The Summer Transfer Thread 2022.

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Aceface
Has liked: 377 likes
Total likes: 1472 likes

Re: The Summer Transfer Thread 2022.

Post by Aceface »

YorksHammer wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 7:52 am We went to watch Maehle at the Denmark game recently, didn't we? I wonder if that's who we have lined up next - it's a bit of an interesting choice given that he's a flexible LB/RB and right footed, but that could be beneficial in terms of cover.
Relatedly I was surprised we hadn’t been linked to Damsgaard again given his dead-ball ability and the desire for Ward-Prowse, but I hadn’t realised the injury he’d had this season was related to arthritis.

You’d have to assume that rules him out from ever joining an elite club. Unfortunate for him.
HammerAl
Total likes: 397 likes

Post by HammerAl »

Areola
Coufal Zouma Aguerd Wijndal
Soucek Rice
Bowen Fornals Ocampos
Antonio

Would be happy to see that as our starting XI, with the likes of Fabianski, Johnson, Dawson, Vlasic, Benrahma & Broja pushing to start.

Wouldn’t be a huge spend and wouldn’t disrupt the team too much.
El brooko79
Has liked: 3025 likes
Total likes: 1990 likes

Post by El brooko79 »

Oggy, Dawson, Fab, Randolph. Cress will all be gone after this season will contracts expiring.

I actually think that the players going out of contract this summer was ideal as surplus to requirements.

Those listed above can give us one more season as back up/rotation.

This Sumner and next is the ideal opportunity to freshen the squad without having to make room.

Whether we take advantage is another matter.
Last edited by El brooko79 on Sat Jun 18, 2022 8:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
hammers92
Has liked: 314 likes
Total likes: 1786 likes

Post by hammers92 »

HammerAl wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 8:50 am Areola
Soucek Rice
Bowen Fornals Ocampos
Antonio

Would be happy to see that as our starting XI, with the likes of Fabianski, Johnson, Dawson, Vlasic, Benrahma & Broja pushing to start.

Wouldn’t be a huge spend and wouldn’t disrupt the team too much.
Only two central midfielders in the line up and bench there. Needs urgently addressing alongside LB.
WestHamLyallStyle
Has liked: 1372 likes
Total likes: 988 likes

Post by WestHamLyallStyle »

I’d be disappointed to lose Sonny Perkins. Leeds interested. I was hoping he would sit tight and potentially get his chance.
El brooko79
Has liked: 3025 likes
Total likes: 1990 likes

Post by El brooko79 »

WestHamLyallStyle wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 8:55 am I’d be disappointed to lose Sonny Perkins. Leeds interested. I was hoping he would sit tight and potentially get his chance.
Hasn't it been said he won't be leaving this summer he has another year.
If we sold this summer I don't we would get much more than the tribunal next summer.
Might as well wait
pezza20
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 1071 likes

Post by pezza20 »

Peaches wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 9:23 pm It seems now we have Aguerd and Areola effectively sorted we are moving on to the next set of targets.
I agree in part.

My take on it is Moyes will only let 1 or 2 players go, selling more would leave the squad even weaker as we already have 6 players gone, and squad was only 15 in depth as of end of season, so I see Moyes signing 5 or 6 players to improve the squad but no more than that otherwise you have the issues of integration into a squad that had very high levels of togetherness, which can be upset by a bad apple coming in.

I think he will look at players who can also do 2 jobs, or give us the x factor which is why I think he will go back for En Nesrye given he wanted him last summer and now he is almost 40pct cheaper.
Last edited by Up the Junction on Sat Jun 18, 2022 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Large quote edited.
funky chicken
Has liked: 322 likes
Total likes: 1225 likes

Post by funky chicken »

YorksHammer wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 7:52 am We went to watch Maehle at the Denmark game recently, didn't we? I wonder if that's who we have lined up next - it's a bit of an interesting choice given that he's a flexible LB/RB and right footed, but that could be beneficial in terms of cover. Also gives us a bit more of wing back option on either side if we want to have three at the back as an option.
We’ve been linked with him before…..

https://tbrfootball.com/joakim-maehle-e ... quiry/?amp

The fact he’s been linked since 2020 and we allegedly went to watch Denmark play recently suggests he’s a player who Moyes still admires.

You’d imagine he wouldn’t cost too much in terms of fee and wages. But it would be a bit of a strange signing considering he’s not left footed. Maybe the plan short term is to stick with Maehle and Johnson as the left back options, alongside Cresswell?
ironilunga
Has liked: 382 likes
Total likes: 1201 likes

Post by ironilunga »

HammerAl wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 8:50 am Areola
Soucek Rice
Bowen Fornals Ocampos
Antonio
A little uninspiring for me. My perfect window would be a bit more spicey.

…………………….….Areola………………………

Coufal……….Zouma…..Aguerd…..Bassey

……………...Soucek………….Rice…………….

