Coronavirus

KUMB's 24-hour rolling news channel. The Forum in which to discuss non sport-related news and current affairs, including politics.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

smuts
Has liked: 1499 likes
Total likes: 1440 likes

Re: Coronavirus

Post by smuts »

My missus and eldest are rough again...and they only got over covid along with rest of us early April.

She says she feels like she has Covid all over again.
EvilC
Location: In the street as the cold wind blows, in the ghetto...
Has liked: 2627 likes
Total likes: 1178 likes

Post by EvilC »

smuts wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 3:53 pm My missus and eldest are rough again...and they only got over covid along with rest of us early April.

My youngest had two bouts of it about eight weeks apart.

Good luck to both of them.
Billy Hunt
Has liked: 469 likes
Total likes: 353 likes

Post by Billy Hunt »

Georgee Paris wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 10:16 pm Still got a cough and a sore throat every evening - sinuses seem to have cleared - this is the strangest bug I’ve ever had and certainly the longest lasting I’ve ever had. If this is long covid it’s a massive ****.
I don't tend to wander into NUMB very often, but this has caught my attention - very similar situation to in my house. Are you over it ?

I picked up Covid late march, had a few rough days but have had worst colds... then spent a week or so testing negative, feeling fine then had zero energy.

Now for the past 3 weeks or so I've followed the same path as you seem to have.

In all my years I've never cleared as much phlegm of a morning than I was doing a couple of weeks back... dry cough, sore throat (hardly ever get them, no tonsils), sinuses, voice like Barry White, sore eyes ... then just when you think it's all but gone the tickly cough reappears to a lesser degree at night, with a bit of a sore throat to follow. My wife is a week behind me with it all. Covid tests all negative

Can categorically say I have never had anything like this
djclipz
Has liked: 36 likes
Total likes: 43 likes

Post by djclipz »

Billy Hunt wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 4:31 pm

In all my years I've never cleared as much phlegm of a morning than I was doing a couple of weeks back... dry cough, sore throat (hardly ever get them, no tonsils), sinuses, voice like Barry White, sore eyes ... then just when you think it's all but gone the tickly cough reappears to a lesser degree at night, with a bit of a sore throat to follow. My wife is a week behind me with it all. Covid tests all negative

Been there a bit too a few weeks back now. Not quite as bad as what you are describing, but it was worse than covid when I last had that at xmas. Clogged up to the heavens, coughing etc etc. Horrible stuff.
MB
Cricket's Darren Anderton
Has liked: 5556 likes
Total likes: 3053 likes

Post by MB »

smuts wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 3:53 pm My missus and eldest are rough again...and they only got over covid along with rest of us early April.

Sorry to hear that mate. Hope they bounce back soon.

I know quite a few people who ended up catching it twice within a short space of time with this variant.
smuts
Has liked: 1499 likes
Total likes: 1440 likes

Post by smuts »

MB wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 9:51 am Sorry to hear that mate. Hope they bounce back soon.

I know quite a few people who ended up catching it twice within a short space of time with this variant.
They're a lot better today cheers.

My elderly mother in law caught Covid a few weeks ago and batted it off no problem. Said the worst thing was not going out to not pass it on to others in her block and started feeling stiff by not getting her exercise bless her.
S-H
Has liked: 5739 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

From what I understand, that 4th booster jab received by the old and vulnerable, has made a huge difference to how severely they are effected, compared to those who have had 3 or less.
bonzosbeard
Has liked: 2115 likes
Total likes: 1336 likes

Post by bonzosbeard »

Will this turn into the monkeypox thread?

It would go into meltdown :lol:
Ben
Location: Overdue warning for being a twat on the rumours thread
Has liked: 22 likes
Total likes: 134 likes

Post by Ben »

Billy Hunt wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 4:31 pm I don't tend to wander into NUMB very often, but this has caught my attention - very similar situation to in my house. Are you over it ?

I picked up Covid late march, had a few rough days but have had worst colds... then spent a week or so testing negative, feeling fine then had zero energy.

