The Summer Transfer Thread 2022.

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

HammerAl
Total likes: 397 likes

Re: The Summer Transfer Thread 2022.

Post by HammerAl »

Billy Hunt wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 5:55 pm Are you Hammer, are you Hammer, are you Hammerman11 in disguise ?
Can’t be! There are no ludicrous fees and all the spellings seem to be correct.

Saying that, they have put an apostrophe in Fredericks…

The plot thickens!
paulhs1
Has liked: 1740 likes
Total likes: 1490 likes

Post by paulhs1 »

Billy Hunt wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 5:55 pm Are you Hammer, are you Hammer, are you Hammerman11 in disguise ?
I've only got 6 incomings on my list, H has 10 on his :crylol:
Billy Hunt
Has liked: 471 likes
Total likes: 364 likes

Post by Billy Hunt »

paulhs1 wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 6:08 pm I've only got 6 incomings on my list, H has 10 on his :crylol:
Good point :crylol:
westlondonhammer
Has liked: 1086 likes
Total likes: 1397 likes

Post by westlondonhammer »

paulhs1 wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 5:32 pm The only way we sign Rashford is if we pay upwards of £70m, pay him close to £200k a week and sell both Berhama and Vlasic.

Bring in Lingard and Bassey as well along side Bowen and antonio and we would have the quickest team in the league.

Not gonna happen though.
I see a loan (and sizable loan fee) with an option

Play him central and watch him blossom
paulhs1
Has liked: 1740 likes
Total likes: 1490 likes

Post by paulhs1 »

westlondonhammer wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 6:26 pm I see a loan (and sizable loan fee) with an option

Play him central and watch him blossom
Rashford would clearly add value, but I just can't see how we can make the numbers work.....I just cant see him taking a pay cut
hammers92
Has liked: 314 likes
Total likes: 1786 likes

Post by hammers92 »

Fredericks to Fulham makes a load of sense for him. Best of luck if that’s where he ends up :newthumb:
westlondonhammer

paulhs1 wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 6:31 pm Rashford would clearly add value, but I just can't see how we can make the numbers work.....I just cant see him taking a pay cut
1. If it's a loan, we might not need to
2. If we're serious about competing at the top, we'll need to pay that kind of wage at some point

Imagine the message it sends to Rice adding his mate Lingard and Rashford to this squad. Then if you're Phillips, suddenly we look much more appealing having a few England regulars around the team.

f***, those 3, Areola and a few decent defenders and I have us competing with Chelsea next season.
Gsbgsb
Has liked: 318 likes
Total likes: 747 likes

Post by Gsbgsb »

Seriously there are people who, if a deal could be done within budget (fee and wages wise) and he wanted to come, would turn their nose up at Rashford? (It will not as, financials apart, I would be amazed if Ten Hag would let him go without at least one season working with him unless Rashford is desperate to leave in which case bigger fish than us would be in play including every other member of the top 6).

Sure the guy has had one bad year - suddenly though 28 goals and 16 assists in the previous two seasons mainly from the left side is not good enough? Benrahma is going to have a hell of a season next year then as he will need 30 G/A just to equal this.

European goals do not count? Last I looked we were in Europe again next season and a 8 goal contribution from one player is likely to take us very deep in the competition.

Get him back to even his levels pre this season (and he is still only 24 so plenty of time to improve) then him, Antonio (or A N Other) and Bowen would make us one of the biggest attacking threats in the league and help greatly in the cups.
Burnley Hammer
Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham
Has liked: 236 likes
Total likes: 2575 likes

Post by Burnley Hammer »

But England are rubbish and never win anything. Why would we want all their players? ;)
Romfordboy
Has liked: 150 likes
Total likes: 288 likes

Post by Romfordboy »

I mean there is no chance, but I reckon Moyes would take a gamble in rashford

Why couldn’t we afford btw. 180k is not completely out of the question for us… esp if we could rashford anywhere near his best.
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2501 likes
Total likes: 4405 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

It isn't just the wages with Rashford.

They would be foolish to lend us a player. They should have learned from the Lingard experience.

Furthermore, they have a huge turnover of players in the pipeline - Greenwood is persona non-grata, Lingard is off, Mata will go...Matic, Jones, Pogba....Martial wanted out...how long can Ronaldo go on??

It only makes sense from their prospective if someone gives them all the money they want.

