Dennis Lepine

A Forum in which to remember those KUMB members and other West Ham United family who have sadly left us.

Moderators: Gnome, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

cockney hammer
Resident badge expert
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 143 likes

Re: Dennis Lepine Funeral 23/6

Post by cockney hammer »

i very sadly could not get there i am sadly fighting to save my job of twenty one years at 12 23 i took my hat off stood by the shutters looked to the sky and said rip dennis and i was quire for a minute told the boss at work and he was fine with it

rip fellow hammer begging the playesr for a win for dennis tonight
Greatest Cockney Rip Off
Has liked: 338 likes
Total likes: 728 likes

Post by Greatest Cockney Rip Off »

Some more images of today. It was a really good send off for a well respected fellow hammer. I had the pleasure of using the Upminster Coaches a few times and can say that Dennis was a top fella.

R.I.P.

Samba
Has liked: 2484 likes
Total likes: 895 likes

Post by Samba »

Kialos wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:51 pm Having refused a fist pump from Doc H on the basis on social distancing paranoia I then got a big kiss from Romford and Mick G anyway :lol:
#TyphoidKialos

RIP Dennis. A wonderful turnout.
clawhammer
Total likes: 20 likes

Post by clawhammer »

I never met Dennis and knew nothing about him until this thread. Clearly a special person. His funeral has actually made the local news media today.RIP to , clearly, one of life’s gems.
westhamshares
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 6 likes

Post by westhamshares »

A very sad day for myself and many others.

Saw mushy, doc and snow white amongst others and must have been standing just behind the person taking the pictures on here

those of us old skool and not so old skool such as the son of FVDE appreciated all that Dennis did for those of us who follow west ham OLAS.

Nothing was too much trouble for our Dennis - he genuinely cared for all hammers - he came from that background of never leaving a man standing/behind as propagated by Bill - he would always try to assist

Saw lots of old faces there including many who sadly no longer go

Alas the Rottweiler is getting her way and sanitising the fanbase - many were expressing that post covid19 they would not bother any more - sad days

Some great videos on Twitter - go check them out
w4hammer
Location: ..my heart says... West Ham.. my head says ...West Ham
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by w4hammer »

it was a special day for a special man...and will last long in the memory

exactly as stated above, i mustve had the same conversation with so many people who have been disenfrancised from our club - so many people there Tuesday just stopped going or have been stopped. ****ing criminal behaviour from the (temporary) owners of our club
Greatest Cockney Rip Off
Has liked: 338 likes
Total likes: 728 likes

Post by Greatest Cockney Rip Off »

w4hammer wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:27 am it was a special day for a special man...and will last long in the memory

exactly as stated above, i mustve had the same conversation with so many people who have been disenfrancised from our club - so many people there Tuesday just stopped going or have been stopped. ****ing criminal behaviour from the (temporary) owners of our club
Sadly that's what I got too. All of my lot apart from two aren't renewing and there's just a general feeling of apathy and resignation amongst everyone I spoke to. One pointed out that Brady is trying to get rid of all of us and she doesn't realise the reason why West Ham are what they are, is because of the fans (let's face it, it hasn't been the football we play for at least 20 years now). Slowly we're being forced out and I genuinely think that if we go down, that's it. There'll be no coming back.

As I've said before, West Ham died for me in 2016. What we're seeing now is a parody of a once great club. I think Dennis and Bill epitomise what West Ham used to be and now it's just not the same any more.
Doc H Ball
Has liked: 915 likes
Total likes: 1914 likes

Re: Dennis Lepine

Post by Doc H Ball »

S-H wrote: Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:49 pm
I wanted to bump this.

How proud Den would have been yesterday.

I was sad his photo didn't appear when they showed the hammers who had passed on this year, but he was remembered and will be wherever and whenever we play abroad.

Rest in peace mate.

:crest:
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 748 likes
Total likes: 3444 likes

Re: Dennis Lepine

Post by Up the Junction »