The Summer Transfer Thread 2022.

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Jabsco79
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 21 likes

Re: The Summer Transfer Thread 2022.

Post by Jabsco79 »

Abraham would be a fantastic signing with another years experience and proven performance in a different league behind him. Signing him and Pope would be real statements of intent.
Bubbles Fortuna
Has liked: 1981 likes
Total likes: 4715 likes

Post by Bubbles Fortuna »

Hamburger wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 4:13 am Slightly off topic but with Moyes reluctance to give academy players any minutes, even when we were desperate, do we assume that none are going to make it to the squad? Okoflex made the bench in the last few games, so he will probably get his chance pre-season. He's another left sided forward so I'm not sure we'd be interested in Cornet if he makes the grade. That will give us Benny, Fornals, Lanzini and possibly Lingard on the left/mid. On the right just Bowen?!?

Not looking good for Alese and Longelo, 22 this year, but may get friendly games and crappy cup matches?

Coventry has shone at MK so deserves a look or likely to be sold. Baptiste (19), Perkins (19) next year perhaps? Chesters (21) and Nevers (21) out for loan?

Any other thoughts?
My only thoughts are that the academy players are unfortunately not good enough.

Moyes had no problem playing Johnson, nor Rice in Moyes' first spell.
Bubbles Fortuna

Jabsco79 wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 7:26 am Abraham would be a fantastic signing with another years experience and proven performance in a different league behind him. Signing him and Pope would be real statements of intent.
I just see no reason for Abraham to leave Roma.

He's breaking records over there, they've just won a trophy, Europa League football next year.

Not to mention, he wasn't interested in us last Summer, what's changed?

That, and Chelsea have a buy back clause, if anyone goes in for him they'll activate the clause even if it is just to sell him on again.
MB
Cricket's Darren Anderton
Has liked: 5670 likes
Total likes: 3085 likes

Post by MB »

From the Daily Star so...
Erik ten Hag faces mounting transfer frustration as Manchester United fear they will be priced out of a summer move for Darwin Nunez.
If they are priced out then suggests the expected fee is way north of £50m
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 144 likes
Total likes: 2400 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

steveyrockstar wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 11:31 pm Giles Barnes! There's a name from the past that I'd completely forgotten about. A super promising kid from Derby if I recall. I was desperate for us to sign him and pissed off when it didn't happen. First time I think I've heard of him since. :crossed:
He is only 33 and was last employed by a team in India!

Career fell off a cliff after Derby although it seems he spent a fair few years in the MLS
Stulaw
Has liked: 16 likes
Total likes: 27 likes

Post by Stulaw »

Hamburger wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 4:13 am

Coventry has shone at MK so deserves a look or likely to be sold. Baptiste (19), Perkins (19) next year perhaps? Chesters (21) and Nevers (21) out for loan?

Any other thoughts?
Are you adding a year on to their ages because you're thinking of the end of next season? Most of their birthdays are more than 8 months away and Baptiste isn't 19 until November.

Then again, last year there were fans putting 34 as Ogbonna's age before the end of the season despite the fact that he wasn't even 33.
Benaloon
Has liked: 132 likes
Total likes: 417 likes

Post by Benaloon »

Bubbles Fortuna wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 7:31 am I just see no reason for Abraham to leave Roma.

He's breaking records over there, they've just won a trophy, Europa League football next year.

Not to mention, he wasn't interested in us last Summer, what's changed?

That, and Chelsea have a buy back clause, if anyone goes in for him they'll activate the clause even if it is just to sell him on again.
Yeah, zero chance he'd come here. Reportedly in love with living in Rome, thinks mourihno is the best coach he's ever had, just won a trophy with indications this is the start of a rebuilding project. He's also seemingly improved as a player but thought he was too good for us a year ago.

Don't get me wrong, he's great and I'd love to have him leading the line. I just think people (understandably as we're fans) overestimate the pull we have in the market.
Bubbles Fortuna

Stulaw wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 7:51 am Are you adding a year on to their ages because you're thinking of the end of next season? Most of their birthdays are more than 8 months away and Baptiste isn't 19 until November.

Then again, last year there were fans putting 34 as Ogbonna's age before the end of the season despite the fact that he wasn't even 33.
It's quite common on here that players ages change to fit narratives.

