The Summer Transfer Thread 2022.

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Puncher12
Has liked: 51 likes
Total likes: 38 likes

Re: The Summer Transfer Thread 2022.

Post by Puncher12 »

Twitters having a mad one today, I still can't believe the amount of fans who think Soucek needs to go. I think people are high off the fumes of European football and are forgetting where we were a few years ago and how much he stabilised that midfield along with Rice since he signed.

People genuinely wanting to sell Soucek and cash in and buy Brownhill need their heads examined.
Wormley The 2nd
Has liked: 71 likes
Total likes: 40 likes

Post by Wormley The 2nd »

Hlozek > Leverkusen €13m
paulhs1
Has liked: 1736 likes
Total likes: 1483 likes

Post by paulhs1 »

Re Vlasic and Kral.

I'm now firmly of the opinion that they were both last minute Sulli deals and that Moyes reluctantly took them as we needed bodies at the last minute.

Sulli won't do that again in a hurry.
I am Legend
Has liked: 1550 likes
Total likes: 1622 likes

Post by I am Legend »

Bilic'sLimp wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 2:36 pm Rice is going to Chelsea. I've got that sinking feeling.
Why the hell would we sell our best academy player in a generation to our London rivals? I swear the media has worn you all down to accept such a bull**** transfer. Under no circumstances should we sell our best player let alone one in a generation talent to a rival. Lets hand them our wives while we're at it.

Unless Rice leaves on a free, I don't see him going there.

For now we have another season to match his ambitions. Hopefully Moyes manages to improve us.
Puncher12

Post by Puncher12 »

Wormley The 2nd wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 3:22 pm Hlozek > Leverkusen €13m
Baffled why we didn't go in for him, even moreso when I remembered his current chairman is also ours! No clue what happened there, would think maybe Moyes doesn't fancy him but can't see why not? Bargain.
Ironing Board
Has liked: 2082 likes
Total likes: 1791 likes

Post by Ironing Board »

paulhs1 wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 2:52 pm Does that make you the new Pezza/jinxed or are you just full of hot air?
I remember a lot of talk earlier in the season about Fabianski signing an extension, but no idea if it actually happened.
Puncher12

Post by Puncher12 »

I am Legend wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 3:28 pm Why the hell would we sell our best academy player in a generation to our London rivals? I swear the media has worn you all down to accept such a bull**** transfer. Under no circumstances should we sell our best player let alone one in a generation talent to a rival. Lets hand them our wives while we're at it.

Unless Rice leaves on a free, I don't see him going there.

For now we have another season to match his ambitions. Hopefully Moyes manages to improve us.

Because he's Chelsea youth, supports Chelsea and Chelsea have 120m to spend which is apparently what we'd sell him for. If he's gonna leave us for any club, it'd probabl be Chelsea he'd leave us for.
HammerPDC
Has liked: 16 likes
Total likes: 1084 likes

Post by HammerPDC »

Puncher12 wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 3:22 pm Twitters having a mad one today, I still can't believe the amount of fans who think Soucek needs to go. I think people are high off the fumes of European football and are forgetting where we were a few years ago and how much he stabilised that midfield along with Rice since he signed.

People genuinely wanting to sell Soucek and cash in and buy Brownhill need their heads examined.
I think with some truth serum not many actively want to see Soucek gone, but are open to him leaving when you take into consideration his desire for more money, his contract having 24 months left on it and his dip in form

The reason I suspect the club are willing to listen to offers is that they don't wish to commit a 100k+ a week contract across 4 - 5 years to a player that's dipped in form who has 2 years left on his contract so if we let this play out for another season he's worth considerable less than he is at this minute. I doubt they are actively shopping the player but I take it to be more saying if a strong offer comes in we will accept and move on

Personally I don't see that offer coming in and I'd imagine they will carry on negotiating a contract towards the beginning of next season
Ironing Board

Post by Ironing Board »

We can't really go wrong if we are choosing between Pope and Areola!
Aztec Hammer
Has liked: 866 likes
Total likes: 4270 likes

Post by Aztec Hammer »

Puncher12 wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 3:22 pm Twitters having a mad one today, I still can't believe the amount of fans who think Soucek needs to go. I think people are high off the fumes of European football and are forgetting where we were a few years ago and how much he stabilised that midfield along with Rice since he signed.

Has anyone said they want to replace Soucek with Brownhill?

And if it turns out to be true that Moyes is willing to let Soucek go, does that mean he is also high off the fumes of European football?
Benaloon
Has liked: 131 likes
Total likes: 415 likes

Post by Benaloon »

paulhs1 wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 3:26 pm Re Vlasic and Kral.

