Trump

KUMB's 24-hour rolling news channel. The Forum in which to discuss non sport-related news and current affairs, including politics.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Morocco Mole
Has liked: 3677 likes
Total likes: 2383 likes

Re: Trump

Post by Morocco Mole »

20 million watched the first one.

For comparison, 4 million watched the 2015 Benghazi hearing.
TSmitty
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by TSmitty »

Morocco Mole wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 11:30 pm 20 million watched the first one.

For comparison, 4 million watched the 2015 Benghazi hearing.
Thank you
That's a pretty big number for the UK even if you include pay viewers
Ironing Board
Has liked: 2082 likes
Total likes: 1802 likes

Post by Ironing Board »

bubbles1966 wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 11:55 pm The USA is the case for a Monarchy.

No one in their right mind would have swapped the Queen for any American president.
I get your point, but the Queen doesn’t actually have the power to do anything. A more relevant comparison would be a Prime Minister with a President.
OFT
Has liked: 3189 likes
Total likes: 1831 likes

Post by OFT »

Ironing Board wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 5:01 am A more relevant comparison would be a Prime Minister with a President.
At risk of repetition, please gawd no, not in the UK , ever . I can't think of anything worse
Shabu
Has liked: 4188 likes
Total likes: 2048 likes

Post by Shabu »

Anyone following todays hearing?

It's proper f*cking mental. trump wanted to take magnetometers away from the entrance to his rally space near the White House in order to let armed supporters in on Jan. 6, 2021.

trump said words to the effect of, “I don’t effing care that they have weapons, they’re not here to hurt me, take the effing mags away. Let my people in, they can march to the Capitol from here. Let the people in. Take the effing mags away,” Hutchinson testified.

He wanted them to hang Pence.

No idea what happens next. The republican party has either got to discredit this witness or own up who was responsible.
WCpete
Has liked: 1465 likes
Total likes: 3153 likes

Post by WCpete »

He assaulted a Secret Service agent who refused to drive him go to the Capitol so he could lead his supporters during the riot.

Witnesses have been called before their depositions and told that trump knows they're loyal and knows that they will say the right thing. As long as they do they will be fine, and remain friend to trump.

Giuliani told Hutchinson giddily on the night of Jan 5th to 'just watch what happens at the Capitol tomorrow. It's going to be shocking and explosive.'

Contrary to GOP indignation on the matter, many "protestors" were armed with hand guns and AR-15's. Photos were shown of them in the crowd and tape of Security talking about their location was played at the hearing.

Maybe 3 or 4 years ago I posted on this thread that trump ran his businesses in NYC just like a mob boss would. People from NY knew him as essentially a white collar mobster and that he would run his presidency in the same way. And it's coming out now. He thinks he's John Gotti. I said it on the other thread. If he can't be indicted off of this evidence then let's just pack it in and call it a day on this American experiment. It's no surprise that he tried to run the country as he ran his businesses, but it is a surprise just how many Americans have been eager for him to do it.
Shabu

Post by Shabu »

WCpete wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:52 pm
Maybe 3 or 4 years ago I posted on this thread that trump ran his businesses in NYC just like a mob boss would. People from NY knew him as essentially a white collar mobster and that he would run his presidency in the same way. And it's coming out now. He thinks he's John Gotti. I said it on the other thread. If he can't be indicted off of this evidence then let's just pack it in and call it a day on this American experiment. It's no surprise that he tried to run the country as he ran his businesses, but it is a surprise just how many Americans have been eager for him to do it.
Apparently she received this text message last night.....

The committee showed on a large screen above the members a text message that read: "[A person] let me know your deposition tomorrow. He wants me to let you know that he's thinking about you. He knows you're loyal, and you're going to do the right thing when you go in for your deposition."
bonzosbeard
Has liked: 2175 likes
Total likes: 1378 likes

Post by bonzosbeard »

Had to have his hands taken off car steering well then grabbed secret service officer by the throat.
Shabu

Post by Shabu »

bonzosbeard wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:41 am Had to have his hands taken off car steering well then grabbed secret service officer by the throat.
The lady said "grabbed him by the clavicles" & I thought she meant b0ll0cks :lol:
Samba
Has liked: 2466 likes
Total likes: 893 likes

Post by Samba »

Shabu wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 1:06 am The lady said "grabbed him by the clavicles" & I thought she meant b0ll0cks :lol:
WCpete
Has liked: 1465 likes
Total likes: 3153 likes

Post by WCpete »

I know it’s MSNBC, but the testimony is the testimony. They were talking about these actions as being criminal before they went through with them. This is high treason ffs.

