The Summer Transfer Thread 2022.

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Bond Holder 59
Has liked: 1170 likes
Total likes: 680 likes

Re: The Summer Transfer Thread 2022.

Post by Bond Holder 59 »

Step one for Rashford before any club takes a gamble is get back to basics. Loose social media, drop the tv adverts, step back from the campaigns and focus everything on regaining the career that led to all those opportunities.

There’s time for non football after football…..ask Nobes.
👍🥸
GlasgowRangers1990
Has liked: 4 likes

Post by GlasgowRangers1990 »

bubbles1966 wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 5:54 pm Welcome - who else is on the list of interested parties then?
Not 100% sure on exact teams, all that has been mentioned to me is a German team that we have faced this season (Leipzig or Dortmund) had an informal chat about Bassey with Rangers, an Italian team and that WHU and 2 other English Prem clubs were asked to be kept in the loop. Basseys agent had a chat with Rangers about their valuation (apparently £8 million) at the start of the season on behalf of WHU and WHU weren't keen but were looking to see how they developed. I honestly think Rangers are now looking for circa £20 million for the boy.
Ironing Board
Has liked: 2082 likes
Total likes: 1802 likes

Post by Ironing Board »

GlasgowRangers1990 wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 11:14 pm Not 100% sure on exact teams, all that has been mentioned to me is a German team that we have faced this season (Leipzig or Dortmund) had an informal chat about Bassey with Rangers, an Italian team and that WHU and 2 other English Prem clubs were asked to be kept in the loop. Basseys agent had a chat with Rangers about their valuation (apparently £8 million) at the start of the season on behalf of WHU and WHU weren't keen but were looking to see how they developed. I honestly think Rangers are now looking for circa £20 million for the boy.
Fat chance. If Tierney went for 25M then there is now way this guy goes for 20M.
Ironing Board

Post by Ironing Board »

Here's a thought. Given Rashford is a charitably-minded fellow surely he would like to play under a manager who also values philanthropy? Say a guy who delivered foot to the elderly amid the Covid pandemic?
hammer1975
Has liked: 989 likes
Total likes: 1164 likes

Post by hammer1975 »

I doubt it will pan out like this as the window isn’t even open yet but, if we did:

Areola £10m
Bassey £17m
Aguerd £15m
Lingard £5m (signing on fee estimate)
KLP £20m
Hlozek £17m

Sell Masuaku (£5m), Diop (£10m) and Vlasic (£15m)

Net spend £54m

Then drop £50m on striker or CM - with the majority being on one position and the other being a loan or loan to buy or cheaper option. For striker - potentially ‘cheaper options’ could be - Zapata, Broja (on loan), Embolo, Thuram.

That would give us:
Good goalkeeper and back up
Two fullbacks either side - both more defensive and more attacking options
Four CB’s - with Johnson and Bassey also able to play wide CB in a three at the back if needed
Flexibility to play 3 or 4 at the back
Flexibility to play a three behind a striker or two up top
Couple of players that have pace and can play in any of the three behind a striker
Three homegrown players added
Average age of squad down

If not Hlozek then maybe Martin Terrier from Rennes (I’m not sure if any truth whether Moyes isn’t keen on Hlozek but he looks to be able to play multiple roles, is pacey and looks technically good on YouTube)
stu1
Has liked: 669 likes
Total likes: 1038 likes

Post by stu1 »

Ironing Board wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 11:28 pm Fat chance. If Tierney went for 25M then there is now way this guy goes for 20M.
How many years had Tierney proven himself before moving? I’m not sure if anyone will pay more than £20m for a player who’s had one good season which is primarily based on a cup run (not that I’m saying he isn’t a good prospect).
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1858 likes
Total likes: 2107 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

From Saturday's BBC Gossip

Newcastle United are ruling out a move for Manchester United's out-of-contract England midfielder Jesse Lingard unless the 29-year-old reduces his £150,000-a-week wage demands. (ESPN)

Fulham are lining up West Ham's English right-back Ryan Fredericks, 29, on a free transfer as their first signing since clinching promotion to the Premier League. (Evening Standard)

Everton and England striker Dominic Calvert-Lewin, 25, expects to leave the club in the summer, with Arsenal and Newcastle United both interested. (Football Insider)
Albie Beck
Has liked: 629 likes
Total likes: 654 likes

Post by Albie Beck »

hammerman11 wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 7:48 pm Full outs list Randolph Martin diop masuska fredericks noble kral yarmolenko vlasic
Oi! You promised no more Martin Outs...
ironilunga
Has liked: 382 likes
Total likes: 1201 likes

Post by ironilunga »

Bond Holder 59 wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 11:02 pm Step one for Rashford before any club takes a gamble is get back to basics. Loose social media, drop the tv adverts, step back from the campaigns and focus everything on regaining the career that led to all those opportunities.

