The Summer Transfer Thread 2022.

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Ironing Board
Has liked: 2082 likes
Total likes: 1791 likes

Re: The Summer Transfer Thread 2022.

Post by Ironing Board »

bristolhammerfc wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 1:23 am Perhaps it's because Benny thinks defence is the wooden thing around his garden
:lol: :lol:
YorksHammer
Has liked: 381 likes
Total likes: 1410 likes

Post by YorksHammer »

hammerman11 wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 12:27 am Because he is nit very good
You do not score 8 goals and get 6 assists in the Premier League if you are 'nit very good'.
Whu stepney
Has liked: 80 likes
Total likes: 22 likes

Post by Whu stepney »

hammersk wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 12:54 am It’s over and Moyes knows it.
behave yourself I've seen plenty knicker wetting but this is ridiculous .ITS OVER after one match really :rofl:
Denbighammer
Has liked: 697 likes
Total likes: 431 likes

Post by Denbighammer »

Ironing Board wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 3:13 am We’ll have a better idea about where we stand after Forest.
We'll have a better idea of where we stand after about 8 games.
il_martello_di_genovesi
Has liked: 676 likes
Total likes: 1969 likes

Post by il_martello_di_genovesi »

Crouchend_Hammer wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 10:27 pm Getting rid of Benhrama
Utter madness
He comes on, we look brighter, but the usual suspects after him again and moaning that he’s not thinking about defending all the time. Lanzini gets a pass though for letting the game just completely disappear from him.

We need an upgrade in that area regardless.
EastVillageHammer
Has liked: 3156 likes
Total likes: 2514 likes

Post by EastVillageHammer »

Vlasic is apparently going to Monza on loan with an option. Diop is also being shipped out.

Thilo Kehrer the German from PSG is looking quite likely and we’re still interested in bringing Broja in on loan.

So much work still to do.
Friend or Foé
Has liked: 58 likes
Total likes: 98 likes

Post by Friend or Foé »

I very much doubt we will move Vlasic and Benrhama out in one window. Cornet improves our left side over yesterdays 11 but having Benrhama on the bench makes sense. I’d actually rather see him played more central when brought on for 25 mins.
So from just yesterdays assessment in my mind Cornet instantly balances our attacking options, Scamacca looks both a natural striker and adept at controlling the ball which poor old Antonio struggles at, although I suspect we could lose out on Antonio’s ability to pressure defenders. Nevertheless I do believe Scamacca will get the nod ahead of Antonio for at least ball retention.
Left back we all know about, yet yesterday perhaps exposed something that I began to be concerned with last season, that being Coufals pace. He appears to have lost a yard since his injury which is concerning. However it is in central midfield that we have our biggest issue. Fingers crossed it was just because it was Man City but Soucek needs to find another gear fast. If he continues to be an average presence then blooding Downs seems like it needs to happen sooner.
alantaylorsleftfoot
Has liked: 177 likes
Total likes: 61 likes

Post by alantaylorsleftfoot »

Croydon wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 11:48 pm I'm not sure if by your post you're suggesting we wait another window, however, this sort of post was pumped out in January to justify our lack of spending (ironically, we had interest in Scamacca in January and could have made a bid).

We've been kicking the can further down the road, much further than we did with the CF spot, for far too long. Of the top of my head, we've missed out on two of our targets already this window for that position.
We really do need a left back, I'm just not sure who that player is or if he exists. I've not seen one left back move clubs who I thought "we should be all over that". Bekker last summer probably the only one. Apparently we were in for Malacia, but he appears to have been bought by Utd as squad fodder and isn't considered better than Daley Blind by the Dutch National team manager.

Sosa is probably the best option, but I've never seen him play and I'm not sure he's played left back in a flat 4 much.
alski
Has liked: 92 likes
Total likes: 162 likes

Post by alski »

EastVillageHammer wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 6:21 am Vlasic is apparently going to Monza on loan with an option. Diop is also being shipped out.

Thilo Kehrer the German from PSG is looking quite likely and we’re still interested in bringing Broja in on loan.

