The Summer Transfer Thread 2022.

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2501 likes
Total likes: 4404 likes

Re: The Summer Transfer Thread 2022.

Post by bubbles1966 »

Romfordboy wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:29 pm Are there actual links for sosa or is it just a wish list.

I agree with the above of you imagine we are going to play a 523 formation with wingbacks our transfers make a lot more sense
https://www.index.hr/sport/clanak/borna ... ort_prva_d
Gsbgsb
Has liked: 318 likes
Total likes: 747 likes

Post by Gsbgsb »

Cuenca 'ammer wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:31 pm not sure about any of our policy at all really.

did Jack do a piece (might have been a joint effort with Callum) about our midfield transfer targets not in any way shape or form being alike ?

I might be misreading the blurb, but it "seems" as though the targets we chased in CM were all different types of players. one would have thought that they would all at least share a commonality but it seems that none of the three I think it was, actually were in any way shape or form.
Assuming Downes is seen as a project/cover this season we need 2 different types of midfielder.

Currently our best passer in the opposition half is Fornals. We need another, ideally an upgrade. Soucek and Rice are, at best, poor creators for others.

If we are looking to play 4-3-3 or 3-4-3 then the passer is far more a CM than 10.

4-2-3-1 or 3-5-2 then more the 10 role.

In part where we find this passer might well dictate our primary style of play.

We also need another physical presence to enable us to rest/rotate Rice and Soucek.

It would be a hell of a player who could offer defensively what Rice and Soucek do but also be an offensive passing threat which neither of them are
Josie112002
Has liked: 90 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Post by Josie112002 »

paulhs1 wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:29 pm Who's blaming Dave? I'm not
Sorry, wasn't saying you were specifically but this is commonly linked to comments about us taking so long to close transfers. There have been a lot of dragged out transfers not linked to us this Summer; Arsenal have been linked to Tielemans for months but not close yet, Chelsea are hilarious this window and have plenty of examples including their 2 year target Kounde, Man Utd with De Jong and previously Sancho. The bigger transfers do take a long time.

Saying that I am getting worried about the amount of movement out without immediate replacements seeming imminent. Personally would want 2 cbs, lb, cdm and cam but will trust Moyes judgement. Definitely a transitional year as others have referenced
Josie112002
Has liked: 90 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Post by Josie112002 »

Cuenca 'ammer wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:31 pm not sure about any of our policy at all really.

did Jack do a piece (might have been a joint effort with Callum) about our midfield transfer targets not in any way shape or form being alike ?

I might be misreading the blurb, but it "seems" as though the targets we chased in CM were all different types of players. one would have thought that they would all at least share a commonality but it seems that none of the three I think it was, actually were in any way shape or form.
I think it's a sign that we want two more. One more defensive that can drive with the ball and another more creative in the 10 role. We definitely lack the latter and need depth for the former
I am Legend
Has liked: 1600 likes
Total likes: 1656 likes

Post by I am Legend »

Romfordboy wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:29 pm Are there actual links for sosa or is it just a wish list.

I agree with the above of you imagine we are going to play a 523 formation with wingbacks our transfers make a lot more sense
Yeah a few pages back, someone linked that a Croatian news/journo article that he is coming here and his people are London for talks.

No idea if true. I hope so though.
Essexmaniac
Has liked: 125 likes
Total likes: 143 likes

Post by Essexmaniac »

BBC Gossip round up Wednesday;

Hull City are keen to sign Watford right back Jeremy Ngakia, with the 21 year old slipping down the pecking order at Vicarage Road. ( The Athletic)

Aston Villa's pursuit of £30m rated striker Raul de Tomas, 27, has been given a boost after Espanyol's chairman admitted he might leave the club, although Everton, Newcastle and West Ham are be also interested. ( Birmingham Mail).
Iron-on-transfer
Has liked: 33 likes
Total likes: 262 likes

Post by Iron-on-transfer »

BBC round up Wednesday also mentions Chelsea looking at Aubameyang.

If that were to be true, I wonder whether Broja may still come?
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1991 likes
Total likes: 1667 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

were we honestly going to sign BOTH Onana AND Zilienski (sp ?) and/or Kostic ?

don't see that myself. although we might NEED two more, no way I can see us doing that while still needing another CB (Aguerd already injured by this time) and a LB ?

one CM maybe, but for sure not at the expense of a LB and a CB ?

maybe. but I don't think so. especially as it "seems" that Onana wanted much more playing time than we were purportedly going to give. I don't think there's that much money in the kitty for that.

could be wrong.
stu1
Has liked: 669 likes
Total likes: 1038 likes

Post by stu1 »

All this talk of playing wing backs yet we don’t have a single player who is best suited to playing wing back as their primary position.

On the right both Johnson and Coufal are better suited to being right backs as neither are great on the ball, nor at beating a man.

Coufal in particular is far better suited to having a winger create space for him and then passing to him in a way which allows him to put in a first time cross. Meanwhile Johnson is probably more suited to being the RCB in a 5 than the RWB.

On the left we just loaned Arthur who whilst not very good, wasn’t too bad at wing back as it was his best position. Anyone suggesting Creswell can play wing back would need sectioning.

Cornet has at least played there before and would at hopefully mean we never play a negative back 5, but he’s still better at LW and arguably better as a CF.

