The Summer Transfer Thread 2022.

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

MB
Cricket's Darren Anderton
Has liked: 5556 likes
Total likes: 3049 likes

Re: The Summer Transfer Thread 2022.

Post by MB »

jastons wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 12:15 am If Lingard didn't want to make a permanent move to London then West Ham should have known that a year ago.
Probably did. He was menat to be available for loan in January until Greenwood got done, but all the stories at the time were about Newcastle.

We also don't know when this mythical offer went in. Lots of people have lots of space to fill and I'm learning to ignore it.
IronZ-79
Has liked: 130 likes
Total likes: 498 likes

Post by IronZ-79 »

There's still a long way to go in this window and decent players still available.

Dennis and Broja would both bring something to out attack and we've been strongly linked with both. Danjuma might be someone Moyes considers now that JLingz doesn't look likely.
bonzosbeard
Has liked: 2115 likes
Total likes: 1337 likes

Post by bonzosbeard »

Southminster Hammer wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 12:23 am West Ham haven't signed a player for what, 5 day's? And all of social media goes crazy because some other players have been linked, but nothing at all concrete ie medicals etc, and all of a sudden our manager is useless again, our owners are forcing player's on him he doesn't want etc, and also those linked haven't even signed for other teams. Hmmm, seems like summer madness West Ham style.
Released a few though in the last month.
ironilunga
Has liked: 378 likes
Total likes: 1193 likes

Post by ironilunga »

jastons wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 12:15 am If Lingard didn't want to make a permanent move to London then West Ham should have known that a year ago.
It’s fair comment.

A simple phone call to say he enjoyed the few months he had with us but sees his life up north.
Vic_Watson
Has liked: 167 likes
Total likes: 259 likes

Post by Vic_Watson »

bubbles1966 wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 11:56 pm Lingard is one of those signings you'd be okay with if it was free, but the minute you really have to start paying you really don't like the look of it.

Bit like the potato salad at a buffet.
Tell Soucek that.
bonzosbeard
Has liked: 2115 likes
Total likes: 1337 likes

Post by bonzosbeard »

Moyes was from Scotland but went where he was paid for his skills including Bristol City.

Probably a hard thing being young and away from family and friends but young Moyes grafted as a professional and put up with it.

He may expect players now to have that resilience. Some do. Some don't.

Moyes wants those I think.
hammersk
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 80 likes

Post by hammersk »

Lingard is signing.
Bryant4114
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Bryant4114 »

One more thought on Danjuma.

We should be WAY more suspicious at why Villarreal are so desperate to sell. They'd apparently already lined up the replacement in Umar Sadiq. It's a guy that had ONE good season at the top level who they're extremely happy to turn a profit on.

Anyway, I'm delighted if Lingard signs. After the flops of Kral and Vlasic, I'll absolutely pay a little extra in wages with no transfer fee to secure a guy that loved playing here and — most importantly — thrived in our system.
Bryant4114
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Bryant4114 »

Southminster Hammer wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 12:23 am West Ham haven't signed a player for what, 5 day's? And all of social media goes crazy because some other players have been linked, but nothing at all concrete ie medicals etc, and all of a sudden our manager is useless again, our owners are forcing player's on him he doesn't want etc, and also those linked haven't even signed for other teams. Hmmm, seems like summer madness West Ham style.
As great as digital has been for bringing fans together, the whole ITK culture is the absolute worst thing about it. Just a bunch of nobodies and attention seekers trying to trade off comically speculative information.

The fact the biggest "ITK" guy is someone who hasn't worked at the club in 10 years says it all. And people actually give him money for it
Hamburger
Has liked: 853 likes
Total likes: 432 likes

Post by Hamburger »

Who does Lingard think he is wanting to be our top earner? He was a sub for most of last season ffs. We were quite right to keep any offer within the wage structure and to do otherwise would have caused problems. It's also reported that he prefers to stay in the North with his 'bros'. Fair enough, let's see how he does this season for fat Frank.
Hamburger

Post by Hamburger »