I'm now firmly of the opinion that they were both last minute Sulli deals and that Moyes reluctantly took them as we needed bodies at the last minute.

Didn't Moyes spend the whole of that summer scouting and talking up Kral? I understand wanting to give him the benefit of the doubt, but think he just got these wrong. Just like Hugill.
Aztec Hammer
Has liked: 866 likes
Total likes: 4270 likes

Post by Aztec Hammer »

Puncher12 wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 3:28 pm Baffled why we didn't go in for him, even moreso when I remembered his current chairman is also ours! No clue what happened there, would think maybe Moyes doesn't fancy him but can't see why not? Bargain.
It’s a good thing that Hlozek hasn’t just come here because of Kretinsky.

Maybe it’s a sign that Moyes and Newman are actually in charge of who plays for us.
Ironing Board

Post by Ironing Board »

Benaloon wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 3:33 pm Didn't Moyes spend the whole of that summer scouting and talking up Kral? I understand wanting to give him the benefit of the doubt, but think he just got these wrong. Just like Hugill.
Bit of an exaggeration. He said he was a young player to watch in a Euros column!
HammerPDC
Has liked: 16 likes
Total likes: 1084 likes

Post by HammerPDC »

Moyes may have gotten Vlasic, Kral, Hugill wrong, but his hit rate is far far far higher than any other West Ham manager in my lifetime that's for sure

We will sign players that miss in this window too, its part and parcel of the business
I am Legend

Post by I am Legend »

Puncher12 wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 3:29 pm Because he's Chelsea youth, supports Chelsea and Chelsea have 120m to spend which is apparently what we'd sell him for. If he's gonna leave us for any club, it'd probabl be Chelsea he'd leave us for.
He's been at West Ham as long as he was at Chelsea, has more connection to West Ham now than Chelsea. Himself and family are fully entwined in the club, especially with Noble and other people here.

In an interview a few months back, he said "if I wasn't a player and was just a fan, I'd support West Ham"

Plus if the owners sold our best player to Chelsea, I'd expect demonstrations at games. And if there wasn't, it was because the media has slowly grinded everyone down to just accept it. No club should EVER accept selling the best player in a generation to a rival.

Everton to Liverpool
Spurs to Arsenal and vice versa
Man Utd to Man City
Sunderland to Newcastle
Sheff Wed to Sheff Utd

Those clubs wouldn't accept it, neither should we. If he goes It will be to City, Liverpool, Real. And maybe Man Utd if they get their **** together one day.
MB
Cricket's Darren Anderton
Has liked: 5556 likes
Total likes: 3053 likes

Post by MB »

paulhs1 wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 3:26 pm Re Vlasic and Kral.

I don't think we can praise Moyes for the good signings and blame the bad on Sulli.

Moyes is in charge or at least has the final say on transfers so signing no one in January is down to him. Vlasic and Kral are down to him.

He isn't perfect, no manager is (especially in the transfer market) but we have to take a balanced approach to judging him and cannot use the board as a scapegoat (imo).
-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 837 likes
Total likes: 4952 likes

Post by -DL- »

Mitten wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 2:36 pm Sorry but I can't reveal, but I'm sure the news will be out there soon.
If you're coming on here posting supposed ITK stuff, then it would do you well to get in touch with one of the admin and moderation team to verify your credentials - otherwise your posts will start to be removed, as we take a dim view of people coming on here claiming to have info with no source cited to the admins - otherwise you get every wanna be ITK coming on here spouting b*llocks.
Ironing Board

Post by Ironing Board »

-DL- wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 3:53 pm otherwise you get every wanna be ITK coming on here spouting b*llocks.
I heard Moyes is lining up a move for Craig Gordon.....
Puncher12

Post by Puncher12 »

Aztec Hammer wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 3:32 pm Has anyone said they want to replace Soucek with Brownhill?

And if it turns out to be true that Moyes is willing to let Soucek go, does that mean he is also high off the fumes of European football?
Yes, hence the post lol? If you search both names on twitter, it's there

And I love Moyes but let's not pretend he doesn't do ANY wrong in the transfer market, Moyes also let Haller go didn't he? How's he got on since leaving us? I have faith with Moyes and his signings but he's also made some suspect signings aswell, Hugill for example aswell.

Everyone says have faith in Moyes, and I do, but I also had faith we'd have found a striker in the last 3 transfer windows.
I am Legend

Post by I am Legend »