The Summer Transfer Thread 2022.

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6811 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Re: The Summer Transfer Thread 2022.

Post by Colours never run »

DusseldorfHammer wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 10:50 am Ward-Prowse is on 100k p/w with 4 years left on his contract. So we would have to give a player who's turning 28 in November a 5-year deal at around 120k including a fee of 50 million?

Worth it?
For him as Nobles permanent long term replacement in the middle for £50m and £120,00 a week in todays market? Yes.
Mayday
Has liked: 134 likes
Total likes: 282 likes

Post by Mayday »

Current JWP is a better player than Noble was even at his peak.
For those being negative about JWP, you really haven't watched him or understand the current role he plays for Southampton. Stick him further forward with Rice and Soucek behind and you would have a monster of a creative playmaker. Exactly what we need.
Last edited by Mayday on Wed May 25, 2022 11:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
Turns to Stone
Has liked: 229 likes
Total likes: 1453 likes

Post by Turns to Stone »

Ward-Prowse at the top of his value just does not seem like a Moyes signing.

This is a guy who is umming and ahhing over whether to bring Lingard in on a free transfer. I simply cannot see Moyes sanctioning what it would take to remove Ward-Prowse from Southampton. I believe that Ward-Prowse is probably agitating a little bit, and his people are doing what they did last year with Villa. Right now we are short at left-back, at centre-back, up-front, and (judging by the fact that Moyes can't decide who is best out of Benrahma and Lanzini) off the striker. Spending £65m on a central midfielder just doesn't add up to me in any way at all.
YorksHammer
Has liked: 381 likes
Total likes: 1410 likes

Post by YorksHammer »

Aceface wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 10:34 am Benrahma's 13 assists in all comps for us since joining:

Fulham
Villa (5)
Sheffield United
Burnley
West Brom
Doncaster
Newcastle
Leicester
Palace

Tells us two things – as a creator he's the ultimate flat-track bully and hits the wall when trying to damage any defence above lower midtable. And that you should captain him in Fantasy Football whenever we play Villa.
Is he a flat track bully, or does he have more time on the ball against deep(er) defences so more of a chance to create? And is his poor(er) record against higher quality defences because they also have higher quality attackers and he's asked to do more defensive work in support of our weak(er) left sided defenders?

Just wondering, I don't have the answers!
hammerman11
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 744 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

we have a first 11 and then the rest of the squad. our first team is a match for anyone but the subs bench is so poor. the likes of masuaka fredericks noble kral yarmolenko and even lanzini simply dont offer enough and the drop in quality is too much . brownhill taking kral`s place is a step up. dennis taking yarmolenko`s place is a step up.
benrahma is a good sub to have as he would start some games and is not far off first team quality .

we need to get on the basey deal now before villa sign him up. looks a great player and just what we need. aguerd and basey for 40m sorts our left side of defence out. also improves our midfield who dont have to cover for cresswell !
holzek looks to be off so we have missed him. just wack down 50m for abraham !
Aceface
Has liked: 358 likes
Total likes: 1446 likes

Post by Aceface »

YorksHammer wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 11:02 am Is he a flat track bully, or does he have more time on the ball against deep(er) defences so more of a chance to create? And is his poor(er) record against higher quality defences because they also have higher quality attackers and he's asked to do more defensive work in support of our weak(er) left sided defenders?
Those things are what makes a flat-track bully?

If you can perform your attacking duties equally well with less time on the ball you wouldn't be one.
I am Legend
Has liked: 1550 likes
Total likes: 1622 likes

Post by I am Legend »

Balon D'awson, if rumoured to want back home up north, then I wish him well. It won't be because some team is pinching him off us.

I love Daws the Horse, he's thrown his body on the line for us every time he's been asked to. If he really needs to go back north then I'd sell him to where ever he wants to go (as long as they pay the fee we want). I'd be gutted to lose him, but he's earnt it imo. And we all know we'll be signing new CBs this window and next summer anyway.

JWP would cost most our budget. He is Saints Rice, don't want to sell, don't need to. It will cost f*** off money. If Moyes thinks he is the piece to the puzzle then fine, but we could buy world class players for that fee abroad.

Bassey, could just be lazy journalism due to Gerrard link. They signed Digne and they love their Mings and Konsa cb's. Hopefully it's not true as I think he'd be perfect to take Ogbonna's spot, if he wants to go back to Italy that is, or won't be the same again.
Aceface
Has liked: 358 likes
Total likes: 1446 likes

Post by Aceface »

He was good last season but Konsa has mostly been dreadful this season. I can easily believe they'd like to demote him.
Last edited by Aceface on Wed May 25, 2022 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
hammerman11
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 744 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

trouble is we have failed to beat a few teams lower down . brentford did the double over us. southampton beat us, man utd beat us twice somehow failure to beat leeds at home. we need to beat the poor teams and still compete against the sky 6
a few wins against the lesser teams would have gt us EL at least !

lack of a decent squad killed us
BobbyMooreLower
Has liked: 21 likes
Total likes: 299 likes

Post by BobbyMooreLower »

NWhammer wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 10:58 am Liverpool signed Jota, everybody was questioning why they signed a player who wasn’t better than what they currently had. He’s scored vital goals throughout the season.

