The Summer Transfer Thread 2022.

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 834 likes
Total likes: 4918 likes

Re: The Summer Transfer Thread 2022.

Post by -DL- »

westlondonhammer wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 12:48 pm Thing's won't be equal

West Ham: How much do you want?
Bissouma's agent: 150k a week
West Ham: We'll give you 90k a week
Bisouma's agent: Ok, we'll let you know

Villa: What's the damage?
Bissouma's agent: West Ham are offering 200k a week
Villa: We'll give you 250k a week
Bissouma's agent: Thank you kindly Mr Gerrard
That's assuming that club chairmen don't speak to each other. It's a multi-million ££££ business, you think they won't know what's going on with other offers a player has and it's as simple as concocting a cock and bull story to get higher pay?
Burnley Hammer
Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham
Has liked: 236 likes
Total likes: 2575 likes

Post by Burnley Hammer »

EastleighHammer16 wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 12:48 pm

Just 8 players competing for the front 6 positions. Vlasic could also be off.
Dawson rumoured to want to go back north
Nobody knows how much this injury will have affected Ogbonna
We're rumoured to be open to selling Diop
Same as above for Masuaku
Same as above for Vlasic
... and Soucek
... oh yeah, and Benrahma too
YorksHammer
Has liked: 383 likes
Total likes: 1415 likes

Post by YorksHammer »

I am Legend wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 11:14 am Anyone who thinks Broja is **** either hasn't watched enough of him or is unable to spot talent. He'll be worth double his asking price in 2-3 years. He is only 20 and has the basics of a top forward. With game time, training and a good team he'll flourish and be off to a giant Euro team eventually. Most strikers are not that good at 20. He just needs a chance to show it more. Moyes will make him a beast.
But we don't want, or need, a striker that is 'not that good' right now. We need someone who's going to contribute more in the build up play than Broja does, who's going to score more of their chances than Broja does, and who will not cost an arm and a leg for potentially one day maybe becoming good. Broja is just not a good player. One game where he caused problems for our 3rd and 4th choice centre backs isn't enough.

Is 32 games for Southampton not a chance to show it more?
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2501 likes
Total likes: 4405 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

westlondonhammer wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 12:48 pm
Villa: What's the damage?
Bissouma's agent: West Ham are offering 200k a week
Villa: We'll give you 250k a week
Bissouma's agent: Thank you kindly Mr Gerrard
Sorry, who's on £250k a week at Villa?
Wilko1304
Location: "Once you start complicating things the end result is less inflatables"
Has liked: 1519 likes
Total likes: 3183 likes

Post by Wilko1304 »

Equally, you could argue we’re in our strongest ever position up front and have the space for a young, developing striker.

Antonio is fantastic and his goals, assists and chance creation are extraordinary. A young striker who can be an option off the bench and in rotation is ideal.

We’re in a position where we can take the risk of a striker who needs to develop.
westlondonhammer
Has liked: 1086 likes
Total likes: 1397 likes

Post by westlondonhammer »

-DL- wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 12:52 pm That's assuming that club chairmen don't speak to each other. It's a multi-million ££££ business, you think they won't know what's going on with other offers a player has and it's as simple as concocting a cock and bull story to get higher pay?
I was obviously being dramatic and sensationalist :wink:

However I fully believe Villa will pay significantly more than we will... it's what they did to get Ings last summer (120k a week), Kamara and Coutinho recently.

I don't think chairmans necessarily swap notes when competing for the same player though. It will completely take away some kind of competitive advantage.
e20too
Has liked: 666 likes
Total likes: 208 likes

Post by e20too »

EastleighHammer16 wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 12:34 pm That crossed hammer emoji could literally mean anything I highly doubt it’s anything to do with a transfer here.
His agent is David Cameron too.🤷🏽‍♂️
Peaches
Has liked: 91 likes
Total likes: 821 likes

Post by Peaches »

After today’s announcement of released players we have 18 senior players (not including Kral and Areola). Coventry would make that 19, and if we sign Areola that would be 20, but it is still a very small squad. That is before “listening to offers” for Soucek, Vlasic, Benrahma and needing desperately to upgrade left back. Bringing Aguerd increases quality but doesn’t really help numbers as we weren’t that weak at CB with Ogbonna coming back. Bissouma would be a coup, but not at the expense of Soucek.
Left back and centre forward are the most critical positions. There are options at both positions, and it seems like there are more striker options.
Man CIty are set at striker
Liverpool seem set
Chelsea almost have too many strikers
Tottenham look to be after Gabriel Jesus, and really can’t buy more than one strikers both financially as they have to spend 80m on Kulesevsky and Romero, and because they can’t have Kane, and 2 other strikers
Arsenal just extended Nketiah and are allegedly close to signing Morata. If so they will be set.
Man U need a striker or two, but if they do sign one they will be looking to move Martial and or Rashford.
We are the next most attractive premier league team, although Newcastle and Villa seem to be competing with us, although the latter have already spent a small fortune on Coutinho and Carlos and are looking at Suarez who we will not be in for.
Overseas, the French teams are sellers, in Spain Real may need a striker as they didn’t get Mbappe, but they still have Benzema and ViniciusJr and Barca will be sellers if they sign Lewandowski. In Germany, Dortmund and Leverkusen are set, and Bayern will need a striker if they sell Lewandowski.
In Italy, Juve may need a striker, but that will be because they are selling Keane and losing Dybala. The rest of the”big teams” are either all set or can’t afford to buy.
That actually leaves more strikers potentially available than buyers. Jonathan David, Mauro Icardi, Duvan Zapata and Moussa Dembele are definitely for sale. Cavani, Lacazette and Belotti are out of contract, On top of them, Isak, Nunez, Calvert-Lewin, Raphina, Richarlison, Nkunku, Rashford and Memphis Depay are available if not for sale. All of them would help if not improve us.
BigFatSam
Has liked: 209 likes
Total likes: 1093 likes