Thanks for the info. Kehrer looks very good.
Romfordboy
Has liked: 150 likes
Total likes: 288 likes

Post by Romfordboy »

Doesn’t sound we are far down the line with any players

Let’s hope this week picks up a bit!
alantaylorsleftfoot

Doc H Ball wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 12:56 am Luke Shaw.

1. Yes
2. Everyone is available
3. If the price is right
4. Pay whatever
5. Yes
6. Yes
7. Yes
8. Yes
Would love us to sign Luke Shaw. I'm not sure I agree with your answers 2-4
NWhammer
Has liked: 785 likes
Total likes: 1490 likes

Post by NWhammer »

EastVillageHammer wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 6:21 am Vlasic is apparently going to Monza on loan with an option. Diop is also being shipped out.

That's baffling for me.

Vlasic should not be being loaned out, what is the point? Either get the money in to improve on him or keep him. Loaning him out to an Italian side with an option that will never be taken up is ridiculous. If you are going to loan him out, at least loan him to a team that's likely to be challenging for europe and not fighting relegation.

Keher instead of Szalai, I don't know what the thinking is there.

Broja won't come so stop wasting our time on him and bring Dennis in.

Like you said, so much work to do but that does not fill me with confidence (And I've been very positive about this window so far), it feels like old habbits are creeping back in at crunch time.
S-H
Has liked: 5739 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

hammersk wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 12:54 am It’s over and Moyes knows it.
Garry
Has liked: 149 likes
Total likes: 211 likes

Post by Garry »

Broja come on as sub for chelsea Saturday so unless chelsea buy another striker he's staying at chelsea like I said before I hate dealing with them
alantaylorsleftfoot

Benaloon wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 12:39 am Find this kind of attitude a bit weird.

You realise no one here is a professional scout right? I doubt anyone here would have the resources to be across every potential player in every world league and also have Intel on their thoughts about joining and wage demands.

Think it's perfectly reasonable to say we could use an upgrade in a position without knowing exactly who - that's the club's job.
Benaloon, you are being a bit precious.

I'm saying that there is not a surfeit of great left backs around. But we really do need one.

A good proportion of this thread is taken up with people suggesting players whom we should sign and probably the most numerous comment in the thread is "we should sign a left back", there must have been over two thousand such statements.

I also agree with you comment "no one on here is a professional scout". It was very brave for you to come out and tell them!

I think you should take the original post in the light hearted manner it was intended. COYI
Last edited by alantaylorsleftfoot on Mon Aug 08, 2022 7:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
HammerPDC
Has liked: 16 likes
Total likes: 1084 likes

Post by HammerPDC »

We bought Benrahma for say £25m, whether you rate him or you don't we've developed him into somebody who does produce in the top flight and there are West Ham fans advocating for selling him for ... £25m :lol:

If we were trying to sign a Benrahma from another PL team this summer we'd have been quoted £40m, you don't have to believe he's a £40m player but that's the truth
NWhammer
Has liked: 785 likes
Total likes: 1490 likes

Post by NWhammer »

HammerPDC wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 7:01 am We bought Benrahma for say £25m, whether you rate him or you don't we've developed him into somebody who does produce in the top flight and there are West Ham fans advocating for selling him for ... £25m :lol:

If we were trying to sign a Benrahma from another PL team this summer we'd have been quoted £40m, you don't have to believe he's a £40m player but that's the truth
Find me a team that will pay 25m for Benrahma let alone 40m. He doesn't even start for us and we're actively trying to sell him. Same as Vlasic, we'd be better keeping them here than flogging them off for peanuts.
Last edited by NWhammer on Mon Aug 08, 2022 7:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Westbourne Bill
Has liked: 129 likes
Total likes: 329 likes

Post by Westbourne Bill »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thilo_Kehrer

Current German international- can play CB and FB
DusseldorfHammer
Has liked: 2951 likes
Total likes: 2607 likes

Post by DusseldorfHammer »

Kehrer is looking for a spot to play week-in-week-out. Wants it to cement his place as first-choice at right back for Germany at the WC.

Highly unlikely deal at this moment in time!
Garry
Has liked: 149 likes
Total likes: 211 likes

Post by Garry »

You get hope from 1 poster then another poster knocks you down again.