The Summer Transfer Thread 2022.

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Long Shot
Has liked: 159 likes
Total likes: 196 likes

Re: The Summer Transfer Thread 2022.

Post by Long Shot »

Westhamfan wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 2:08 pm Kehrer is a really good player and to sign him is quite a coup for WHU. Experienced , a German international and just 25. . Great stuff !!
We've had more coups than Bakino Faso this transfer window! :scarfer:
El brooko79
Has liked: 3025 likes
Total likes: 1990 likes

Post by El brooko79 »

Mullhull wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 3:11 pm This is the one I wanted the most. Can play LB too
Yep seems like a really good idea if psg will give a loan with an option.
Reckon late in the window. Shirley he is desperate for game time before the world cup.

If we good get a loan till the January window, we may have Aguerd back.
Give the guy a chance to prove himself with us.
Or even a year as we don't know about Oggy and Daws and they will leave end of the season.

May leave us overstocked jan-May with 6 CBs but realistically they won't all be fit.

Get to Jan with Kehrer, Zouma, Diallo and hopefully Dawson. Oggy an unrealistic bonus at the moment.

Wonder if Diallo and Kehrer have many games together as a CB pair?
Last edited by El brooko79 on Wed Aug 17, 2022 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sir_Trevor
Has liked: 274 likes
Total likes: 352 likes

Post by Sir_Trevor »

Really don't know what to make of this one. Seems to have been an emerging talent for years and has been loaned out all over the place, but never really seems to have stood out to me.
funky chicken
Has liked: 322 likes
Total likes: 1225 likes

Post by funky chicken »

The next item on the agenda is to get the Emerson deal wrapped up in time for Sunday’s game, so we will have at least enough options to be able to play the 5 at the back formation, with Cresswell and Kehrer being able to play as one of the centre halves.

The absolute minimum after that before deadline day is a central midfielder, and depending on the stage Oggy and Dawson are with their recoveries, another centre half.

I see Oggy was training with tomorrow night’s squad. So he
must be fairly close.
cadiz_hammer
Has liked: 1171 likes
Total likes: 124 likes

Post by cadiz_hammer »

DusseldorfHammer wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:23 pm At left back in a flat four? Be amazed, mate!
Excuse me for wading in, mate...
I appreciate your useful ITK posts, but can you cut the "my opinion is right, end of" posts?
The fact that you don't rate certain players we're linked to or have signed is fine, but your insistence that your view is infallible is wearing thin (for me, at least).
No hard feelings...
BigFatSam
Has liked: 209 likes
Total likes: 1096 likes

Post by BigFatSam »

Not bad for a cast off…

Denbighammer
Has liked: 695 likes
Total likes: 427 likes

Post by Denbighammer »

Can he play right back? Cos on the evidence of games 1 & 2 we need one of them before a left back
D C
Has liked: 1125 likes
Total likes: 1472 likes

Post by D C »

Sir_Trevor wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 3:21 pm
Really don't know what to make of this one. Seems to have been an emerging talent for years and has been loaned out all over the place, but never really seems to have stood out to me.
I’ve heard that his hearts not really in it. Obviously played a lot of wing back but prefers CM. A last minute loan to cover Rice/Soucek is all he’d be
DusseldorfHammer
Has liked: 3047 likes
Total likes: 2689 likes

Post by DusseldorfHammer »

cadiz_hammer wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 3:22 pm Excuse me for wading in, mate...
I appreciate your useful ITK posts, but can you cut the "my opinion is right, end of" posts?
The fact that you don't rate certain players we're linked to or have signed is fine, but your insistence that your view is infallible is wearing thin (for me, at least).
No hard feelings...
I could be wrong, no doubt. All good!
ToiletDuck
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 63 likes

Post by ToiletDuck »

If Coventry does go then we defiantly need another CM
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 258 likes
Total likes: 1161 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

Maitland-Niles. Not very good in ee?
Danny's Dyer Acting
Has liked: 646 likes
Total likes: 1858 likes

Post by Danny's Dyer Acting »

Sir_Trevor wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 3:21 pm Really don't know what to make of this one. Seems to have been an emerging talent for years and has been loaned out all over the place, but never really seems to have stood out to me.
I'm sure the issue he had last season is that he's made it very clear he sees himself as a midfielder rather than a full back but then couldn't regularly get into either the Arsenal or Roma team in that role.