Digne was 30 when people thought he was too old, Ogbonna and Antonio often age up too.
StevePottsGoalsReel
Has liked: 3177 likes
Total likes: 2316 likes

Post by StevePottsGoalsReel »

Bubbles Fortuna wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 7:29 am My only thoughts are that the academy players are unfortunately not good enough.

Moyes had no problem playing Johnson, nor Rice in Moyes' first spell.
They seem to rate Perkins, but the lad looks like he needs to put on about 5 stone before he has a chance of making it in the Premier League.

He only turned 18 a few months ago, so he has time.
Bubbles Fortuna

Benaloon wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 7:56 am Yeah, zero chance he'd come here. Reportedly in love with living in Rome, thinks mourihno is the best coach he's ever had, just won a trophy with indications this is the start of a rebuilding project. He's also seemingly improved as a player but thought he was too good for us a year ago.

Don't get me wrong, he's great and I'd love to have him leading the line. I just think people (understandably as we're fans) overestimate the pull we have in the market.
Yeah, it's a shame. If we want players of that quality we need to find them before their big move.

Unfortunately Abraham started at Chelsea, but players like Watkins worked up through the leagues, same with Bowen. If Bowen was at Aston Villa now we'd have no chance of signing him.
Bubbles Fortuna

StevePottsGoalsReel wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 7:57 am They seem to rate Perkins, but the lad looks like he needs to put on about 5 stone before he has a chance of making it in the Premier League.

He only turned 18 a few months ago, so he has time.
It does seem like Perkins is highly rated, not many 18 year old strikers playing often in the league, he needs time.
Liam
Has liked: 92 likes
Total likes: 213 likes

Post by Liam »

Re the Lingard supposed £180k per week. Would people have been happy paying £12m fee for him and 100k a week on a 3 year deal?

(It works out the same)
Turns to Stone
Has liked: 234 likes
Total likes: 1504 likes

Post by Turns to Stone »

From what I’ve seen, I would say that Baptiste is the best coming through.

If Vlasic is going to be used as sparingly as e was last season, I’d like to see Okoflex or Chesters given more minutes.
funky chicken
Has liked: 322 likes
Total likes: 1228 likes

Post by funky chicken »

Liam wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 8:08 am Re the Lingard supposed £180k per week. Would people have been happy paying £12m fee for him and 100k a week on a 3 year deal?

(It works out the same)
Depends how expensive the watch was! :D
Burnley Hammer
Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham
Has liked: 236 likes
Total likes: 2569 likes

Post by Burnley Hammer »

According to Ex, Moyes very much likes McGinn - which I can believe as he was a player Moyes wanted during his first spell here.
Wormley The 2nd
Has liked: 71 likes
Total likes: 40 likes

Post by Wormley The 2nd »

MB wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 7:46 am From the Daily Star so...

If they are priced out then suggests the expected fee is way north of £50m
Read yesterday that Benfica want £100m for him.
ironilunga
Has liked: 382 likes
Total likes: 1202 likes

Post by ironilunga »

Turns to Stone wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 8:08 amI’d like to see Okoflex or Chesters given more minutes.
The issue we have is that we are competing for a top 6 spot in the most competitive and strongest league in world football. I think opportunities will be few and far between for academy players unless they are standout players. Such players normally make themselves known don’t they? I just don’t see the point in putting players in for the sake of it unless they have shown something that indicates readiness. If there is no stand out player ready to feature for the first team then loan them out.
Lovejoy
Has liked: 969 likes
Total likes: 970 likes

Post by Lovejoy »

I can believe he likes McGinn but again just another unattainable player linked.
El brooko79
Has liked: 3015 likes
Total likes: 1990 likes

Post by El brooko79 »

Liam wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 8:08 am Re the Lingard supposed £180k per week. Would people have been happy paying £12m fee for him and 100k a week on a 3 year deal?

(It works out the same)
£80k more than Bowen.
£100k more than Fornals.

Unless he fits into the wage structure no thanks.
If he wants £180k he is believing his own hype.

If he wants to join great, but be reasonable. Not fussed either way now.
funky chicken
Has liked: 322 likes
Total likes: 1228 likes

Post by funky chicken »

Burnley Hammer wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 8:48 am According to Ex, Moyes very much likes McGinn - which I can believe as he was a player Moyes wanted during his first spell here.
If we didn’t let Moyes go the last time he managed us McGinn may well have already been a West Ham player. As we was supposedly watching him when he played for Hibs.

https://amp.sportsmole.co.uk/football/w ... 19067.html