The Summer Transfer Thread 2022.

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

ironilunga
Has liked: 382 likes
Total likes: 1202 likes

Re: The Summer Transfer Thread 2022.

Post by ironilunga »

Rio wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 2:35 pm No. Because we’re just asking people not to overreact at the slightest thing and act with a bit of decorum.
I don’t think abusive posts should be tolerated but I personally don’t have an issue with people overreacting if that is what they want to do. What harm is it doing? It certainly isn’t stopping people returning to the thread!! (Secretly I think most like the drama).

Shame if it was moderated to death and all became rather anodyne.
D C
Has liked: 1121 likes
Total likes: 1471 likes

Post by D C »

paulhs1 wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 2:36 pm City will get Cucerrella I think. Leaves us and the gooners fighting for any remaining left backs as all other clubs have shot their load, so to speak
I’m not sure Arsenal will be looking for anything more than back up as Tierney is arguably their best player. They’re being heavily linked with Zinchenko so maybe that will be their answer as a utility player that can play there
EastVillageHammer
Has liked: 3215 likes
Total likes: 2597 likes

Post by EastVillageHammer »

Why are we all coming to a transfers thread when no transfers are occurring?

Some want to vent. Some want to vent about those venting. Some want to create lists of players we will never sign, some want to talk about nonsense they’ve read on Twitter. And some come here for the occasionally decent puns.

It’s all a bit daft really. If you don’t like someone’s post, you don’t have to? Moaning about someone else’s post isn’t exactly adding value.
Last edited by EastVillageHammer on Sat Jul 02, 2022 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aztec Hammer
Has liked: 867 likes
Total likes: 4269 likes

Post by Aztec Hammer »

paulhs1 wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 2:36 pm City will get Cucerrella I think. Leaves us and the gooners fighting for any remaining left backs as all other clubs have shot their load, so to speak
David Raum would be amazing. A positive spin on us not getting Hickey could be that we have intentions of shopping a bit higher up. The question then becomes whether Raum is too high up.
paulhs1
Has liked: 1740 likes
Total likes: 1488 likes

Post by paulhs1 »

So a quick recap on the situation at hand:

Striker- (Broja) waiting for Chelsea
Attacking midfielder - (Lingard) Waiting for Jlingz
Left back - waiting to make our move
Midfield - probably going to wait until the end of the window - unless Ericksen accepts our offer.

So really it's only left back that we need to get busy on
MB
Cricket's Darren Anderton
Has liked: 5675 likes
Total likes: 3094 likes

Post by MB »

D C wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 2:47 pm I’m not sure Arsenal will be looking for anything more than back up as Tierney is arguably their best player. They’re being heavily linked with Zinchenko so maybe that will be their answer as a utility player that can play there
Tierney is broken and my mate described the lad they brought in last season as the worst fullback he has ever seen!
Georgee Paris
Location: The Amazing Adventures of Wicked Willy & Fearless Steve
Has liked: 495 likes
Total likes: 1041 likes

Post by Georgee Paris »

paulhs1 wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 2:49 pm So a quick recap on the situation at hand:

Striker- (Broja) waiting for Chelsea
Attacking midfielder - (Lingard) Waiting for Jlingz
Left back - waiting to make our move
Midfield - probably going to wait until the end of the window - unless Ericksen accepts our offer.

So really it's only left back that we need to get busy on
I hope we are also in the mix for Dennis and Sarr
Rio
Ronnie Biggs was here
Has liked: 163 likes
Total likes: 1105 likes

Post by Rio »

ironilunga wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 2:47 pm I don’t think abusive posts should be tolerated but I personally don’t have an issue with people overreacting if that is what they want to do. What harm is it doing? It certainly isn’t stopping people returning to the thread!! (Secretly I think most like the drama).

Shame if it was moderated to death and all became rather anodyne.
It makes it unreadable and quite frankly soul destroying
Ding
Has liked: 144 likes
Total likes: 511 likes

Post by Ding »

Aztec Hammer wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 2:48 pm David Raum would be amazing. A positive spin on us not getting Hickey could be that we have intentions of shopping a bit higher up. The question then becomes whether Raum is too high up.
We ain't gonna be able to compete with the big boys for him. But after the rich clubs have done their thing, and if Raum is still sitting in the shop window by some miracle, we'll get him. Till then, prep a back up just in case (Maehle) and then keep our powder dry.

