The Summer Transfer Thread 2022.

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

YorksHammer
Has liked: 383 likes
Total likes: 1415 likes

Re: The Summer Transfer Thread 2022.

Post by YorksHammer »

snooperpooper wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:00 pm Antonio misses so many opportunities, shoots when passing could be better and spends too much time throwing his arms in the air when he feels he's getting fouled.

Broja with a better team/support around him, (Antonio out wide left) can be coached very quickly as he's proven he has the talent and has the years in front of him.

Even more of a yes now I've written that.
I'd take Antonio's misses in exchange for increased chance creation over Broja any day of the week. I'd do the same against any player with similar stats.

By the way, Antonio's xG90 outstripped Broja's last season. So he's beating him both in terms of being in the right place for chances as well as creating them. He's an all round better player.
Whu_Law23
Has liked: 36 likes
Total likes: 160 likes

Post by Whu_Law23 »

I’d like to see this happen by the end of the window and I’d consider it a very very successful one:

LB - Grimaldo (20m?)
RW - Januzaj (free)
CM - Maitland-Niles (on loan or 10m? - only a year left so possible cheap deal to be done)

And then maybe somehow find another 30m in the pot for a top CM/attacking mid :scarfer:

(Disclaimer: I’m on holiday and had a couple drinks…)
Ozza
Has liked: 943 likes
Total likes: 2392 likes

Post by Ozza »

Ozza wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:49 pm I don’t want that rat faced cheating smug spud **** anywhere near my club, let him rot there.

I also don’t want us to deal with that **** Levy, I’m loving the money they’ve spanked out on average players that are sitting in the reserves

**** them all
Oh and he’s ****
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2487 likes
Total likes: 2711 likes

Post by sendô »

IronZ-79 wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:48 pm Reguillon still available. Younger, quicker and upgrade on Cresswell
Slapgate round two.
MB
Cricket's Darren Anderton
Has liked: 5678 likes
Total likes: 3096 likes

Post by MB »

Absolutely Hammered! wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:41 pm Who knows... if Man U come in with 150m offer and 300kpw then Rice and his family wouldn't just dismiss it.
Why would they pay that when they have scott mctominay?
Mullhull
Has liked: 328 likes
Total likes: 269 likes

Post by Mullhull »

Puff Daddy wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:52 pm Totts offered him to us very early in the w
window
, but Moyes refused. No idea why
I don't believe that to be true. However to entertain the idea, Spuds would demand a pretty penny for him.

He slapped Cresswell last season and seems like a little **** head, combining those factors and if that was even true, he'd fail the Moyes personality test as well as the not worth the money check.

Personally, I don't care if he's Spurs, he comes across as a little **** and I wouldn't want him at our club, there's obviously a reason Spurs want rid too after replacing him with a 33 year old Perisic.
Last edited by Mullhull on Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1992 likes
Total likes: 1667 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

Puff, sorry was talking about Emerson...
hammerman11
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 745 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

So it's a no to Emerson. I wonder who is next on moyes list of left backs ?
Gsbgsb
Has liked: 318 likes
Total likes: 747 likes

Post by Gsbgsb »

scatts wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:20 pm Please remind me, when can Sully sell the club without penalties? And can we buy the stadium at the same time or that's not on the table? I'm trying to make sense of our transfers in a broader perspective because we still don't seem to be investing to make much progress, to really challenge for CL places. Looks like we're investing in the hope of finishing the same as the last couple of seasons, at best. Are we in a holding pattern until GSB are gone and *then* we will invest more than we are now?

I know it's difficult and we're not the biggest attraction but I can't help feeling we're not going that extra mile, which sometimes means spending more than you think is right to get the players that will give you a good chance of CL. We're better than we were, but we're obviously not shooting for CL, are we.

As for the Kehrer video - fans, manager, project, big club, blah blah, repeat, smile. I wish they'd let the players actually say what they think. What's the point in asking him (at least twice) which players he watched and admired in and out of the PL if he's basically not allowed to talk about anything except West Ham and we didn't have any players he admired? At least not since Ferdinand left. It's like watching someone interview a politician.
Assuming we are back in Europe and play by the new sustainability rules next season we will be very hard pressed to even match what we have done this summer next year. We will be allowed 90% of turnover on first team squad wages (including the manager) and transfers (including things like agents fees).

Say we have a turnover of £200m that means we can spend £180m, our wage bill must be creeping towards £90m so that would leave £90m to spend absent any sales. Following year it is 80% (so £160m on those figures) then 70% where it will stay (£140m on those figures).

