NFL For Dummies

Want to talk sport? The Forum to discuss all sports not related to the beautiful game.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

bitter-iron-ny
Has liked: 198 likes
Total likes: 221 likes

Re: NFL For Dummies

Post by bitter-iron-ny »

Cockneyboy311 wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:04 pm A wholly unpleasant situation all round.
Watson or Snyder or both?
Cockneyboy311
Has liked: 541 likes
Total likes: 415 likes

Post by Cockneyboy311 »

Baker Mayfield to the Panthers?
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1904 likes
Total likes: 1612 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

Cockneyboy311 wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 1:59 pm Baker Mayfield to the Panthers?
be taking a real chance when it "looks like" Watson might be gone for the entire season.

at least it "appears" that's what the NFL wants.

still BM has said that both sides "have moved on."

also might mean we get a 3rd or 4th pick overall !!!!

:newthumb:
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

confirmed to the Panthers for a FIFTH round pick which could go to a 4th round depending...

currently the NFL decision isn't out...
bitter-iron-ny

Post by bitter-iron-ny »

Cuenca 'ammer wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 2:25 pm

also might mean we get a 3rd or 4th pick overall !!!!
Houston using Cleveland's pick? Odds are that's going to be first overall. Really, who is going to be worse?

And Cleveland's first game of the season? @ Carolina. Should be fun. Browns will start Jacoby Brissett and Mayfield will run his mouth before, during and after the game.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

Arizona Cardinals star Kyler Murray has agreed to a five-year extension worth $230.5 million, a source told ESPN's Adam Schefter, a deal that makes him one of the NFL's highest-paid quarterbacks.

The deal, which runs through the 2028 season, includes $160 million guaranteed for injury, the source told Schefter. Murray will make $105 million fully guaranteed upon signing the deal, according to the source.
WCpete
Has liked: 1404 likes
Total likes: 3070 likes

Post by WCpete »

For midsummer NFL boost, a little flashback to the 80's greatness I just saw on twitter. This man deserved to be on a winning team. It's a travesty that he got stuck in Detroit. Maybe the best back I've ever seen. Certainly in the conversation.

Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

not exactly as "smooth" but for sheer power...

was actually there that Monday night when Luv Ya Blue started.

unbelievable atmosphere. pretty sure it was Monday Night Football.

which, imvho, has never been bettered when it was Cosell, Dandy Don Meredith and Frank Gifford. I also remember watching live the night that Cosell announced John Lennon's death.

Yes, we have to say it. Remember this is just a football game, no matter who wins or loses. An unspeakable tragedy confirmed to us by ABC News in New York City: John Lennon, outside of his apartment building on the West Side of New York City—the most famous, perhaps, of all of The Beatles—shot twice in the back, rushed to Roosevelt Hospital, dead on arrival. Hard to go back to the game after that newsflash, which, in duty bound, we have to take.
bitter-iron-ny

Post by bitter-iron-ny »

2022-23 NFL WIN TOTALS BETTING ODDS
Alphabetical Order

Arizona Cardinals 9.5 (Last Season: 11)
Atlanta Falcons 4.5 (Last Season: 4)
Baltimore Ravens 9.5 (Last Season: 8)
Buffalo Bills 11.5 (Last Season: 11)
Carolina Panthers 5.5 (Last Season: 5)
Chicago Bears 6.5 (Last Season: 6)
Cincinnati Bengals 9.5 (Last Season: 10)
Dallas Cowboys 10.5 (Last Season: 12)
Denver Broncos 10.5 (Last Season: 7)
Detroit Lions 6.5 (Last Season: 3)
Green Bay Packers 11.5 (Last Season: 13)
Houston Texans 4.5 (Last Season: 4)
Indianapolis Colts 9.5 (Last Season: 9)
Jacksonville Jaguars 6.5 (Last Season: 3)
Kansas City Chiefs 10.5 (Last Season: 12)
Los Angeles Chargers 10.5 (Last Season: 9)
Los Angeles Rams 10.5 (Last Season: 12)
Las Vegas Raiders 8.5 (Last Season: 10)
Miami Dolphins 8.5 (Last Season: 9)
Minnesota Vikings 8.5 (Last Season: 8)
New England Patriots 8.5 (Last Season: 10)
New Orleans Saints 7.5 (Last Season: 9)
New York Giants 7.5 (Last Season: 4)
New York Jets 5.5 (Last Season: 4)
Philadelphia Eagles 8.5 (Last Season: 9)
Pittsburgh Steelers 7.5 (Last Season: 9)
San Francisco 49ers 9.5 (Last Season: 10)
Seattle Seahawks 5.5 (Last Season: 7)
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 11.5 (Last Season: 13)
Tennessee Titans 9.5 (Last Season: 12)
Washington Commanders 7.5 (Last Season: 7)
bitter-iron-ny

Post by bitter-iron-ny »

Cuenca 'ammer wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 11:25 pm

The Earl of Tyler. Just a devasting runner. Yes, it was MNF. I still have nightmares of Campbell just shedding Curtis Johnson as he broke free down the sideline.

