The Summer Transfer Thread 2022.

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

BusterKnutt
Has liked: 10 likes
Total likes: 53 likes

Re: The Summer Transfer Thread 2022.

Post by BusterKnutt »

I am Legend wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 12:08 pm Anyone who thinks Lanzini should be out needs to get an old sock, fill it with wet tea bags, then slap themselves with it.

He's one of the best footballers at the club, loyal to the club, finally getting back to his best after a career changing injury. He looked great once he nailed down that role next to Rice. Those two passing together improved us so much.
Whether he is one of the best footballers at the club or getting back to his best is irrelevant if he doesn't fit the system though - and unless we are going to change the way we play, he doesn't for me.

If he wasn't playing for us already, would you have him on your list of transfer ins? I wouldn't.
McKnightmare
Has liked: 22 likes
Total likes: 201 likes

Post by McKnightmare »

I think a big part of our strategy will be based around if Forest come up.

No smoke without fire on those repeated links with Worrall and Johnson. Same but to a lesser extent with both Leeds and Burnley re: Phillips, Raphina and Brownhill.
Burnley Hammer
Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham
Has liked: 232 likes
Total likes: 2570 likes

Post by Burnley Hammer »

NWhammer wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 11:59 am I’m not sure I’d take Gallagher based on I don’t think he’s much different to Fornals, and certainly not 50m or so better.

Phillips would be be signing for me. He’d improve the midfield so much and give us the option of either…

Phillips, Rice, Soucek or Phillips, Rice, Fornals

Two great options in my opinion.
Improving the defence and having a midfield 3 of Rice, Phillips, Soucek would hurt us from an attacking viewpoint. It would certainly improve the amount of clean sheets we have though. I think we'd see a lot of 0-0 and 1-0 scores. I think Phillips, Rice, Fornals would work a lot better.
I am Legend
Has liked: 1550 likes
Total likes: 1622 likes

Post by I am Legend »

1: Well done on making use of those old tea bags lads

2: He does fit the system. With Rice and Lanzini in CM we improved drastically. We kept the ball better, moved it forward better. Both of them had high pass completion and have the burst of pace to suddenly push between 2 CM and pass it.

It took a while but Lanzini found his groove again and his link up with Rice is one of the best aspects of our game lately.

Yes he'll leave on a free back to his home team River Plate, where he will retire, I hope.

7 years that will be. What a player, we will look back at how lucky we were to have such a talent.

EDIT: And no, I am not Lanzini, there will be no £5 claims.
Burnley Hammer
Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham

Post by Burnley Hammer »

Opinions eh? From an attacking viewpoint I think we've looked utterly ineffective from a central position since Lanzini's been there. He never remotely looks like threatening the oppositions defence. I agree his ability to keep possession is great - but he needs to be more than that. He needs to be able to penetrate a defence. The biggest criticism of Vlasic seems to be that he's not been effective from an attacking viewpoint and makes easy passes instead of taking risks. Sounds like a description of Lanzini to me.
BusterKnutt
Has liked: 10 likes
Total likes: 53 likes

Post by BusterKnutt »

I am Legend wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 12:26 pm 1: Well done on making use of those old tea bags lads

2: He does fit the system. With Rice and Lanzini in CM we improved drastically. We kept the ball better, moved it forward better. Both of them had high pass completion and have the burst of pace to suddenly push between 2 CM and pass it.

It took a while but Lanzini found his groove again and his link up with Rice is one of the best aspects of our game lately.

Yes he'll leave on a free back to his home team River Plate, where he will retire, I hope.

7 years that will be. What a player, we will look back at how lucky we were to have such a talent.

EDIT: And no, I am not Lanzini, there will be no £5 claims.
When you say Rice and Lanzini in midfield, are you talking about alongside each other, or just when they are in the same team?

Manu is a good passer, yes, but we need more than that to progress. I would rather have Fornals over Lanzini either alongside Rice/Soucek or in the hole.

I do however agree that we have been lucky to have him. In the season with Payet he was outstanding and a huge part of how well we did that season. I was praying he didn't get the move to Liverpool to replace Coutinho, but that was then and this is now.
I am Legend
Has liked: 1550 likes
Total likes: 1622 likes

Post by I am Legend »

Its a new partnership, its taking shape but Norwich and Man City game they really got in their groove imo.

We'll see if Moyes thinks the same with who he buys. Obviously any position can be improved, except for Rice and Bowen.
YorksHammer
Has liked: 382 likes
Total likes: 1412 likes

Post by YorksHammer »

Some truly shocking things have been said over the last few pages, but the biggest one is that Lanzini has been here for nearly 7 years!

If we could get someone to sit behind Rice and Lanzini - Phillips as an example, but Kamara equally - I think we'd be tremendous. Soucek can swap with either Rice or Phillips in that formation, Fornals with Lanzini (arguably also with Rice) - probably don't need to sign more than one central midfielders and maybe promote Coventry to first team duty to do that given the use of Fornals and Lanzini in a deeper role.
EastleighHammer16
Has liked: 230 likes
Total likes: 1647 likes

Post by EastleighHammer16 »

Saw this tweet the other day regarding Gallagher.
D C
Has liked: 1103 likes
Total likes: 1437 likes

Post by D C »

Mbappe supposedly staying at PSG now after they have made one of the biggest salary offers in all of sports history. His team has played Madrid like a fiddle after they thought they had him after making the biggest offer in their own history.