There’s time for non football after football…..ask Nobes.
👍🥸
Its a firm no from me.

Quite aside from any of his non footballing commitments is the risk that he won’t be able to motivate himself to play for us. I mean, what would his motivation be in coming to us?????? It’s the first question we should ask any potential signing this Summer.
hammerman11
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 745 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

He was only added as it was the full list. Won't appear again until next time he does!

Basey for 8m no brainer

Rashford is a big risk as man utd will want 50m plus his big wages . Been poor for a year !

Dennis 20m and broja on loan maybe
stammer
Has liked: 13 likes
Total likes: 129 likes

Post by stammer »

danm79 wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 8:15 pm Seems Areola hired a crane today to deliver and install a pizza oven in his garden, I know money probably isn't an issue for him but probably is likely to suggest his is staying in the UK.
At least till teatime
The Straw
Has liked: 595 likes
Total likes: 1429 likes

Post by The Straw »

Roc Nation would never, ever allow Marcus Rashford to move to West Ham at this age. Never, ever going to happen. I rate him but think clearly, people.

Roc Nation has increased his popularity 10x in the last few years. It has coincided with a perceived dip in form but I think he'll come back strong. Not with us though. They will have bigger plans than West Ham. Let's get real. Its all about the PR and money. And this guy has unreal PR. Covers of magazines. Goodwill. Good age. Roc Nation could get him a number one album if they really wanted. He ain't signing for us. No chance.
ironilunga
Has liked: 382 likes
Total likes: 1201 likes

Post by ironilunga »

hammer1975 wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 11:38 pm Hlozek £17m
We should avoid a Shawhank style moment of our bench in a years time having ‘Kral was here’ etched on it followed by ‘so was Hlozek’
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1993 likes
Total likes: 1670 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

This comment was removed by a moderator because it failed to abide by our community standards. For more details, please refer to the Forum Terms of Use. Replies may also be deleted.
Ironing Board

Post by Ironing Board »

stu1 wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 11:39 pm How many years had Tierney proven himself before moving? I’m not sure if anyone will pay more than £20m for a player who’s had one good season which is primarily based on a cup run (not that I’m saying he isn’t a good prospect).
Tierney was rated one of the best left backs in Europe when he moved. Several championship medals, Champions League appearances, etc.
SiamHammer
Has liked: 1070 likes
Total likes: 199 likes

Post by SiamHammer »

ironilunga wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 12:08 am Its a firm no from me.

Quite aside from any of his non footballing commitments is the risk that he won’t be able to motivate himself to play for us. I mean, what would his motivation be in coming to us?????? It’s the first question we should ask any potential signing this Summer.
The motivation would be to get into the WC squad in the winter, which is huge motivation as he currently should be nowhere near the national team

Not that I think it would ever happen but he definitely needs to improve/play regularly if he wants to make the England squad
funky chicken
Has liked: 322 likes
Total likes: 1225 likes

Post by funky chicken »

"We can add to it and maybe get a bit more competition in some areas than we've had at the moment.

"The truth is, I've probably been looking forward six months to a year. How can I grow it a little bit better and stronger? I've been at it all the time and I've never stopped thinking about the future and growing the Club.

"I want things better round the training ground and the stadium. There are lots of things I want to build, but with regards to players, we hope we'll be able to add to what we've got next season."

https://www.whufc.com/news/it-happened- ... conference

Not the first time I’ve seen the word ‘competition’. Which probably explains the links to the likes of Watkins, Broja, Bassey and keeping Areola. He wants players to come in and at least do a similar sort of job to the players who are already playing in that respective position.
Hamburger
Has liked: 866 likes
Total likes: 450 likes

Post by Hamburger »

Diogenes wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 9:40 am The only thing I am pretty certain about is that Moyes likes a small squad with minimal changes, thus keeping the spirit and harmony high.

Given that, regardless of what 'you' want, can anyone really see 6 -9 'new' faces this year??
/quote]
Hamburger
Has liked: 866 likes
Total likes: 450 likes

Post by Hamburger »

It's a very good point and also he is extremely selective (rightly so) and probably has only a small hit list. Once Sully has fckd some of them up he'll have very few options, as we saw in the last window. But circumstances will probably dictate us needing a few, if not all in the summer but January too. 2 or 3 will get injuries and I'm guessing Oggy will not be the same player on his return. Unless a couple of the academy can step up, I fear we will need around 8 over the course of the season, bearing in mind that at least 5 will be going. I'm still hopeful that Newman can bag a couple of gooduns. He has a house in the south of France and should have a good handle on French and Spanish prospects (speaks both languages).
Last edited by Hamburger on Sat May 21, 2022 5:23 am, edited 5 times in total.
PF.
Warsaw's Peter Stringfellow
Total likes: 411 likes

Post by PF. »

Abraham, Tomori, Lingard, Phillips

That’s £100m - £120m I’d guess so all is good! :crylol: