Late David Gold, Sullivan and Brady

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

funky chicken
Has liked: 320 likes
Total likes: 1231 likes

Re: Gold & Sullivan

Post by funky chicken »

Sully must be gutted they have to fork out for more trips abroad. It’s expensive enough to travel to Everton as it is!
Diogenes
Has liked: 432 likes
Total likes: 1144 likes

Post by Diogenes »

bonzosbeard wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 6:28 pm On you Sullivan not buying in January.

Don't give me Moyes didn't want anyone, you've got form when we've been top four in December.
Hmmm, I'm not so sure this time. I think it is an easy target to throw everything Sullivan's way (let's be honest GSB is defunct, it's now all Sullivan). For whatever reasons, I believe the lack of signings in January were down to identified player unavailability and Moyes himself.
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 1978 likes
Total likes: 1466 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

The manager does have to take a small portion of blame.

But ultimately this ownership has form for ****ing things up when good investment is needed.

Our manager has papered over their cracks (ooh er)

#GSB out now and always.
1895Hammer
Has liked: 1332 likes
Total likes: 751 likes

Post by 1895Hammer »

westham,eggyandchips wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 9:17 pm The manager does have to take a small portion of blame.

But ultimately this ownership has form for ****ing things up when good investment is needed.

Our manager has papered over their cracks (ooh er)

#GSB out now and always.
Agree Moyes isn’t totally blameless, but we had opportunity to spend and grow in previous January windows under Allardyce and Bilic, we’ll placed in the league with Europe very attainable. We failed then as we did this last January, there’s only one common denominator in each scenario…..
Bubbles the monkey
Has liked: 26 likes
Total likes: 59 likes

Post by Bubbles the monkey »

They’ve achieved absolutely nothing in their tenure at our club. One proper European tour doesn’t paper over the cracks. Asset stripped us, given us a stadium which is like a Meccano set that we rent. Relegated us. Can’t wait for the day they both fk off. Just hope this Czech bloke isn’t more of the same…
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1904 likes
Total likes: 1612 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

1895Hammer wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 9:31 pm Agree Moyes isn’t totally blameless, but we had opportunity to spend and grow in previous January windows under Allardyce and Bilic, we’ll placed in the league with Europe very attainable. We failed then as we did this last January, there’s only one common denominator in each scenario…..
MOyes did make the point OVER AND OVER though that he HAD money. he couldn't find anyone to improve us.

now it would be different saying that the owners were to blame.

BUT.

he could have said, "players we wanted to add, weren't available." and left it there.

not make a specific point that the board HAD given him money but he chose to not to spend it. he needn't make that point, he didn't need to give the board a free pass. we know what they're like. if he had said I couldn't find anyone I wanted we know he would have been giving us a nudge and a wink.
1895Hammer

Post by 1895Hammer »

Cuenca 'ammer wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 9:37 pm MOyes did make the point OVER AND OVER though that he HAD money. he couldn't find anyone to improve us.

now it would be different saying that the owners were to blame.

BUT.

he could have said, "players we wanted to add, weren't available." and left it there.

not make a specific point that the board HAD given him money but he chose to not to spend it. he needn't make that point, he didn't need to give the board a free pass. we know what they're like. if he had said I couldn't find anyone I wanted we know he would have been giving us a nudge and a wink.
Well if they bid for Nunez Raphina Phillips and according to Moyes himself were after Diaz something doesn’t smell right…. Did Moyes not approve of the Raphina bid, or did Sully screw up the negotiation ? Whatever we’ll never know, but once again the result was the same, failure, and this summer that has to change.
Northbank Bar
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 151 likes

Post by Northbank Bar »

Claret and Hugh hugely digging out Moyes.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

1895Hammer wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 9:42 pm Well if they bid for Nunez Raphina Phillips and according to Moyes himself were after Diaz something doesn’t smell right…. Did Moyes not approve of the Raphina bid, or did Sully screw up the negotiation ? Whatever we’ll never know, but once again the result was the same, failure, and this summer that has to change.
for one, there's absolutely NO WAY we bid for Phillips for January. he was out injured with no return date. in fact he was out for 4 months in total I believe.

so it would have been 50M pissed away imvho.

we "might" have enquired about Rafinha but he's there go to man, and without him they were bollixed/ I think they were prepared to roll the dice and maybe lose him for what we think is a relegation clause.

