Wales Vs Ukraine

All discussion relating to international tournaments including qualifying groups/matches. Since 2006.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Re: Wales Vs Ukraine

Post by Puff Daddy »

I am gutted for the entire nation of Ukraine. They did everything but score and feel they would contributed more to the finals than Wales will, who got away with one over that penalty call
ageing hammer
Has liked: 484 likes
Total likes: 1475 likes

Post by ageing hammer »

Delighted for Wales lovely people always enjoyed hols there and to echo the above post how anyone could begrudge them after 64 years is beyond me. Sad for Ukraine but they didn’t take their chances this time. Wales deserve to take part in a world cup and I am delighted for the fans.
vietnammer
Bucky the beaver
Has liked: 618 likes
Total likes: 578 likes

Post by vietnammer »

Only saw last 10 minutes but looking at highlights, Yarmo, the goalie had that free kick covered! Why o why? :cried:
Samba
Has liked: 2484 likes
Total likes: 895 likes

Post by Samba »

The Old Man of Storr wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 8:08 pm Wakes wil lws to Inglund but Iran and the Ewenighted Stotes will beat Inglund and Wakes will beat the Stotes and Iran resulting in the Wakes players jumping up and down on their Hotel bedz with glee . This will upset the peeple of Inglund but Wakes won't kare .

Wakes Foruvver . :scarfer:
I can't believe you did that to Ukraine.
#WalesWorseThanPutin
GentlemanJim
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by GentlemanJim »

Ukraine should have had a penalty and were the better side all evening. Totally undeserved Welsh victory. Gutted for the Ukrainians.
The Old Man of Storr
Has liked: 2640 likes
Total likes: 1746 likes

Post by The Old Man of Storr »

ageing hammer wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 8:41 pm Delighted for Wales lovely people always enjoyed hols there and to echo the above post how anyone could begrudge them after 64 years is beyond me. Sad for Ukraine but they didn’t take their chances this time. Wales deserve to take part in a world cup and I am delighted for the fans.

For the last time..... No , you're not getting that tenner back . :grin:
The Old Man of Storr

Samba wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 9:59 pm I can't believe you did that to Ukraine.
#WalesWorseThanPutin
Like Putin we grind out results showing no pity whatsoever .

First Europe .....now the World .

Yacky Da . :eyes:
The Old Man of Storr

vietnammer wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 7:00 pm Wales just shot Bambi
'' I just ate Bambi's liver with some fava beans and a nice Chianti . '' - Gareth Bale .
S-H
Has liked: 5738 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

ageing hammer wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 8:41 pm how anyone could begrudge them after 64 years
Easily.
Metal Hammer
Has liked: 1151 likes
Total likes: 899 likes

Post by Metal Hammer »

I feel the World Cup is devalued by letting these 3rd world minnows take part.
ageing hammer

Post by ageing hammer »

Metal Hammer wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 10:25 am I feel the World Cup is devalued by letting these 3rd world minnows take part.
You poor thing you must be just getting flashbacks from the minnows who embarrassed Englands superstars in the competition over the years. :lol:

Being a west Ham fan you should like to see underdogs get a chance now and again :muscle:
Metal Hammer
Has liked: 1151 likes
Total likes: 899 likes

Post by Metal Hammer »

ageing hammer wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 10:49 am
You poor thing you must be just getting flashbacks from the minnows who embarrassed Englands superstars in the competition over the years. :lol:

Being a west Ham fan you should like to see underdogs get a chance now and again :muscle:
Hmm, I was hoping to catch a fish from the Skye area but this old haddock will have to do ;)
ageing hammer

Post by ageing hammer »

Metal Hammer wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 10:54 am Hmm, I was hoping to catch a fish from the Skye area but this old haddock will have to do ;)
The internet is slow up there Tomos will reply by about Christmas so I am stepping I for him :lol:
Het-Field
Location: Its great to be Irish, but its a miracle to be a Dub
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 322 likes

Post by Het-Field »

Fair play to Wales.

It’s a strange one, in 2016/2017 Ireland and Wales were drawn in the same World Cup qualifying group and a weird toxicity sprung up between the two sets of fans. It wasn’t helped by the play off race going down to the wire and Welsh commentary oozing with arrogance about how much better they were in each department only to lose the game.

But even with that in mind, Page has achieved something special here.
btajim - mcfc
There when they were sh*t
Has liked: 72 likes
Total likes: 440 likes

Post by btajim - mcfc »

bonzosbeard wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 8:28 pm My experience with Welsh people over the years is a nation with a very generous and friendly nature and spirit. I have enjoyed spending time there quite often.

A smashing range of accents and songs and pride in themselves.

Not qualifying since 1958 doesn't show the times they came so close. How could anyone begrudge that? We all wanted Ukraine to go through too. But wasnt to be. James Collins and Danny Gabbidon this ones for you.

Good luck but not too much against England.
I was born in South Wales to a Welsh father. After my parents divorced, we moved away but my heart always remained down there. My mum’s from Manchester.

Wales are my international team and I got a very, very late ticket for the match. I was going from unpacking my shopping to calling a cab in 30 minutes on Saturday afternoon.

Incredible day. I thought I’d go to the after party at Popworld in Cardiff but I was drained. After pints in Canton, I drank in my hotel bar until closing.

Undecided about Qatar.
Jumby
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 35 likes

Post by Jumby »

Late to the party here but I was absolutely over the moon! I've waited my whole life for this and we've finally done it! I thought both sets of supporters were fantastic and the Wales players didn't do a Scotland and get all caught up in the moment, they stayed focused and got the job done. Loved the comments on the football phone in, Wales have just qualified for a World Cup and every other caller seemed to just want to talk about how none of the Wales players would get in the England team, like that matters, like that's relevant right now, classic bellendery right there.

Yma o hyd getting sung by Dafydd Iwan before and after the game and by fans during was very fitting. We're still here, that's what the songs about. Despite our oppression by a larger neighbour our language and our culture are still here. I think the Ukrainians can appreciate that.
btajim - mcfc
There when they were sh*t
Has liked: 72 likes
Total likes: 440 likes

Post by btajim - mcfc »

Where are you from? My Welsh lot are Pembrokeshire.