What a ****ing waste of talent.
D C
Has liked: 1103 likes
Total likes: 1437 likes

Post by D C »

How can you say that Lanzini doesn’t fit Moyes’ system when Moyes himself has started him in just about every big game possible?
Burnley Hammer

Post by Burnley Hammer »

EastleighHammer16 wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 1:09 pm

Saw this tweet the other day regarding Gallagher.
I always said he was over-rated. Hope we don't sign him.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1904 likes
Total likes: 1612 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

S-H wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 7:07 am hammerman11 is a good bloke.

Leave him and his lists alone, he ain't hurting anyone.

Keep on listing, dude!

:wolfy:
he can list all he wants.

we have an ignore button which some of us, including me use.

but it doesn't work if people keep quoting him.

thanks
Peaches
Has liked: 90 likes
Total likes: 793 likes

Post by Peaches »

Apparently an are signing Jurrien Timber for £35M. Man U have spent over £160M on him, Varane and Maguire… not to mention what they have also spent on Bailly, Lindeloth and Jones. Ogbonna, Zouma and Dawson cost a combined £45M.
Denbighammer
Has liked: 697 likes
Total likes: 431 likes

Post by Denbighammer »

Well I came on here to post a list of players who I think would help us massively and be realistic for us to get. I don't think we'd get all of them bit I do think we need 5 or 6 to maintain a challenge on all front again. We've been fortunate with key injuries in midfield (Rice and soucek in particular). So,

Pope - big upgrade on what we have in goal. He's not as good a shot stopper as Fab or Areola but is a better all round keeper.
Bissouma - dreaming a little? He would give us massive energy in midfield. I actually think he'll go to Chelsea if Kante leaves but he'd be outstanding for us
Trossard - like him, creative, eye for goal, a player who seems to make stuff happen.
Origi - ideal to play with / instead of Antonio. Great strength, good goalscoring record and seems a good character. Literally ticks all the boxes, looks like he's going to AC Milan which is a shame.
Gilmour - worth a punt. Has wilted in a **** situation at Norwich but is still a great prospect and could slit into the Noble role in the squad with Miyes and Co nurturing his development behind the scenes.
Hickey - never seen him play I will admit but looks good in clips, is young and relatively cheap in an area we need an upgrade. Worth a look IMO.
Eriksson - class, we literally couldn't ask for a better playmaker. Settled in London and would orobably go back to Sours but if they didn't want him we should be all over it.
Wan Bissaka - a massive upgrade on our current right back. Needs a settled situation and Moyes would develop him I think. Rarely injured but expensive. Worth a go if the deal was right.
Lewis Potter - from what little I've seen, he seems like another Bowen. What's not it like?

Ps apologies for the list!!
Misko
Has liked: 468 likes
Total likes: 1364 likes

Post by Misko »

For the he striker position, there is one player available, 26yo, with experience of English football as well as CL games, with regular seasons with more than 20 goals scored, only one year of contract left... Yeah, for around 20m, Moussa Dembélé could become a hammer in the blink of an eye.

Joke aside, he is really on the leave, with several PRL clubs reportedly interested. He actually ticks many boxes of your research for a CF.
Aztec Hammer
Has liked: 866 likes
Total likes: 4270 likes

Post by Aztec Hammer »

Misko wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 2:01 pm For the he striker position, there is one player available, 26yo, with experience of English football as well as CL games, with regular seasons with more than 20 goals scored, only one year of contract left... Yeah, for around 20m, Moussa Dembélé could become a hammer in the blink of an eye.

Joke aside, he is really on the leave, with several PRL clubs reportedly interested. He actually ticks many boxes of your research for a CF.
I think he might have closed that door when he winked!
Aztec Hammer
Has liked: 866 likes
Total likes: 4270 likes

Post by Aztec Hammer »

McKnightmare wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 12:23 pm I think a big part of our strategy will be based around if Forest come up.

No smoke without fire on those repeated links with Worrall and Johnson. Same but to a lesser extent with both Leeds and Burnley re: Phillips, Raphina and Brownhill.
I’m honestly not impressed by Worrall at all. Don’t think he’s close to good enough for us.

Also don’t think Brennan Johnson is good enough. Not yet anyway. I think he’d be best served to stay at Forest regardless.
pezza20
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 1058 likes

Post by pezza20 »

Burnley Hammer wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 12:35 pm Opinions eh? From an attacking viewpoint I think we've looked utterly ineffective from a central position since Lanzini's been there. He never remotely looks like threatening the oppositions defence. I agree his ability to keep possession is great - but he needs to be more than that. He needs to be able to penetrate a defence. The biggest criticism of Vlasic seems to be that he's not been effective from an attacking viewpoint and makes easy passes instead of taking risks. Sounds like a description of Lanzini to me.
Against Norwich he was excellent with the pass into Bowen for one of the goals, but for Man City he was asked to cover the middle ground and nobody had real license to roam away from their defensive positions it seemed, so offensively he looked ineffective but defensively he was part of the 10 man wall that allowed us to get the point.
Joffrey
Has liked: 110 likes
Total likes: 134 likes

Post by Joffrey »

Out
Randolph - Free
Masuaku - £3m
Yarmolenko - Out of contract
Noble - Retired
Vlasic - £12m
Fredericks - Out of contract
Diop - £10m

In
Areola - £10m
David Raum - £25m
Nathan Ake - £30m
Kalvin Phillips - £50m
Jesse Lingard - Free
Lewis Potter £15m
Adam Hlozek - £20m
Iheanacho - £25m

Net Spend £150m

Yes, yes I do play Football Manager, why do you ask?