Glastonbury 2022

The all-encompassing home of media discussion - including music, film, and television.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

last.caress
Star Raid-er
Location: Eyes that shine, burnin' red. Dreams of you all through my head.
Has liked: 1228 likes
Total likes: 1648 likes

Re: Glastonbury 2022

Post by last.caress »

I always mean to check out Glasto every year and, every year, I forget. As usual, I didn't catch anywhere near as much as I would've liked. That said, Amyl and the Sniffers were fantastic as was Declan McKenna. Won't pretend I'd ever heard of either of them before but both seemed hugely popular and I'll be keeping an eye out for both in the future. Fontaines DC were bloody good too.
Big George
Has liked: 135 likes
Total likes: 274 likes

Post by Big George »

I saw Amyl and the Sniffers at Brixton at the start of the month, blew me away,

If you missed self esteem, check it out, a woman who has paid her dues in various bands bring all that exerience to a fantastic album/project.

Loved PSB.

Huge fan of Koffee too and she was very classy. I was a bit worried after watching her Radio 1 big weekend set but the nailed for the big one.
James P
Has liked: 28 likes
Total likes: 171 likes

Post by James P »

Think the coverage has been phenomenal.

Over the weekend I’ve watched full sets of Paul McCartney, Noel Gallagher, Blossoms, TLC, St Etienne, Avalanches, Sigrid and watching Pet Shop Boys now. Dipped in and out of a few others too. Worth the licence fee alone
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 1979 likes
Total likes: 1466 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

Pet shop Boys were my pick of the weekend, and I'm not even a particularly big fan of theirs.
S-H
Has liked: 5739 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

I though Wet Leg were good, different, weird, but they've got something about them.
Morocco Mole
Has liked: 3648 likes
Total likes: 2334 likes

Post by Morocco Mole »

Just watched Elbow. Always liked them and they always deliver. Is there a more festival friendly act? Good stuff.
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 744 likes
Total likes: 3444 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

Morocco Mole wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 7:31 pm Just watched Elbow. Always liked them and they always deliver. Is there a more festival friendly act? Good stuff.
I know they're a great band and Guy Garvey is a top fella because everyone tells me so, but they just don't do anything for me.

Which is odd really, because Elbow should be right up meine straße.

Perhaps this a new thread... Bands you accept are most excellent due to the wisdom of friends and peers but you just don't get...
Morocco Mole
Has liked: 3648 likes
Total likes: 2334 likes

Post by Morocco Mole »

I’m sort of the other way round. They’re a band I like that are outside my ususal sphere.

So there’s another idea for a thread…. :)
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 759 likes
Total likes: 2944 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

Fully half of the acts at this years Glasto I have never heard of which, I think, is both a good thing, and how it should be.

I'm pushing 60, and there are plenty of nostalgia acts top keep me happy, but do little to reviitalise the music scene.

I'm disappointed we have seen nothing from the Acoustic stage but in fairness the BBC have given significant airtime to the festival but they simply cannot screen it all.

Tonight I've enjoyed the Primal Scream set - a nostalgia act, but Bobby G wins the prize for the best dressed man at Glasto this year.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1903 likes
Total likes: 1613 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

the pink palermo wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:01 pm Fully half of the acts at this years Glasto I have never heard of which, I think, is both a good thing, and how it should be.

I'm pushing 60, and there are plenty of nostalgia acts top keep me happy, but do little to reviitalise the music scene.

I'm disappointed we have seen nothing from the Acoustic stage but in fairness the BBC have given significant airtime to the festival but they simply cannot screen it all.

Tonight I've enjoyed the Primal Scream set - a nostalgia act, but Bobby G wins the prize for the best dressed man at Glasto this year.
will see if I can get the Iplayer and watch some because due to the time difference it was hard to catch what I wanted to see without starting at breakfast !!!!!

:crylol:

bit like you, Pinky but I'm now pushing 74.

I might even be at about 75% of the bands appearing who I have never heard of. I do read the occasional music papers but I'm not really sure if they're a good guide to what's actually new, or even good, or what actually the writer likes. most probably the latter.

"that's gorilla with a "u."

courtesy of Jimmy Rabbite.

:crylol:
WCpete
Has liked: 1405 likes
Total likes: 3071 likes

Post by WCpete »

Just saw that Snarky Puppy played this year. Anyone see them play? I'm guessing they won't be most KUMBers cup of tea. Great musicians though.