You'll never know.
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 807 likes
Total likes: 3023 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

Not quite. Top teams in other leagues may also be shopping for the same position, and a player may take a view that a contract at a CL qualified club on a lower wage than the PL cold offer may be a better career move i.e stepping stone.
Wilko1304
Location: "Once you start complicating things the end result is less inflatables"
Has liked: 1514 likes
Total likes: 3174 likes

Post by Wilko1304 »

An unnamed, “lower-ranked” team is said to have bid for Depay. I suspect abroad, any team that isn’t one of the usual lot is a “lower-ranked” team.

Cannot see him passing a Moyes test. Can see him passing a Sullivan test.
MB

Post by MB »

Aztec Hammer wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 2:48 pm David Raum would be amazing. A positive spin on us not getting Hickey could be that we have intentions of shopping a bit higher up. The question then becomes whether Raum is too high up.
Didn't one of our German posters suggest his place in the National team would be at risk if he left Germany?

He is definitely the pick of the ones we've been linked with. The Danish lad is also quality, just think he is better on the right.
IronZ-79
Has liked: 130 likes
Total likes: 501 likes

Post by IronZ-79 »

Pezza mentioned a while back 2 players in the bag. Were they Aguerd and Areola? Or deals that had fallen through?
paulhs1
Has liked: 1740 likes
Total likes: 1488 likes

Post by paulhs1 »

the pink palermo wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 2:56 pm Not quite. Top teams in other leagues may also be shopping for the same position, and a player may take a view that a contract at a CL qualified club on a lower wage than the PL cold offer may be a better career move i.e stepping stone.
Yes although the point I'm making is that most clubs have done their left back business. Theres less clubs looking although I accept that some overseas clubs still are.
And I suspect that Bassey would likely only go to the premier league, which is good for us should he be the on Moyes shortlist!
Last edited by paulhs1 on Sat Jul 02, 2022 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aztec Hammer
Has liked: 867 likes
Total likes: 4269 likes

Post by Aztec Hammer »

MB wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 2:59 pm Didn't one of our German posters suggest his place in the National team would be at risk if he left Germany?

He is definitely the pick of the ones we've been linked with. The Danish lad is also quality, just think he is better on the right.
Getting in a Germany starter does seem a bit of a push but hey, we have Rice, Bowen and Zouma... it might not be impossible. Starting week in, week out for a strong West Ham side in the Prem should mean he continues to stand out. Perhaps not as much in Germany, but it doesn't seem like it should be a death knell to his international career if he comes to us and does well.

If Bayern or Dortmund aren't interested, maybe we have a chance. I would also be happy with Maehle and that one does feel more realistic. Just that caveat about his favourite side and being right footed predominantly that makes me a bit unsure.
Rio
Ronnie Biggs was here
Has liked: 163 likes
Total likes: 1105 likes

Post by Rio »

Aceface wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 3:01 pm A lot of talk about more proactive moderating in the last few pages and yet stevey posts something like this and is still, as I write, unbanned and free to roam the site.
Harmless, not slaughtering anybody, not over reacting unnecessarily and would have gone largely as a throwaway comment until you quoted :phew:
Bubbles Fortuna
Has liked: 1987 likes
Total likes: 4732 likes

Post by Bubbles Fortuna »

Cor what took Everton so long to wrap Tarkowski up? He was a free transfer. Surely they'd have known he wanted to join months ago, how disrespectful of him not to sign earlier, etc. Etc.
1895Hammer
Has liked: 1365 likes
Total likes: 765 likes

Post by 1895Hammer »

HammerAl wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 1:54 pm With Wijndal, Hickey & Malacia all off elsewhere, I’d love us to go all in for Raum.

Big, strong, quick, with an excellent left foot. Would be a top class signing and is a clear-as-day upgrade on Cresswell.
Oh please…. Best one out there by a mile, but can you see GSB coughing £25m for a full back, even the one who’d be the biggest single improvement we’d make this window ?
Georgee Paris
Location: The Amazing Adventures of Wicked Willy & Fearless Steve
Has liked: 495 likes
Total likes: 1041 likes

Post by Georgee Paris »

So have we fallen down the pecking order as a direct consequence of not strengthening in January and finishing a few places higher or is this just the natural order being re established?
MB

Post by MB »

Wilko1304 wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 2:59 pm An unnamed, “lower-ranked” team is said to have bid for Depay. I suspect abroad, any team that isn’t one of the usual lot is a “lower-ranked” team.

Cannot see him passing a Moyes test. Can see him passing a Sullivan test.
He is a quality player, but depends if he has grown up since his days in Manchester. As you say, doesn't feel like a Moyes signing but I think his wages aren't crazy and he can play on the left, upfront or off the striker which ticks a lot of boxes.

Will be interesting to see who it is.