Rashford should also be aware that once UEFA's FFP rules start to take hold, player wages may well fall.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6757 likes
Total likes: 2352 likes

Post by Colours never run »

Rashford is definitely not a gamble. Can't see him coming to us but if it were possible, wow. Big statement that would make and improve us greatly up top.

For his own sake, he needs to get away from Old Trafford so to regain his focus elsewhere on football again. He comes across as a very principled, free thinking bloke so he might contemplate it if he thought he would benefit from such a move- not necessarily with us, just as long as its away from the current Man Utd circus show.
Longaz
Has liked: 1389 likes
Total likes: 24 likes

Post by Longaz »

Regardless of why and how crap hes been for the last year, Rashford will probably still see himself as a 'Champions League' level player. And even if we could stump up the fee and wages would Man Utd even entertain selling him to us seeing that we're now rivals.
westlondonhammer

Longaz wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 6:59 pm Regardless of why and how crap hes been for the last year, Rashford will probably still see himself as a 'Champions League' level player. And even if we could stump up the fee and wages would Man Utd even entertain selling him to us seeing that we're now rivals.
Then he (along with Lingard and Rice) can take us to the Champions League can't he :winker:

Man U will need to recoup a bit in order to give another new manager another new squad and set of players. They're losing enough for free, they'll need a bit of money coming in to get some new players in.
Aceface
Has liked: 377 likes
Total likes: 1472 likes

Post by Aceface »

hammers92 wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 6:36 pm Fredericks to Fulham makes a load of sense for him. Best of luck if that’s where he ends up :newthumb:
The jungle drums have Arthur following him given Silva's Olympiakos link. No word on the size of the transfer fee Fulham are demanding from us to facilitate that.
Wormley The 2nd
Has liked: 71 likes
Total likes: 40 likes

Post by Wormley The 2nd »

This comment was removed by a moderator because it was off-topic. For more details, please refer to the Forum Terms of Use. Replies may also be deleted.
hammerman11
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 745 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

Now now play nicely !

Rashford at a reasonable price is a no brained but can't see it myself .
We need 2 strikers in Dennis and broja

I wonder how much basey would be ?

Moyes making noises about improving us all round. Not just squad but stadium as well.

Take the white seats out and have all claret ones apart from white seats marking out the crossed hammers.

Repaint the outside of the bowl claret and blue
GetUrWangOut
Has liked: 79 likes
Total likes: 85 likes

Post by GetUrWangOut »

paulhs1 wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 6:08 pm I've only got 6 incomings on my list, H has 10 on his :crylol:
You didn’t have masuaka on your out list either :crylol:
hammerman11
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 745 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

Full outs list Randolph Martin diop masuska fredericks noble kral yarmolenko vlasic
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1993 likes
Total likes: 1670 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

imvho if Rashford comes it's a loan with them subsidizing his wages.

and if that was the case, I imagine there would be a few in line as well as us. of course there's the Lingard factor.

as bubbs stated, Jones, Mata, Matic, Pogba and Lingard gone and off the wage bill. but Martial might be going back unless HE takes a huge pay cut. they can't afford him in Spain. IF, a big IF I understand, Rashford could recover any sort of form for them, he'd bump his value back up, worse case for them, they get a player back who a couple of seasons back, was brilliant.

would allow us to move Fornals into CM which I think, is his best position. spots a 1st time pass to the front players, he's done it on many occasions, not always ending up in a goal, but more often than not at worst gets us up the park and/or a free kick or corner.

similar if we were to sign the 3 last names kid. Rashford would save a transfer fee. it might even allow us to move Vlasic centrally too should the occasion arise, and him being here next season.

unfortunately we are in a position league wise/Europe wise where we need a big investment to just stand still. as will the others around us and those who want to hit Europe too. Newcastle/Villa and I'm sure the folks who own Leicester won't be happy with their league position for long.

lots to be done, and maybe not enough money to cover all of our NEEDS.

we've all talked about it before, lack of CORRECT investment finds us where we are.

LB
LCB maybe 2 - let's face it, Dawson probably won't be as good next year, not should we expect him to be.
DM/CM
CF

hopefully we've sewn up Areoloa, not sure how creditable the Tweet was earlier.

that's a MINIMUM FOUR outfield players. I'd like another RW backup to Bowen. moving Benni, Fornals or Vlasic is NOT the solution imvho. nor is moving Antonio, that would be a non-starter for me, unless late in a game maybe. and that's a big maybe.