Sharpe assault [non WHU]

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators :  -DL-, Rio, the pink palermo, bristolhammerfc, chalks, Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304

The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 447 likes
Total likes: 352 likes

Re: Sharpe assault [non WHU]

Post by The Old Man of Storr » Fri May 20, 2022 8:09 am

That bloke in the yellow t-shirt - looked like more of a ' Barge ' than a ' Headbutt ' to me unless he's well versed in the art of headbutting while running , it's quite a difficult technique to pull off .

The Viera thing was deliberate provocation , he shouldn't have kicked out but we don't know what was said .

How will the Premier League react ??

e17
Has liked: 159 likes
Total likes: 372 likes

Post by e17 » Fri May 20, 2022 8:10 am

prophet:marginal wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 7:13 am
On the post-game pitch invasion itself, Lampard said: “It was [the] pure elation of fans who have come on the pitch after avoiding relegation. If it is done in the right way, let them stay on the pitch, let them have their moment. As long as they behave, no problem.”
To be fair, Frankie De Tory has played a blinder there in making himself sound less Colier Row and more Croxteth.

“Run un the pitch, physically and verbally assault players and staff, as long as we stay up and I’ve got my job.”

You know what to expect from Frank.

e17
Has liked: 159 likes
Total likes: 372 likes

Post by e17 » Fri May 20, 2022 8:14 am

The Old Man of Storr wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 8:09 am
That bloke in the yellow t-shirt - looked like more of a ' Barge ' than a ' Headbutt ' to me unless he's well versed in the art of headbutting while running , it's quite a difficult technique to pull off .
He’s got six months in chokey to work out what it was

DaveWHU1964
Has liked: 274 likes
Total likes: 267 likes

Post by DaveWHU1964 » Fri May 20, 2022 8:17 am

Viera hit out and shouldn’t have done so but I can’t blame him. The bloke was goading him, and filming it hoping for a reaction. Well he got one. Those that swarmed around him taking little digs then hiding behind others are two-bob cowards who would never confront Viera one on one. Scum.

This. Billy Sharp. Swindon players, etc. this is becoming the norm. A line has been crossed and morons, everywhere are now seeing that as the new ‘boundary’.

lincolnhammer1963
Has liked: 9 likes
Total likes: 84 likes

Post by lincolnhammer1963 » Fri May 20, 2022 8:19 am

The world is a very angry place right now.
There's no excuse for people to behave in this way, but this is the fallout of two years frustration coming out

Nothing wrong with exuberance and celebration, but it has to been done in the right manner

Let's see what happens in the premier league this weekend.
I suspect it will be Burnley where we see scenes

S-H
GIF Git
Has liked: 1404 likes
Total likes: 2354 likes

Post by S-H » Fri May 20, 2022 8:21 am

lincolnhammer1963 wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 8:19 am
The world is a very angry place right now.
It's nothing to do with that, I don't think.

It's just full of opportunistic, brain dead morons, looking for a few likes on social media.

smuts
Has liked: 527 likes
Total likes: 403 likes

Post by smuts » Fri May 20, 2022 8:21 am

They are going to have to stamp down on this before someone gets seriously hurt. The way that twat smashed into Sharpe I'm surprised he didn't break his jaw.

DaveWHU1964

Post by DaveWHU1964 » Fri May 20, 2022 8:23 am

smuts wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 8:21 am
They are going to have to stamp down on this before someone gets seriously hurt. The way that twat smashed into Sharpe I'm surprised he didn't break his jaw.
100%. The authorities need to step up on this now. I won’t hold my breath though.

Westbourne Bill
Has liked: 16 likes
Total likes: 118 likes

Post by Westbourne Bill » Fri May 20, 2022 8:24 am

That Amanda Jacks of the Football Supporters Association was on Talksport yesterday afternoon. Whilst she’s no doubt done good work in her role (and I think is a West Ham fan) her forgiving attitude towards pitch invaders prompted a pretty angry strong reaction it seemed from listeners. She pointed to the fact that apart from the Billy Sharp case she could only think of the Monica Seles stabbing as cases where fans went too far.

Don’t think the interviewer, Paul Hawksbee could believe what she was saying.

S-H
GIF Git

Post by S-H » Fri May 20, 2022 8:24 am

smuts wrote:
I'd suggest a few snipers positioned around the stadium, would do the trick.

S-H
GIF Git

Post by S-H » Fri May 20, 2022 8:27 am

Westbourne Bill wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 8:24 am
That Amanda Jacks of the Football Supporters Association was on Talksport yesterday afternoon. Whilst she’s no doubt done good work in her role (and I think is a West Ham fan) her forgiving attitude towards pitch invaders prompted a pretty angry strong reaction it seemed from listeners. She pointed to the fact that apart from the Billy Sharp case she could only think of the Monica Seles stabbing as cases where fans went too far.