I personally don't think we're going to see a great deal of transfer action in July, a couple maybe? It's bound to hot up in August when clubs start getting anxious and clearing the decks when a lot more will become available. I'm usually ranting about lack of activity but I'm kind of more optimistic about things happening this window. Although I do wish that when we do go for someone we get the job done quickly without the procrastination. Too many guzumpers with money around this season.
Hamburger

Post by Hamburger »

ironilunga wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 11:57 pm Jesse try’s on his gift from Frank.
Classy :lol:
Turns to Stone
Has liked: 229 likes
Total likes: 1453 likes

Post by Turns to Stone »

I think given what happened in January, it’s easy to understand why West Ham fans get nervous. The big thing for me is that Rice appears to be staying. One more year of him is worth far more than most. Having said that, if we do want to progress we have to get the next few signings right.

It be disappointed if we missed out on Lingard to be honest. I think he’s a huge upgrade and I’m not sure we have been linked with anyone else who matches his quality. (Tielemans aside) who I simply don’t see happening.

Also frustrating re Sonny Perkins. Always sad to see our best young players go and hope it isn’t one we end up regretting.
Crouchend_Hammer
Has liked: 137 likes
Total likes: 2357 likes

Post by Crouchend_Hammer »

I have no idea if Lingarr is signing or not but no football agent worth their salt would tell a club their playerbisnt interested until a deal was finally done
You want to keep as many clubs in the hunt as possible to get the best deal you can
If Newcastle/ Everton still think West Ham are an option then they will be prepared to offer more.

Also Lingard may only have made that decision to stay north (if that is the case) very recently after weighing up his options
S-H
Has liked: 5739 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

With Perkins gone, that's another striker down.

This club is allergic to them, it would seem.
hammerman11
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 745 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

So my list without lingard

Pellegrini 15m
Tielemans 30m
Broja 25m
Dennis 18m

Outs masuaku 5m vlasic 10m diop 20m

IF diop goes we will need snother CB unless moyes intends to add alese and baptiste to the squad

Zouma augerd Dawson ogbonna alese baptiste
Surrey Supporter
Has liked: 92 likes
Total likes: 14 likes

Post by Surrey Supporter »

With Richarlison gone and Lingard wanting to stay up north I can see him going to Everton.
ironilunga
Has liked: 378 likes
Total likes: 1193 likes

Post by ironilunga »

Turns to Stone wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 6:09 am I think given what happened in January, it’s easy to understand why West Ham fans get nervous.

It be disappointed if we missed out on Lingard to be honest. I think he’s a huge upgrade and I’m not sure we have been linked with anyone else who matches his quality. (Tielemans aside) who I simply don’t see happening.
Maybe we were all under the misapprehension that Lingard would relish a return to the club where for the briefest of times he was the form player in the premier league, got his England place back and was adored by fans.

I want Lingard to come to West Ham because he wants to and not because we pay the most. There has to be a point where someone places life contentment or ambition over cash. I mean, whichever club he chooses should set him up for 10 lifetimes!

If he chooses Everton because he wants to stay north fine, if he chooses another club because they are UCL then fine. What is not fine is his inability to declare this to West Ham sooner. I think that is disrespectful and shows lack of class.
Southminster Hammer
Has liked: 303 likes
Total likes: 109 likes

Post by Southminster Hammer »

Bryant4114 wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 1:44 am As great as digital has been for bringing fans together, the whole ITK culture is the absolute worst thing about it. Just a bunch of nobodies and attention seekers trying to trade off comically speculative information.

The fact the biggest "ITK" guy is someone who hasn't worked at the club in 10 years says it all. And people actually give him money for it
Very true mate, such a shame it isn't used in a more productive way, you can't have a different opinion on twitter without some throwing strops because of it. The constant tagging of him everytime a link appears does my head in as well. On topic, I reckon Lingard will sign this coming week for us, just my opinion.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

hammer1975 wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 11:28 pm I ain’t getting excited unless I hear the position ‘left back’ in the description of the player.

For all the talk about Danjuma, Lingard, KLP - the left back signing is far more likely to define whether next season is an incremental improvement on the last two.
What is stopping Moyes from signing Maehle ? He's one of the very best out there and he's available. Probably, Moyes himself. Dithering around again
Last edited by Puff Daddy on Sat Jul 02, 2022 7:13 am, edited 2 times in total.