Nunez was/is really hot property and maybe we asked. he wants a CL team and will more than likely get one. the other lad, Diaz ? maybe.

the rest was imvho a load of bullshyte. all those names chucked around were all different types of players. talk about scattergun.

and if we WERE bidding on those players I think they were completely unrealistic targets.

just my 25 cents worth.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

Northbank Bar wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 9:46 pm Claret and Hugh hugely digging out Moyes.
Well, he shouldn't be above critiscism. He had a bench and could've used it to change things, the moment things started to go away from us. Why is it, we have developed this habit of conceding goals so soon after the break ? That can only come down to switching off at the break. The moment you step over the line and back on again after the break, you have to concentrate once again, because the other team will
smuts
Has liked: 1498 likes
Total likes: 1440 likes

Post by smuts »

Northbank Bar wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 9:46 pm Claret and Hugh hugely digging out Moyes.
Oh there's a shock.
1895Hammer

Post by 1895Hammer »

Cuenca 'ammer wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 9:48 pm for one, there's absolutely NO WAY we bid for Phillips for January. he was out injured with no return date. in fact he was out for 4 months in total I believe.

so it would have been 50M pissed away imvho.

we "might" have enquired about Rafinha but he's there go to man, and without him they were bollixed/ I think they were prepared to roll the dice and maybe lose him for what we think is a relegation clause.

Nunez was/is really hot property and maybe we asked. he wants a CL team and will more than likely get one. the other lad, Diaz ? maybe.

the rest was imvho a load of bullshyte. all those names chucked around were all different types of players. talk about scattergun.

and if we WERE bidding on those players I think they were completely unrealistic targets.

just my 25 cents worth.
Well we can’t change the past, but I don’t see why a team challenging for Top 6 with funds confirmed by its manager shouldnt bid for those players. This summer has to be better, no more tired excuses, incompetent negotiation and noisy bravado, JFDI as the saying goes.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

1895Hammer wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 10:01 pm Well we can’t change the past, but I don’t see why a team challenging for Top 6 with funds confirmed by its manager shouldnt bid for those players. This summer has to be better, no more tired excuses, incompetent negotiation and noisy bravado, JFDI as the saying goes.
I'm not saying that we shouldn't have the ambition to bid on those or that level of player at all.

I'm for chucking a bid in for Jude Belligham. would that show ambition ? yep. is it a realistic bid ? don't know, don't ask don't get.

realistic ? nah. he's destined for much better things.

I could spend all my time chasing Jennifer Anniston. would it show ambition, no question.

but realistic ?

not in five months of Sundays

:crylol:
1895Hammer

Post by 1895Hammer »

Cuenca 'ammer wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 10:05 pm not in five months of Sundays
Jude Bellingham …no your right, destined for better things…. Calvin Phillips on the other hand why not, he won’t be getting European football at Leeds anytime soon, he’s 27, and allegedly on £35/40k a week, should be within range. That’s realistic ambition if you want to improve from where we are today.

And Jennifer Anniston has seen better days, that sounds so old school West Ham, anyone for another Lundberg ?
bonzosbeard
Has liked: 2115 likes
Total likes: 1336 likes

Post by bonzosbeard »

They always do they're a**holes
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

1895Hammer wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 10:23 pm Jude Bellingham …no your right, destined for better things…. Calvin Phillips on the other hand why not, he won’t be getting European football at Leeds anytime soon, he’s 27, and allegedly on £35/40k a week, should be within range. That’s realistic ambition if you want to improve from where we are today.

And Jennifer Anniston has seen better days, that sounds so old school West Ham, anyone for another Lundberg ?
we could go back in the summer for Phillips, but in January ? no way we bid 50M for a player who was injured with no return date. he's hardly played the 2nd half of the season.

and are you kidding me about Jennifer Anniston ?

:shocker:

and of course she's destined for bigger and better than me that's for sure...but hey...like Moyesey I can dream...
1895Hammer

Post by 1895Hammer »

Try the ones without make up Cuenca, not quite what it was….
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

come on man, you STILL would..

(or at least I would...)
Sarfas
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 9 likes

Post by Sarfas »

I really enjoyed their "exclusive pics" of Noble's farewell at Brighton away. Two grainy pictures of him warming up and clapping the support at full time.
mushy
Has liked: 640 likes
Total likes: 840 likes

Post by mushy »

:crestnew:
The board continue to undermine the manager through their vulgar mouthpieces. A typical distraction technique designed to take the pressure off them.
Judging by this thread it's working.