Daniel1895
Has liked: 40 likes
Total likes: 15 likes

Post by Daniel1895 »

Everybody called him an idiot, yet the judges he picked are leading the US back to the stone age, like he wanted and they will be doing it for a genreration.
Plus they already started to re-shape voting areas in some states to give whites an advantage again.
Stage is being set for him to get back.
Scary.
Shabu

Post by Shabu »

Daniel1895 wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 5:19 am Everybody called him an idiot, yet the judges he picked are leading the US back to the stone age, like he wanted and they will be doing it for a genreration.
Plus they already started to re-shape voting areas in some states to give whites an advantage again.
Stage is being set for him to get back.
Scary.
None of that was trumps doing.....

the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 799 likes
Total likes: 3015 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

WCpete wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 2:45 am I know it’s MSNBC, but the testimony is the testimony. They were talking about these actions as being criminal before they went through with them. This is high treason ffs.
Problem is Pete, too many people don't heed the warning signs until it's too late. The fascists are on the rise in the UK currently, new laws being introduced against "noisey" protests in certain areas , like, for example, outside Parliament.

I accidentally switched on the wrong news channel this morning and in the 30 seconds I had it on, the presenter was berating the guest in the studio to insist we have nuclear missiles trained on targets in russia. In his spare time the host presents quiz shows.
RichieRiv
Has liked: 305 likes
Total likes: 799 likes

Post by RichieRiv »

the pink palermo wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:15 am Problem is Pete, too many people don't heed the warning signs until it's too late. The fascists are on the rise in the UK currently, new laws being introduced against "noisey" protests in certain areas , like, for example, outside Parliament.

I accidentally switched on the wrong news channel this morning and in the 30 seconds I had it on, the presenter was berating the guest in the studio to insist we have nuclear missiles trained on targets in russia. In his spare time the host presents quiz shows.
And Ben Shepherd is such a nice bloke.

Although in fairness our Trident ICBMs are already targetted. The captain doesn't just get a map out and decide where to nuke.
Morocco Mole

Post by Morocco Mole »

WCpete wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:52 pm Maybe 3 or 4 years ago I posted on this thread that trump ran his businesses in NYC just like a mob boss would. People from NY knew him as essentially a white collar mobster and that he would run his presidency in the same way. And it's coming out now. He thinks he's John Gotti. I said it on the other thread. If he can't be indicted off of this evidence then let's just pack it in and call it a day on this American experiment. It's no surprise that he tried to run the country as he ran his businesses, but it is a surprise just how many Americans have been eager for him to do it.
Been Russian mob for the last 3 decades at least.
Morocco Mole

Post by Morocco Mole »

Many of those involved in putting the three originalist justices on the SCOTUS are arse deep in this.

These hearings are the start of the push back I mentioned on the other thread.
vietnammer
Bucky the beaver
Has liked: 642 likes
Total likes: 594 likes

Post by vietnammer »

Ironing Board wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 5:01 am I get your point, but the Queen doesn’t actually have the power to do anything.
Recent news articles (Grauniad for ex) claim to highlight her influence on UK laws. Haven't read yet tbh.

Have read! But if you look at the focus, 'they would say that, wouldn't they'. (also off-T for this thread sorry)
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/202 ... nment-memo
vietnammer
Bucky the beaver
Has liked: 642 likes
Total likes: 594 likes

Post by vietnammer »

Can't help thinking of the late Amsterhammer, would he be in further disgust or punching the air with victory that it is being laid bare what Donald Trump is and always was.
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2476 likes
Total likes: 2706 likes

Post by sendô »

I love how it's predominantly the Americans that like to yell the most about "freedoms" that tend to be the biggest supporters of the man who essentially tried to stage a coup undermining American democracy.