Formula1

Want to talk sport? The Forum to discuss all sports not related to the beautiful game.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 1978 likes
Total likes: 1466 likes

Re: Formula1

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

Bend it like Repka wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 1:17 pm

As for Mercedes, yes it would be nice with 2 brits up there, but I would have taken McClaren as well. We desperately need a third driver in the mix....
Saint, Perez and Russell look likely contenders.

Hopefully Mclaren can get closer too. I wonder if Hamilton is focused enough to mount a challenge.
-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 836 likes
Total likes: 4952 likes

Post by -DL- »

I genuinely believe that the events of the last race of last season have broken Hamilton. He doesn't look as though his heart is in it anymore. He's in a catch 22 situation though, as if he walks away now, he'll get slaughtered, but if he's driving a car around with no heart in it and going through the motions, which despite it's faults is still faster than we mere mortals could comprehend, I can see him having an off that makes the choice for him or worse.

It may not be him, but I've got a bad feeling about this season - call it a premonition or what, I dunno, but I think someone's career will come to an end - possibly their life.

Don't know why I think that - I've just got this uneasy feeling that I can't shake off.
Chicken Run Supreme
Has liked: 855 likes
Total likes: 823 likes

Post by Chicken Run Supreme »

^^Not so sure about the ending someone’s life but, but the rest of the post I totally get.

Hamilton was properly ****ed over last season and he is understandably finding it a bitter pill to swallow. His body language tells you everything and it’s clear he’s fallen out of love with the sport.
To be honest, my love for F1 is diminishing and that is down to the way Verstappen was given the title last year. These are not the words of a fan boy who can’t handle their hero not winning, it’s the simple fact that what happened was just wrong, plain and simple.

A piece of Lewis died that day in Abu Dhabi and maybe he should of walked away. He doesn’t deserve to be hulking a bouncing chassis around the middle of the field.
Denbighammer
Has liked: 697 likes
Total likes: 431 likes

Post by Denbighammer »

DRS is bull****. Utter, plastic bull****.
-DL-
Bag Man

Post by -DL- »

Chicken Run Supreme wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 9:30 pm ^^Not so sure about the ending someone’s life but, but the rest of the post I totally get.

Doesn't necessarily have to be Lewis.

When the Miami GP was on, seeing these street circuits popping up all over the colander, with no run-offs and concrete walls, I said to the Mrs 'I reckon something is going to happen this season with a driver that ain't going to be pretty'.
wolf359
Has liked: 1558 likes
Total likes: 1709 likes

Post by wolf359 »

-DL- wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 8:36 am Doesn't necessarily have to be Lewis.

When the Miami GP was on, seeing these street circuits popping up all over the colander, with no run-offs and concrete walls, I said to the Mrs 'I reckon something is going to happen this season with a driver that ain't going to be pretty'.
The drivers are beginning to voice their concerns about certain things (concrete barrier that Sainz and Ocon hit for example, non-straight blind straights in Saudi to name two). The response to Miami was ‘don’t crash’. As you said it is starting to feel 2014 like and I hope Mohammed bin Sulayem listens (starting to develop a dislike for this guy) before it is too late, at the moment he is more interested in Lewis’s piecings and creating moments for DTS.
wolf359

Post by wolf359 »

Couple of decent Formula E races in Berlin this weekend. It’s got a long way to go to rival F1 but was decent viewing.

Charlie Leclerc binned Lauda’s Ferrari in the Monaco classic today. Expensive.

Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1787 likes
Total likes: 2071 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

^^^^ Seems his front left brake disk shattered.
Gaz
Has liked: 358 likes
Total likes: 192 likes

Post by Gaz »

Just seen an unsubstantiated rumour on Twitter that Ferrari are planning to present information on other teams developments Vs cost caps.

Anyone else seen or heard anything about this?
wolf359

Post by wolf359 »

Gaz wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 6:56 pm Just seen an unsubstantiated rumour on Twitter that Ferrari are planning to present information on other teams developments Vs cost caps.

