The Summer Transfer Thread 2022.

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Geoff Peters-Moore
Has liked: 27 likes
Total likes: 28 likes

Re: The Summer Transfer Thread 2022.

Post by Geoff Peters-Moore »

If you had the choice of buying Watkins at 20 or Broja at 20.....
[/quote]

Not sure 6 goal a season equates to "banging them in".
DublinDave
Has liked: 2722 likes
Total likes: 1754 likes

Post by DublinDave »

The paper/twitter/clickbait talk of Lingard wanting 180k a week is just rubbish imo...
If they said he wants a 12 mil signing bonus & 100k a week for a 3 year contract most of us would say that it sounds pretty fair for a lad of his ability & the fact he would go straight into the first team without having to do a year on the bench like others Moyes doesn't really want...
I've noticed with any free transfer signing to anyone, hacks use the possible, (probably made up), signing fee + the possible, (also probably made up), wages, divide the sum by the length of contract & there's your headline at cost per week...
They're not technically lying but they're also not telling the whole truth either...
Last edited by DublinDave on Fri May 27, 2022 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Burnley Hammer
Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham
Has liked: 232 likes
Total likes: 2570 likes

Post by Burnley Hammer »

Cuenca 'ammer wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 7:41 pm brilliant analysis (so far) of the team up to the defenders...and one I can actually understand !!!!!

part one

:scarfer: :scarfer: :scarfer:

https://www.kumb.com/article.php?id=44336
Confirms what I thought about poor passing and possession on the right (Coufal, Johnson, Dawson).
paulhs1
Has liked: 1736 likes
Total likes: 1483 likes

Post by paulhs1 »

Geoff Peters-Moore wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 9:12 pm If you had the choice of buying Watkins at 20 or Broja at 20.....
Not sure 6 goal a season equates to "banging them in".
[/quote]

And at the same age Harry Kane was out on loan at Norwich City and Leicester scoring zilch.

Broja's potential is clear to see.

He has pace, can run the channels, is a genuine target man who can hold the ball up, scores goals and can also defend. The guys a total menace for defenders and can only get better.

He is 100% perfect for the way we play and set up.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1905 likes
Total likes: 1614 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

and I DO understand there was a context due to the system employed but even so....

but at least it was in layman's terms pretty much that made snese when I was reading to it..

sort of when I used to talk to IT people..I always started of by saying "imagine you're talking to a 5 year old and the bits I can understand I'm good. expect me not to comprehend most of it though..."

:crylol:
Has liked: 4368 likes
Total likes: 1465 likes

Post by Sticky »

Morocco Mole wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 8:24 pm Yup that’s the absolute b*llocks mate. :newthumb:
Wet dream..
Wilko1304
Location: "Once you start complicating things the end result is less inflatables"
Has liked: 1487 likes
Total likes: 3083 likes

Post by Wilko1304 »

Finding it hard to be excited about Bissouma in May.

Got the whole window ahead of us, too much hope left to care about adding a reasonable defensive midfielder to the team, the one thing we have got absolutely locked down.

Get me in August and I'd be buzzing, but right now I just see a superfluous midfielder who can make us more pedestrian
Ironing Board
Has liked: 2082 likes
Total likes: 1791 likes

Post by Ironing Board »

Bissouma sounds like a scumbag. Especially considering the outcry over Zouma and his catslapping antics!
I am Legend
Has liked: 1550 likes
Total likes: 1622 likes

Post by I am Legend »

Apparently Everton have had bids rejected for Lewis-Potter.

Really hope we grab him for the LW. But Cornet links may mean we have other ideas. All rumours for now, we'll have to wait and see.
NedN
Has liked: 132 likes
Total likes: 586 likes

Post by NedN »

Ironing Board wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 10:48 pm Bissouma sounds like a scumbag. Especially considering the outcry over Zouma and his catslapping antics!
There’s gotta be a Scottish player or a player in the Scottish league or a player from Everton we can get instead right? :scarfer:

Tbf, our outcry over Zouma’s cat-punting was very short lived…we were ready to ship him out of the club, and then when every other defender got injured we were all shouting Zoouuuuu with every touch…
Billy Bonds boots
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 64 likes