Suddenly losing your big players (whoever you are) on a free at the end of their contract is really going to hurt a lot more. It also means those clubs already at the top are far more likely to stay their as the turnover of the Big 6 dwarfs just about everybody else. It might also mean you see a return to more swap deals.
Hamsta
Has liked: 305 likes
Total likes: 69 likes

Post by Hamsta »

YorksHammer wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:53 pm I'd take Antonio's misses in exchange for increased chance creation over Broja any day of the week.
Fit is she?
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1992 likes
Total likes: 1667 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

kind of like a NFL salary cap.

I don't see swaps working because you'd still have to get players to agree and money out on salaries has to match salaries coming in if I read you correctly.

and it benefits the bigger clubs even more because their turnover will STILL be great I would imagine. what counts as turnover ? (genuine question) is it total revenue streams because all that lot at the top will do, is get an even bigger shirt/sponsorship/stadium naming rights scenario.
Last edited by Cuenca 'ammer on Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SiO
Has liked: 562 likes
Total likes: 307 likes

Post by SiO »

hammerman11 wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:58 pm So it's a no to Emerson. I wonder who is next on moyes list of left backs ?
It's entirely possible that Moyes sees Kehrer at LB, with Aguerd and Zouma as CB. Having spent 30m on Zouma and played him whilst fit, I don't think Moyes is not going to play him. I also think it's interesting that the Emerson link goes quiet on the day Kehrer signs. Interesting not suspicious as it makes our hand stronger I would suggest. If this were chess, Chelsea are in need of getting a pawn (pun intended) to the other side. We are in the ascendancy
1895Hammer
Has liked: 1365 likes
Total likes: 771 likes

Post by 1895Hammer »

Colours never run wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:44 pm I did warn us not to muck about with this 2 Bob Club. Let him rot there.
Yep, move on and quickly please.
YorksHammer
Has liked: 383 likes
Total likes: 1415 likes

Post by YorksHammer »

Hamsta wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:00 pmFit is she?
Not a patch on my Gianluca.
Albie Beck
Has liked: 629 likes
Total likes: 654 likes

Post by Albie Beck »

Ozza wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:49 pm I don’t want that rat faced cheating smug spud **** anywhere near my club, let him rot there.

I also don’t want us to deal with that **** Levy, I’m loving the money they’ve spanked out on average players that are sitting in the reserves

**** them all
Ozza wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:54 pm Oh and he’s ****
Succinct - and true...

edit> correct post quoted
Last edited by Albie Beck on Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6757 likes
Total likes: 2352 likes

Post by Colours never run »

Puff Daddy wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:52 pm Totts offered him to us very early in the w
window, but Moyes refused. No idea why
I know. Because they're massive ****ing c****. Here to help.
Rio
Ronnie Biggs was here
Has liked: 164 likes
Total likes: 1112 likes

Post by Rio »

window, but Moyes refused. No idea why
Tottenham won’t deal with us while the current ownership has control
Vienna
Has liked: 157 likes
Total likes: 291 likes

Post by Vienna »

Rio wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:14 pm Tottenham won’t deal with us while the current ownership has control
Wow, I didn't think GSB had done anything positive in there reign here, I stand corrected.
Gsbgsb
Has liked: 318 likes
Total likes: 747 likes

Post by Gsbgsb »

Cuenca 'ammer wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:03 pm kind of like a NFL salary cap.

I don't see swaps working because you'd still have to get players to agree and money out on salaries has to match salaries coming in if I read you correctly.

and it benefits the bigger clubs even more because their turnover will STILL be great I would imagine. what counts as turnover ? (genuine question) is it total revenue streams because all that lot at the top will do, is get an even bigger shirt/sponsorship/stadium naming rights scenario.
Yes it is the total revenue stream (TV, Commercial, Sponsorships, tickets and match day - the works) but UEFA have already indicated they will take a harsh view of some form of sweetheart sponsorship deals with club owners just to boost revenue.

As for salaries money in does not need to match money out. It is up to the club how they spend their allotment. For example (and this IS ONLY a hypothetical example) were we to swap Rice for Broja +Gallagher and £20m with Rice earning £60k a week on leaving, the incomings on a combined £150k a week, our salary bill will have increased by £4.5m. That will impact down the line but in the year of the deal we could spend an extra £15.5m as we have earned that less the salary increase included in the deal.

An extra £5m on salaries for a new or existing player simply reduces the balance available for transfers/agents fees. It would only become an issue if you first team salaries were already at 70% of turnover. I also believe it is just first team salary not overall club salaries.

West Ham have an overall salary bill for some 600 or so full time and part time employees of around £135m, about 60% or so of that is the first team squad.
IronZ-79
Has liked: 130 likes
Total likes: 501 likes

Post by IronZ-79 »

Would we turn down Son or Kane if we ever had the opportunity? I know we would never get either but seriously just because its Spurs is a bit lame.