I’ve exactly what you have described for
The last 3/4 weeks,
Weirdest cold I’ve had, thought it was gone the other day but been coughing constantly the last couple of days.
Testing negative through it and have not knowingly had covid previously
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2426 likes
Total likes: 2636 likes

Post by sendô »

bonzosbeard wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 2:00 pm Will this turn into the monkeypox thread?

Well apparently it doesn't spread well between humans and is mostly mild.

I'm not really sure why it's even news....
szola
Has liked: 586 likes
Total likes: 347 likes

Post by szola »

sendô wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 10:18 pmI'm not really sure why it's even news....
Monkey + Pox

The name sells itself
wolf359
Has liked: 1561 likes
Total likes: 1709 likes

Post by wolf359 »

sendô wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 10:18 pm Well apparently it doesn't spread well between humans and is mostly mild.
FORNOW......... (gotta keep the fear levels up, helps with compliance)
Jonah
Has liked: 637 likes
Total likes: 539 likes

Post by Jonah »

There's me trying to blame my weekend roughness on my post Seville trip hangover.........tested positive for the third time this morning.
Hummer_I_mean_Hammer
Has liked: 941 likes
Total likes: 479 likes

Post by Hummer_I_mean_Hammer »

What are the rules/requirements if you do test positive now?
Jonah
Has liked: 637 likes
Total likes: 539 likes

Post by Jonah »

Pretty much 'try and stay away from people' :

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavir ... hat-to-do/

This third bout is definitely weaker for me, but also very different. Saturday, I could hardly keep my eyes open and was in and out of really vivid delirious 10 minute sleeps for 24 hours, like mini nightmares waking me up each time.
Last edited by Jonah on Mon May 23, 2022 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Billy Hunt

Post by Billy Hunt »

Ben wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 9:02 pm I’ve exactly what you have described for
The last 3/4 weeks,
Weirdest cold I’ve had, thought it was gone the other day but been coughing constantly the last couple of days.
Testing negative through it and have not knowingly had covid previously
Mad isn't it...

I cough now if I laugh, that's about it for the past couple of days. Had a right old coughing fit when Antonio mis-controlled that simple ball on the touch line yesterday :lol:

Daren't say it's gone though, as whenever I do it reminds me it hasn't... I also got the duration wrong, it'll be 5 weeks this Wednesday/Thursday
Samba
Has liked: 2484 likes
Total likes: 895 likes

Post by Samba »

bonzosbeard wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 2:00 pm Will this turn into the monkeypox thread?

'Scientists Believe That They Have Managed To Trace 'Patient Zero' For The Monkeypox'.
Georgee Paris
Location: The Amazing Adventures of Wicked Willy & Fearless Steve
Has liked: 496 likes
Total likes: 1038 likes

Post by Georgee Paris »

Billy Hunt wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 4:36 pm Mad isn't it...
I got totally fed up and in the end thought I’d try and sweat it out - it goes against everything I’ve ever learnt about fitness training but it seemed to do the job. I’ve been better ever since. It was as if all the usual medication was making it worse or prolonging the illness. Flipping weird - but feel right as rain again now.
Billy Hunt

Post by Billy Hunt »

Georgee Paris wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 6:32 pm I got totally fed up and in the end thought I’d try and sweat it out - it goes against everything I’ve ever learnt about fitness training but it seemed to do the job. I’ve been better ever since. It was as if all the usual medication was making it worse or prolonging the illness. Flipping weird - but feel right as rain again now.
Good to hear :newthumb:
Plashet Grove Pete
Location: I'm riding down Kingsley, figurin' I'll get a drink ....
Has liked: 261 likes
Total likes: 460 likes

Two and a half years...

Post by Plashet Grove Pete »

Just posted on a different topic and saw that my post relegated the Covid thread to page 2. After 2 and a half years.

For 2 and a half years this dominated our lives and f*cked our economy. Good to see it looks like it's yesterday's news even if the country will suffer the consequences for decades to come.