Post by Billy Bonds boots »

Do we really want to go down the cavani route surely that's the old west ham way ( I shouid know I'm old ) we were always the grave yard for old players nicking a wage for doing little that's what he wouid be, use the money on someone that will give us value and years let's move forward not backwards :newthumb:
Benaloon
Has liked: 131 likes
Total likes: 415 likes

Post by Benaloon »

NedN wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 10:53 pm There’s gotta be a Scottish player or a player in the Scottish league or a player from Everton we can get instead right? :scarfer:

Tbf, our outcry over Zouma’s cat-punting was very short lived…we were ready to ship him out of the club, and then when every other defender got injured we were all shouting Zoouuuuu with every touch…
Not all of us
IronZ-79
Has liked: 130 likes
Total likes: 498 likes

Post by IronZ-79 »

Bisoumma would be a brilliant signing. He would actually improve the first 11 l.

Broja does have potential. Him and Antonio together up top would be interesting.

If we could get the both for a combined £50m plus Aguerd I think we are finally heading in the right direction. It's so important to improve the squad and group that we have. Would also help keeping the likes of Bowen and Rice if they see progress with better recruitment.
IronZ-79
Has liked: 130 likes
Total likes: 498 likes

Post by IronZ-79 »

Wilko1304 wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 10:33 pm Finding it hard to be excited about Bissouma in May.

Got the whole window ahead of us, too much hope left to care about adding a reasonable defensive midfielder to the team, the one thing we have got absolutely locked down.

Get me in August and I'd be buzzing, but right now I just see a superfluous midfielder who can make us more pedestrian
Bisoumma can actually play. Comfortable starting play and gets about the pitch. Excellent in tight situations with good energy. Having someone like him protecting the defence could allow us to open up a bit more when going forward.
NedN
Has liked: 132 likes
Total likes: 586 likes

Post by NedN »

Benaloon wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 10:57 pm Not all of us
Normally I’d send a DM apologizing but since others may feel the same way as you, just want to say my apologies and you are 100% correct - I should not have been so general, was just trying to express the idea that many seem quick to forgive, or, if not to forgive, at least to overlook

Back to transfers…
Last edited by NedN on Fri May 27, 2022 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Peaches
Has liked: 90 likes
Total likes: 793 likes

Post by Peaches »

Apparently it is going to be a ridiculous busy transfer market this summer. Arsenal are allegedly signing Serge Gnabry and Morata. Villa are signing Diego Carlos, Coutinho, Kamara and Suarez on obscene wages. Tottenham are signing Peresic, City have signed Haaland and Alvarez. Man U need a full squad, and we need at least half a dozen players.
On the other side, Burnley, Everton, Southampton, half the French league and half the Italian league need to sell players.
Wilko1304
Location: "Once you start complicating things the end result is less inflatables"
Has liked: 1487 likes
Total likes: 3083 likes

Post by Wilko1304 »

No need to be so polite, but Benaloon beat me to it :grin:

I'm confident we'll sign Aguerd and Lingard. I think we'll end up with 5/6
Essexmaniac
Has liked: 124 likes
Total likes: 144 likes

Post by Essexmaniac »

:arry:
bubbles1966 wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 7:39 pm There's a poster over on the Brighton forum who reckons the crossed hammers thing has always been on Bissouma's Instagram account....but has been told third hand that he is likely to join us. :nonpl:
Has the gorilla next to the crossed hammers always been there too I wonder?
steveyrockstar
Has liked: 171 likes
Total likes: 757 likes

Post by steveyrockstar »

Johnny Byrne's Boots wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 7:52 pm Remember Giles Barnes? Was spoken of in the same terms as Gareth Bale when they were at Southampton. Sank without trace.
Giles Barnes! There's a name from the past that I'd completely forgotten about. A super promising kid from Derby if I recall. I was desperate for us to sign him and pissed off when it didn't happen. First time I think I've heard of him since. :crossed:
jastons
Has liked: 885 likes
Total likes: 837 likes

Post by jastons »

Bissouma would be a fantastic signing, and a real statement of intent given he is arguably Brightons best player and they only finished two places lower than us.