Don’t think the interviewer, Paul Hawksbee could believe what she was saying.
I heard that, she massively contradicted herself when she said they aren't breaking the law by being on the pitch.

Paul Hawksbee, then suggested, that it's a criminal offence for a supporter to enter the field of play, to which she agreed and even cited the law.

hammer1975
Has liked: 197 likes
Total likes: 167 likes

Post by hammer1975 » Fri May 20, 2022 8:31 am

There needs to be consistency - we were fined for a couple of people on the pitch IIRC

I’m pretty sure most fans would be respectful to other players and staff, celebrate the occasion etc. the problem is that every team has it’s idiot fans (some more than others) and you can’t legislate for what they could do in that beered up emotional moment (especially with only a few minimum wage stewards).

I personally think they should come down hard on Everton as an opportunity to put this genie back in the bottle. But they won’t - they’ll come up with some new guidance in six months time so that the lovable scousers aren’t offended and we’ll be the first club disciplined after celebrating qualifying for CL at the end of next season.

mushy
Has liked: 139 likes
Total likes: 243 likes

Post by mushy » Fri May 20, 2022 8:37 am

S-H wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 8:27 am
I heard that, she massively contradicted herself when she said they aren't breaking the law by being on the pitch.

Paul Hawksbee, then suggested, that it's a criminal offence for a supporter to enter the field of play, to which she agreed and even cited the law.
She could be right though on both accounts.
Technically doesn't the field of play end when the ref blows the final whistle?
I'm only saying this because clearly some people are allowed on the pitch after the final whistle, for instance the families of players when there is a lap of celebration such as at our place on Sunday.
I've no idea if all of those Everton fans were breaking the law or not.

SammyLeeWasOffside
Has liked: 30 likes
Total likes: 179 likes

Post by SammyLeeWasOffside » Fri May 20, 2022 8:37 am

They will ban lanzini for damaging a fans fist with his jaw.

mushy
Has liked: 139 likes
Total likes: 243 likes

Post by mushy » Fri May 20, 2022 8:43 am

hammer1975 wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 8:31 am

I personally think they should come down hard on Everton as an opportunity to put this genie back in the bottle. But they won’t - they’ll come up with some new guidance in six months time so that the lovable scousers aren’t offended and we’ll be the first club disciplined after celebrating qualifying for CL at the end of next season.
A 10 point deduction would soon stop it all. However Talksport are saying that the punishment wouldn't be fair as you would get away fans pretending to be home fans etc.
Which is of course nonsense as it's fairly easy to identify whose fans are who when every match is all ticket.

Hammer1972
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 42 likes

Post by Hammer1972 » Fri May 20, 2022 8:44 am

mushy wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 8:37 am
She could be right though on both accounts.
Technically doesn't the field of play end when the ref blows the final whistle?
I'm only saying this because clearly some people are allowed on the pitch after the final whistle, for instance the families of players when there is a lap of celebration such as at our place on Sunday.
I've no idea if all of those Everton fans were breaking the law or not.
Well, some Everton fans were on 5 minutes before the final whistle…

Paolopaul
Total likes: 74 likes

Post by Paolopaul » Fri May 20, 2022 8:47 am

S-H wrote:

It's just full of opportunistic, brain dead morons, looking for a few likes on social media.
True, but I don’t think 2 years of isolation has done much good for these morons. Lack of empathy and social awareness seems to have gone up a lot over lockdown, with attention seekers having years of attention to catch up on!

ornchurch ammer
Has liked: 75 likes
Total likes: 38 likes

Post by ornchurch ammer » Fri May 20, 2022 8:49 am

How many on here condemning the pitch invasions were on the pitch when we beat Cambridge?

Assault is assault and I expect to see McBurnie and Vieira prosecuted in the same way as the Forest fan was.

I also expect Port Vale fans who punched the Swindon players to be identified and prosecuted.

DaveWHU1964

Post by DaveWHU1964 » Fri May 20, 2022 8:58 am

I was on the pitch v Cambridge. It was legal back then. No one went on with the intention of whacking a player. It was all about joy.

I am sure the same would still be true of the vast majority of Everton, Forest and Port Vale fans for example but a) now it’s illegal and b) it’s providing cover for fans to get on the pitch and goad/ attack players. Those are the two big differences between then and now.

Billydinho
Has liked: 28 likes
Total likes: 139 likes

Post by Billydinho » Fri May 20, 2022 9:15 am

S-H wrote:

Amen sister.