Post by BigFatSam »

HammerAl wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 12:43 pm All things equal then he joins us, but money talks and Villa seem to be splashing it around at the mo. They could probably offer £25-50k p/w more than we could.
People really overestimate the power of money in swaying players. Of course some players are motivated by it and of course sometimes some wages are too good to refuse. But I’d say more players are more interested in having a good career than purely chasing a pay cheque.
Aztec Hammer
Has liked: 867 likes
Total likes: 4277 likes

Post by Aztec Hammer »

YorksHammer wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 1:02 pm But we don't want, or need, a striker that is 'not that good' right now. We need someone who's going to contribute more in the build up play than Broja does, who's going to score more of their chances than Broja does, and who will not cost an arm and a leg for potentially one day maybe becoming good. Broja is just not a good player. One game where he caused problems for our 3rd and 4th choice centre backs isn't enough.

Is 32 games for Southampton not a chance to show it more?
He wrecked us twice to be honest, and was inches away from beating us in the third game.

He scored 9 times as a 20 year old loanee for them, he isn’t **** now. He fell off the last few months, but Southampton fans don’t exactly speak glowingly of their build up play behind him or their coaching methods.

I’d say he’s already good, and can be very, very good. That’s why teams like us, Napoli, and the two Milan clubs are said to be interested.
mumbles87
Has liked: 55 likes
Total likes: 948 likes

Post by mumbles87 »

BigFatSam wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 1:13 pm People really overestimate the power of money in swaying players. Of course some players are motivated by it and of course sometimes some wages are too good to refuse. But I’d say more players are more interested in having a good career than purely chasing a pay cheque.
Some underestimate the pull of London aswell

Zouma for example wanted to stay in London

Then we have European football to play

Got to a semi of a European event this season

All pulls to the club
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2501 likes
Total likes: 4405 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

westlondonhammer wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 1:05 pm However I fully believe Villa will pay significantly more than we will ...
For players who are on their last legs.....yes, they will.

Kamara however costs them £45.5m over five years. Kamara's "wages" look big because they include him pocketing the transfer fee. It's actually just the same as someone being paid £100k a week and there being a £17.5m transfer fee. Suddenly, it doesn't look so 'ambitious' when phrased that way.

Bissouma is not available on a free transfer and we are certainly willing to cough £60m over 5 years in fee plus wages - see Zouma.

Villa do the same crap every year. They are just like Everton and will go just the same way.
e20too
Has liked: 666 likes
Total likes: 208 likes

Post by e20too »

Lovejoy wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 12:46 pm No that’s what I meant, play them together this year if we did manage to get him but we know Rice is going at best next summer so signing Bissouma now would lessen the blow when that does happen, it’s be a bit of decent forward planning which we’re not really use to.
Was going to say when does forward planning come into play with this club over ‘leave everything to the last minute or shove a player into an unfamiliar role to compensate’. Not been helped that they have got away with the latter a few times and no doubt will presume it will always work, even if they are running out of options presently. There may be a road to Damascus moment hopefully but certainly didn’t happen last two windows that’s for sure.
il_martello_di_genovesi
Has liked: 688 likes
Total likes: 2035 likes

Post by il_martello_di_genovesi »

Yh I don’t mind the idea of Broja either, providing we aren’t spending a fortune on him (in regards to us being able to spend in other areas). If we could get him on loan with an option perfect, if not, there could probably be a deal to be had with Chelsea. I think with Broja, you could also get away with using him as and when. That doesn’t mean he’ll be on the bench all season, but Moyes obviously has Antonio as his number 1 and Broja, as a 20 year old, should be more than happy with being a ‘squad option’ to Antonio. He’ll still get plenty of action anyway.
Aztec Hammer
Has liked: 867 likes
Total likes: 4277 likes

Post by Aztec Hammer »

I also think we would not have a chance to sign Broja if he hadn’t suffered that poor spell of form.

Sometimes things work out favourably in certain ways.
DusseldorfHammer
Has liked: 3052 likes
Total likes: 2693 likes

Post by DusseldorfHammer »

mumbles87 wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 1:16 pm Some underestimate the pull of London aswell

Zouma for example wanted to stay in London

Then we have European football to play

Got to a semi of a European event this season

All pulls to the club
Spot on.

The panic mode in this thread more and more becomes pathetic.
unmartillo
Total likes: 78 likes

Post by unmartillo »

500 pages in and not even June yet. Could be a record guys. I believe in you :newthumb:
Turns to Stone
Has liked: 234 likes
Total likes: 1523 likes

Post by Turns to Stone »

unmartillo wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 1:24 pm 500 pages in and not even June yet. Could be a record guys. I believe in you :newthumb:
Aceface
Has liked: 377 likes
Total likes: 1472 likes

Post by Aceface »

bubbles1966 wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 12:43 pm They don't seem unduly concerned and think they already have the replacements - Mwepu and Caicedo.
Caicedo has had more than a few eye-catching displays. Seems self-assured for a 20 year old. £4.5m I think it was - they’ve done well there.

Can’t even beat Brighton at Sully Specials.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1995 likes
Total likes: 1671 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

due to the 6 hour time difference I've recently rolled out of bed, had my toast and coffee and read through about 9 pages of the transfer thread.

summing it up

Ollie Watkins is STILL crap

Broja ain't worth a lick

we might be buying Declan Rice, selling Soucek and have released a few players

Bissouma follows the 'ammers

and we're interested in buying Jermain Defoe.

'bout right ?