Anyone else seen or heard anything about this?
They have been pushing for more transparency on spending. Red Bull have brought updates to each race (that is a documented fact) Ferrari have made minor changes (Merc have bought little also). They are making sure RB stay ‘honest’. Mad Marco’s ‘we’ve spent 18%’ comment is fuelling it as well. Pretty sure Mercedes’ will be keenly looking in to it as well.

Was talked about on Missed-Apex and ‘The Race’ podcasts this week. Article has come from the Italian press, who are not the most balanced on Ferrari matters.

Though I’m sure RB will counter with Haas/Ferrari accusations.

Barcelona and beyond will be interesting
Gaz

Post by Gaz »

szola
Has liked: 586 likes
Total likes: 347 likes

Post by szola »

I believe Hamilton is waiting on the progress of the development. He will not risk his life, if he cannot have a chance to win.
Can't see Mercedes being able to compete this season. If they are in F1 for the long haul, they'll be back next season, with probably the fastest car.
wolf359

Post by wolf359 »

Some interesting photos around tonight. AM seemingly been up to their tricks again with Red Bull being the muse this time. Merc with a very clever looking floor. Genuinely excited to see what this weekend brings.
-DL-
Bag Man

Post by -DL- »

Sainz has come out publicly and said a debate needs to be opened in consideration of a rethink of the current cars 'phliosophy' and the effects on the body from the porpoising and the potential long term effects.

I think he's got a point, and I'm glad it was him that has come out with it and not Russell/Hamilton as you'd have people claiming that Merc drivers are only saying it because they don't have a front running car.

https://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12474 ... for-debate
Gaz

Post by Gaz »

wolf359 wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 10:47 pm Some interesting photos around tonight. AM seemingly been up to their tricks again with Red Bull being the muse this time. Merc with a very clever looking floor. Genuinely excited to see what this weekend brings.
From the pink Merc to the green RB - they really have no shame!

I really hope this upgrade nails it for Merc this weekend - don't get me wrong I'm not 'team LH / GR / Merc' or whatever else I'd be accused of - just want a real sense of schadenfreude regarding red bull, Horner and Marko. I've not even got anything against Max - he is a genuine talent but a product of his environment.
Gaz

Post by Gaz »

-DL- wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 10:43 am Sainz has come out publicly and said a debate needs to be opened in consideration of a rethink of the current cars 'phliosophy' and the effects on the body from the porpoising and the potential long term effects.

I think he's got a point, and I'm glad it was him that has come out with it and not Russell/Hamilton as you'd have people claiming that Merc drivers are only saying it because they don't have a front running car.

https://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12474 ... for-debate
It's a very valid point, it can't be healthy. It's also a ridiculous look for the pinnacle of Motorsport engineering.
wolf359

Post by wolf359 »

Interesting Friday. Have Merc returned or is this another good Friday only. Are RB and Ferrari holding something back (reckon they are) Fernando liked handy as well.

Tyre degradation seems huge, tyre management could be key, could make an interesting race.
Morocco Mole
Has liked: 3648 likes
Total likes: 2334 likes

Post by Morocco Mole »

I’m struggling to think of a bigger **** in sport than Max Verstappen. Horrible little twonk.

George Russell has announced himself big style. Unbelievable defensive driving. :clap:
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2424 likes
Total likes: 2633 likes

Post by sendô »

LeClerc out after leading comfortably.

Russell doing very well holding off Verstappen, but now been done by Perez DRS. :thdn:
wolf359

Post by wolf359 »

sendô wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 2:49 pm LeClerc out after leading comfortably.

Russell doing very well holding off Verstappen, but now been done by Perez DRS. :thdn:
Some fantastic action between George and Max. (RB moaning about it as usual)

Perez shafted by RB orders. Lewis unlucky again on lap one (thought KMag was lucky not be penalised - but the rules of engagement are different when Lewis is involved) drove a blinder (with damage) since

Some good racing this weekend with F3,2 and W all having decent events.

13 laps to go will the PUs hold out?