If we’d had Dennis for the second half of this season, I’m confident we’d have finished in the top 6.
I'm not sure of that. He scored 2 goals in his last 17 appearances for Watford. 0 goals in 18 apps last season.

Apart from a purple patch in November/December this season their is nothing to suggest in his whole career that he would improve us much.

Like I said previously id rather sign 4/5 players who will compete for our starting 11, rather than someone who can take up Kral's place on the bench just because hes better than him, which isn't hard btw as Kral looked like a Fan who had won a competition to play for west ham
HammerPDC
Has liked: 16 likes
Total likes: 1084 likes

Post by HammerPDC »

Aceface wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 11:07 am He was good last season but Konsa has mostly been dreadful this season. I can easily believe they'd like to demote him.
On a cool 72k a week at Villa, as we stand only Fornals, Bowen and Zouma on more at West Ham
il_martello_di_genovesi
Has liked: 676 likes
Total likes: 1969 likes

Post by il_martello_di_genovesi »

NWhammer wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 10:58 am Liverpool signed Jota, everybody was questioning why they signed a player who wasn’t better than what they currently had. He’s scored vital goals throughout the season.

If we’d had Dennis for the second half of this season, I’m confident we’d have finished in the top 6.
When was everybody questioning Jota? He was a very good player in a good Wolves team. A Wolves team that had been in Europe and challenging at the right end of table. He scored 16 goals the season before moving there. As I said, there’s this feeling that we have to fill up our bench. Our bench was full this season. With Kral, Masuaku and others that people weren’t keen on us playing. People will not be excited with Brownhill and Dennis, while being told we will listen to offers for Soucek and Benrahma.
Burnley Hammer
Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham
Has liked: 232 likes
Total likes: 2563 likes

Post by Burnley Hammer »

Some Ward-Prowse stats.... just because I like stats

Cresswell has the same amount of Premier League assists this season from free-kicks as Ward-Prowse.

But... Ward-Prowse has 3 times more key-passes from free-kicks than Cresswell.

Ward-Prowse scores roughly 14% of the direct free-kicks he attempts.

Bowen has only 1 key pass and 0 assists from free-kicks in the Premier League this season.

Ward-Prowse averages 2 key passes per game this season. This is significantly better than anyone else in our squad with our best being Antonio and Fornals on 1.3 key passes per game.

* the above stats are based on league games only.
Denzil
Has liked: 344 likes
Total likes: 488 likes

Post by Denzil »

HammerPDC wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 11:13 am On a cool 72k a week at Villa, as we stand only Fornals, Bowen and Zouma on more at West Ham
Their wage bill is insane. Kamara reportedly on £150,000 p/w with Coutinho on even more. Gerrard apparently ready to offer Suarez £150,000 p/w too.

That could all go horribly wrong for them.
1895Hammer
Has liked: 1332 likes
Total likes: 751 likes

Post by 1895Hammer »

Denzil wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 11:22 am Their wage bill is insane. Kamara reportedly on £150,000 p/w with Coutinho on even more. Gerrard apparently ready to offer Suarez £150,000 p/w too.

That could all go horribly wrong for them.
Hopefully…..
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 744 likes
Total likes: 3444 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

chigwellhammer
Has liked: 9 likes
Total likes: 27 likes

Post by chigwellhammer »

Lingard wants 100k a week and two million each year as a annual signing on fee/bonus hmmmm
ironilunga
Has liked: 378 likes
Total likes: 1193 likes

Post by ironilunga »

Aztec Hammer wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 10:39 amIf we then had Lingard, Fornals and Bowen dovetailing with them, we’d be a pretty sexy outfit.
There needs to be a very quick conversation with Jesse Lingard and a decision;

Moyes: Do you want to join West Ham United Jesse.
Lingard: Well, I’m still weighing up my options David so I’m still not sure.
Moyes: Don’t be dicking me around you wee gob *****, and don’t call me David. Yes or No you little prick tease?
Lingard: Erm, yes then….yes please…Gaffer.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6811 likes
Total likes: 2363 likes

Post by Colours never run »

chigwellhammer wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 11:34 am Lingard wants 100k a week and two million each year as a annual signing on fee/bonus hmmmm
That kid loves a Pound note.
Romfordboy
Has liked: 150 likes
Total likes: 288 likes

Post by Romfordboy »

That seem reasonable on a 3 year deal

Also these Watkins rumours and not going away… apparently Gerard fighting to keep him, I’m guessing seeing these new players rocking up on 150k a week is causes a little dressing room problem!
Last edited by Romfordboy on Wed May 25, 2022 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.