If that's the case then he's coming here to sit on the bench until someone needs a rest. Not sure that's the right move for him really.
mushy
Has liked: 652 likes
Total likes: 877 likes

Post by mushy »

cadiz_hammer wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 3:22 pm Excuse me for wading in, mate...
Isnt he just posting an opinion on players, which is I assume the entire point of these threads I would have thought.
Not seen any of the ' I'm right, your wrong ' type posts you talk of. Unless I've missed them.
Wilko1304
Location: "Once you start complicating things the end result is less inflatables"
Has liked: 1516 likes
Total likes: 3182 likes

Post by Wilko1304 »

If you have multiple roles to fill, but limited squad spaces, Maitland-Niles and Kehrer are two very useful signings.

AMN - RB, LB, CM
TK - RB, LB, CB, CM

I'd take Maitland-Niles, he's not been treated well by Arsenal and I can imagine his love for the game has taken a hit. But I'm sure there are more who get a move and fall back in love with it than there are Deles or Michael Johnsons who just don't.

And if there's one thing we do have under Moyes, it appears to be a very good team spirit. I'd back us to make him feel joy about football again.
mushy
Has liked: 652 likes
Total likes: 877 likes

Post by mushy »

:wolfy:
Denbighammer wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 3:23 pm Can he play right back? Cos on the evidence of games 1 & 2 we need one of them before a left back
Can he play right back and left back at the same time?
That's the type of player we badly need
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2497 likes
Total likes: 4403 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

Maitland-Niles is a funny one - I've seen him have some very quiet games but also some excellent ones, including against very good opponents.

Comes from Ilford, doesn't he?
HammerTime86
Has liked: 402 likes
Total likes: 93 likes

Post by HammerTime86 »

I remember Maitland Niles was agitated at Arsenal cos he wanted to play CM. Rotating in and out might work for us but there's nothing spectacular about him. Functional is the word I'd use (although being at Arsenal means I obviously didn't see much of him).
Morocco Mole
Has liked: 3687 likes
Total likes: 2410 likes

Post by Morocco Mole »

bubbles1966 wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:40 pm I'm reading this window a bit different to many.

We've finished 6th and 7th two seasons running but with a useable squad of maybe just 14-15 players though last season we still managed to beat every team in the top 6 in one competition or another, plus some tidy European opponents. However, the difficulties of doing that with relatively meagre numbers that the manager trusted came sharply into view from November onwards.

This window is about getting that number up to 20+ and trying to lock in that same level. It isn't about 'the next level' now, It's about preparing for it.
I agree. I keep reading the teams gone ‘stale’ but I don’t think they have, they just need better quality support and competition. Whilst some of these signings appear underwhelming they will allow our better players to rest and rotate in and out of the team so we can compete in the league and in Europe right though to May. With that in mind we need one more quality central midfielder.
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2497 likes
Total likes: 4403 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

Maitland-Niles - Decent turn of pace and homegrown.

And he's only 24 :shock:
GALF
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 152 likes

Post by GALF »

I just texted my Chelsea supporting mates, asking for their opinion on Emerson. Their responses:

“Never really given enough game time. Probably be a good signing.”

“He’s a solid enough left back. Would be good for you lot.”

“He’s alright to be fair, nothing spectacular but not sh*t either.”

They’re usually a miserable bunch, so that’s about as glowing as it was ever going to be. At the very least it adds squad depth to a position in which it is currently sorely lacking. Arguably it’s an upgrade on what we currently have, even if it isn’t a significant one.