesses of this forum lurks a similar, historical post about Harvard Nordveit.
Wilko1304
Location: "Once you start complicating things the end result is less inflatables"
Has liked: 1519 likes
Total likes: 3183 likes

Post by Wilko1304 »

steveyrockstar wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 1:50 pm Somewhere in the darker recesses of this forum lurks a similar, historical post about Harvard Nordveit.
I believe his less intelligent brother Havard is available on a free this summer. Nothing says "what a great season" better than signing him again
stu1
Has liked: 669 likes
Total likes: 1038 likes

Post by stu1 »

The owners have never pumped money into the squad, just like the owners have never pocked the cash from any players.

If a price has been agreed already (which I believe it has), how the owners decide to spend the clubs money is pretty much irrelevant.

The value of the club is also higher if we are in and around Europe compared to just staying up. I'm not sure Kretinsky would want to follow through on the purchase if the club looks like it could be relegated, he's far more likely to think it's a good business opportunity if our revenue is up due to Europe and performances in the league, whilst also increasing our commercial appeal to future sponsors.
Bryant4114
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Bryant4114 »

Talking about "the clubs money" is all well and good, except Gold and Sullivan haven't just been investing f*** all — they've been handing out "loans" to the club and pocketing millions in interest.

Anyway, I don't understand this clubs obsession with exorbitant transfer fees. We have several previously targeted players available on a free this summer, like Tarkowski, Lingard and Nketiah — and yet instead we seem keen to pay a massive premium for Watkins?
HammerPDC
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 1161 likes

Post by HammerPDC »

Bryant4114 wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 3:22 pm Anyway, I don't understand this clubs obsession with exorbitant transfer fees. We have several previously targeted players available on a free this summer, like Tarkowski, Lingard and Nketiah — and yet instead we seem keen to pay a massive premium for Watkins?
I don't think there's a necessity to persist with one type of deal over another, ultimately Moyes will have a list of players he thinks will thrive in our system and it will take all sorts to get them in, freebies, loans, high transfer fee's and low ones, as long as we don't lose sight of who the gaffer wants I couldn't care less how we get em
MB
Cricket's Darren Anderton
Has liked: 5678 likes
Total likes: 3096 likes

Post by MB »

As others have said, it is the club’s money which makes bugger all difference to the selling price (within reason) and in a word ego.

I think they genuinely believe the bull**** they talk about champions league and being the saviours of the club.
fjthegrey
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 1168 likes

Post by fjthegrey »

Wormley The 2nd wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 1:11 pm Seriously though, what incentive do the owners have to pump money into the squad in the remaining three windows
The more valuable our squad, the more valuable our club.

Player value is all part of the price.