The Luv Ya Blue era was entertaining but didn't last long. Got blatantly screwed on a bad call in the 79 AFC Championship Game, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVoWUH5 ... LThrowback had one more good season and then it all fell apart, with Campbell following Bum to the vortex New Orleans.

Of course, one of the most famous MNF moments also took place in Houston and was also memorialized by Meredith, who observed correctly that Oiler fans felt that they were #1 in the nation. :lol:

Last edited by bitter-iron-ny on Sat Jul 23, 2022 2:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
WCpete
Has liked: 1404 likes
Total likes: 3070 likes

Post by WCpete »

Cuenca 'ammer wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 11:25 pm not exactly as "smooth" but for sheer power...

which, imvho, has never been bettered when it was Cosell, Dandy Don Meredith and Frank Gifford. I also remember watching live the night that Cosell announced John Lennon's death.

Yes, we have to say it. Remember this is just a football game, no matter who wins or loses. An unspeakable tragedy confirmed to us by ABC News in New York City: John Lennon, outside of his apartment building on the West Side of New York City—the most famous, perhaps, of all of The Beatles—shot twice in the back, rushed to Roosevelt Hospital, dead on arrival. Hard to go back to the game after that newsflash, which, in duty bound, we have to take.
And he wore tear away jerseys at UT, which was pretty laughable. He could have worn shackles and devastated defenses in D1.
Cockneyboy311

Post by Cockneyboy311 »

WCpete wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 11:12 pm For midsummer NFL boost, a little flashback to the 80's greatness I just saw on twitter. This man deserved to be on a winning team. It's a travesty that he got stuck in Detroit. Maybe the best back I've ever seen. Certainly in the conversation.

Superb.
fjthegrey
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 1170 likes

Post by fjthegrey »

It has suddenly dawned on me why I found this sport so detestable until the last decade.

The turf in those videos looks so cheap and ****. It's like the old carpet at the OS before we made it claret. It looks absolutely awful.
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 137 likes
Total likes: 2356 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

WCpete wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 11:12 pm For midsummer NFL boost, a little flashback to the 80's greatness I just saw on twitter. This man deserved to be on a winning team. It's a travesty that he got stuck in Detroit. Maybe the best back I've ever seen. Certainly in the conversation.

I reckon Barry SAnders was NFLs best ever player relative to the shitness off his team throughout his entire career. Only five times in the play offs and only one play off win!
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

blog.com/2022-houston-texans-offseason/2022/7/24/23276443/houston-texans-rookie-wr-john-metchie-iii-leukemia-training-camp

Texans Rookie WR John Metchie III Diagnosed With Leukemia

The Houston Texans are slowly beginning to make their transition back to football with training camp this week, but one player in particular has his focus elsewhere.

The Texans released a statement from rookie wide receiver John Metchie III after he was diagnosed with leukemia.
Cockneyboy311

Post by Cockneyboy311 »

Cuenca 'ammer wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 7:58 pm blog.com/2022-houston-texans-offseason/2022/7/24/23276443/houston-texans-rookie-wr-john-metchie-iii-leukemia-training-camp

Texans Rookie WR John Metchie III Diagnosed With Leukemia

The Houston Texans are slowly beginning to make their transition back to football with training camp this week, but one player in particular has his focus elsewhere.

The Texans released a statement from rookie wide receiver John Metchie III after he was diagnosed with leukemia.
:(
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2022/ ... study-film

Kyler Murray will reportedly default $230m contract if he does not study film

Kyler Murray’s new contract extension reportedly contains a clause that requires the quarterback to study film for at least four hours a week during the season.

The news was first reported by NFL Network. A source who has seen the contract subsequently confirmed the story to ESPN.
bitter-iron-ny

Post by bitter-iron-ny »

Cuenca 'ammer wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 10:25 pm Kyler Murray will reportedly default $230m contract if he does not study film
Someone questioning the commitment of a QB with an Oklahoma education? I am shocked. No really.

As much as OU is an idiot factory, they're not alone. There's not been many bigger busts than JaMarcus Russell, who the Raiders took first overall. His commitment to the intellectual component of the game was also called into question, which led to the infamous DVD incident. As conveyed by Warren Sapp, the Raiders coaches would send Russell home with a DVD of the gameplan and other tips to work on. They started to suspect the homework was not being taken seriously, so one time they sent him home with a blank DVD. When asked what he thought of the material, Russell replied: "Looks good to me."

There was also some issues with his beverage of choice, "purple drank"

This is not to say that Kyler Murray is a bust of that caliber. He's not. Would take him over a lot of other starters in the league, but he's got a ways to go before he's elite. Would take the under with the Cards this year. The whole situation there seems very.....edgy.
fjthegrey
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 1170 likes

Post by fjthegrey »

That they feel they needed to put that clause in his contract should be deeply concerning.

A self fulfilling prophecy even.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

they may have graduated with much more intelligence at OU these dys but at least they don't use Uzis any more. I think.

https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm ... story.html

from that above article

“I think I was blessed with the cognitive skills to just go out there and just see it before it happens,” Murray told the Times. “I’m not one of those guys that’s going to sit there and kill myself watching film. I don’t sit there for 24 hours and break down this team and that team and watch every game because, in my head, I see so much.”