If we want to play wing backs effectively then we need to sign a LWB and a RWB, which doesn’t sound like a great master plan with the season already started.
Has liked: 4592 likes
Total likes: 1548 likes

Post by Sticky »

Does my f*cking swede in at times ~ not being able to log in and comment in real time at some of the absolute gold on here ... Having to go back 7 pages to quote and appreciate someone's work isn't ideal.

Been in Geneva and France on my own for the last few days and this place has kept me company - and very grateful to have it. Some of you lot are ****ing hilarious man... Proper funny ****.

Anyways back on topic...

This transfer window has certainly been a mind f*ck thus far to say the least ~ get that **** deep in my veins NOW and don't ever let it stop. I've been up and down like a whores drawers the last few days. Love it.

I know f*** ALL about any of these potential players ~ I'm 40 now and couldn't care less what goes on outside of West Ham tbh - I rely on you lot to do my scouting for me - what we all love tho (I suspect) is the fact that nothing at all is quantifiable in any way shape or form when it comes to transfers. Not even after a player arrives ~ but listen, if he's young, foreign and wears a headband I'm all in.

What I do know is that David Moyes is a very experienced, and shrewd man, and is adaptable too - thank f*** - it is my humble belief, having seen the training ground and been for a visit behind the scenes at the club - that we are not run as well as a club of our stature should be.... and that he has been hobnailed on a number of occasions. What I do like, is that we are apparently honest about what we do now (Onana) and that he won't let us be walked over when it comes to dealings (JL *spits)

We are gonna be alright.

... Lastly ...

TTD - Terence Trent Darby?
The laces/bunny ears Kane joke literally made me laugh out loud... We love you Duss ~ and why does Ruben Loftus Cheek playing for West Ham have a certain air of inevitably about it for me?

Hmmm... Jammy Jizzy Jeff too.

Bring me head of David Sullivan...

... See you all again in a few days once I get back in.

Keep up the top class graft lads, I've got a week off work . Cheers 👍🏻
Peaches
Has liked: 91 likes
Total likes: 821 likes

Post by Peaches »

So with Diop and Vlasic leaving and possibly Benrahma too, we need at least 4 players and possibly as many as 6, Left back, centre back central and attacking midfield all need to be addressed.
Incredibly unlikely, but 4 from Kehrer, Sosa, Paqueta , Szalai, Thomas, and Koopmeiners would sort us for a very long time. I could also see us going back in for Zielinski as it looks like Napoli are signing Ndombele, Raspadori, and Simeonre.
hammerman11
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 745 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

Keep the faith we will be ok. We kick back on Sunday
With a good win plus several new players arriving
ironside58
Has liked: 40 likes
Total likes: 94 likes

Post by ironside58 »

Vienna wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 10:18 pm Absolutely, they have the biggest 3 cheaters in football now. Kane, Son and Richarlison.
you've hurt Grealish's feelings!
ironside58
Has liked: 40 likes
Total likes: 94 likes

Post by ironside58 »

Keep seeing we need x number of players.

However, if we ever want to truly improve, top of the tree asap should be the a change at the top as they should always be accountable.

Next is a proper overhaul of our scouting system. How do other clubs eg Brighton, manage to find players easier and cheaper and to make a profit on a good % of them.

Next we need to look at how we want to play, stil not 100% sure Dave does. We need players coming through Who can slot in whereas it appears to be pot luck.
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 2019 likes
Total likes: 1494 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

Bubbles Fortuna
Has liked: 1992 likes
Total likes: 4742 likes

Post by Bubbles Fortuna »

I'd be happy for three more. One for each third of the pitch.

Szalai
Sangare
Januzaj

If there's a couple of loans on offer after that great, sign Kehler and Broja on loan.
YorksHammer
Has liked: 383 likes
Total likes: 1415 likes

Post by YorksHammer »

I echo that Bubbles - not sure if Sangare is truly available after the new contract signing, but those three would be pretty much exactly what we need.
Iron-on-transfer wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:22 am If that were to be true, I wonder whether Broja may still come?
Let's stop this now, I feel like people are just doing it to wind me up.

We've signed the sexiest, sweetest, most gentle, extremely talented striker we've ever had this window. We don't need to add an ineffective rat faced child alongside him. We've signed a real man.
Bubbles Fortuna
Has liked: 1992 likes
Total likes: 4742 likes

Post by Bubbles Fortuna »

YorksHammer wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 7:12 am I echo that Bubbles - not sure if Sangare is truly available after the new contract signing, but those three would be pretty much exactly what we need.

Let's stop this now, I feel like people are just doing it to wind me up.

We've signed the sexiest, sweetest, most gentle, extremely talented striker we've ever had this window. We don't need to add an ineffective rat faced child alongside him. We've signed a real man.
Just think how much more handsome and regal he'll look by comparison though.
hammerman11
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 745 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

I think we need a couple more to that list. are we going to get sangare as he`s just signed a new contract and he is another DM. surely we need someone who can pass the thing. at the moment we only have fornals who can play CAM and spot a quick forward pass. dec runs with it , soucek cant pass it and lanzini goes sideways and backwards. we need a forward passer .God knows who though
we need two CBs, one LB, one CAM and one RW . 5 more in please especially if we shift benrahma, maybe 6.
Haarlemammer
Has liked: 384 likes
Total likes: 62 likes

Post by Haarlemammer »

hammerman11 wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 7:17 am need someone who can pass the thing.
Well, that rules out Adama Traore....