Bowen………………Lingard………..…….Bale

………………………..En..Nesyri…………………

Subs: Antonio, Cresswell, Dawson, Fab, Fornals, Ogbonna, Lanzini, Johnson, Alex Ox-Chamb
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2501 likes
Total likes: 4405 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

Spurs are selling Bergwijn to Ajax (£20m)
Lovejoy
Has liked: 969 likes
Total likes: 972 likes

Post by Lovejoy »

ironilunga wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 9:22 am A little uninspiring for me. My perfect window would be a bit more spicey.

…………………….….Areola………………………

Coufal……….Zouma…..Aguerd…..Bassey

……………...Soucek………….Rice…………….

Bowen………………Lingard………..…….Bale

………………………..En..Nesyri…………………

Subs: Antonio, Cresswell, Dawson, Fab, Fornals, Ogbonna, Lanzini, Johnson, Alex Ox-Chamb
Bale? Christ was expecting to see his name mentioned on the transfer thread.
steveyrockstar
Has liked: 171 likes
Total likes: 782 likes

Post by steveyrockstar »

Cuenca 'ammer wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 2:53 am I know what you mean about Lanzini and Moyes playing him, but I often wondered if it was a case of "well I don't trust anyone else there" because there were times when the game passed him by and he contributed not much at all.

and his contract expires next summer and I know Moyes is pretty loyal to a fault and would probably let him see out his contract and move for free but he might garner 3/5M towards a left back. and if we got in say a Lingard, that's loads of CM's for one position if Vlasic stays and we got a new LW. to be fair Moyes has more "invested financially" in Vlasic than Lanzini.
I just don't think we can make so many changes in a single window, both ins and outs. Losing reliable first-team players like Lanzini in a window where we have so much other transition going on, strikes me as madness.

But on top of that, I actually think Lanzini had a very good season last year. A very pleasant surprise how he worked himself back into being a starter.
ironilunga
Has liked: 382 likes
Total likes: 1201 likes

Post by ironilunga »

Lovejoy wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 9:30 am Bale? Christ was expecting to see his name mentioned on the transfer thread.
Unquestionably a class player. 32 years old but little in the way of football these past few years.

Him on the left, Bowen on the right, Lingard in the middle and Antonio or En Nesyri up top is delicious.
steveyrockstar
Has liked: 171 likes
Total likes: 782 likes

Post by steveyrockstar »

Hamburger wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 7:53 am Vieira is 40m euros and I would say a key signing. Aguerd is 30m and I would hope we would have better in mind.
Oh right, now you put it like that... :chin:
Mullhull
Has liked: 328 likes
Total likes: 269 likes

Post by Mullhull »

Hamburger wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 7:53 am Vieira is 40m euros and I would say a key signing. Aguerd is 30m and I would hope we would have better in mind.
People like you are hilarious.

You have probably never heard of both of these players before the transfer window. Now one is more of a key signing than the other.

Aguerd is massively important for us as it allows Zouma onto the RCB role therefore making us stronger. Our issue last season wasn't scoring goals it was conceding, therefore this also makes Areola important. Fabianski is great but he's old and Areola a WC winning GK for £11m is a steal, he will be with us for many years.
Lovejoy
Has liked: 969 likes
Total likes: 972 likes

Post by Lovejoy »

ironilunga wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 9:42 am Unquestionably a class player. 32 years old but little in the way of football these past few years.

Him on the left, Bowen on the right, Lingard in the middle and Antonio or En Nesyri up top is delicious.
Not sure, no doubting his career, I wouldn’t want him. We don’t need to add more age to the squad. Younger would be the way to go for me.
Burnley Hammer
Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham
Has liked: 236 likes
Total likes: 2575 likes

Post by Burnley Hammer »

--------------------Areola

Coufal------Zouma----Aguerd------Wijndal

-------Rice------Soucek------Zinchenko

-------Bowen----Antonio-----Dennis
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 258 likes
Total likes: 1161 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

Burnley Hammer wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 9:50 am --------------------Areola

Coufal------Zouma----Aguerd------Wijndal

-------Rice------Soucek------Zinchenko

-------Bowen----Antonio-----Dennis
I've been thinking, Jack Wilshere. Wonder if he could still do a job for us. You know, sort of unfinished business. What about him ?
MB
Cricket's Darren Anderton
Has liked: 5678 likes
Total likes: 3096 likes

Post by MB »

Aceface wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 8:45 am Relatedly I was surprised we hadn’t been linked to Damsgaard again given his dead-ball ability and the desire for Ward-Prowse, but I hadn’t realised the injury he’d had this season was related to arthritis.

You’d have to assume that rules him out from ever joining an elite club. Unfortunate for him.
That’s a shame as he is a quality player. I knew he had the bad injury, but yes any sign of arthritis rules out a big money move.
ohsnap
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 7 likes

Post by ohsnap »

is it possible we might try offer Erikson a contract? I thought he might go back to spurs but who knows. Am sure I read somewhere he wanted to stay in London