The Summer Transfer Thread 2022.

A selection of the very best posts and/or most memorable threads on KUMB since the current Forum launched in 2002.

Moderator: Gnome

Aceface
Has liked: 373 likes
Total likes: 1471 likes

Re: The Summer Transfer Thread 2022.

Post by Aceface »

Wonder what Olympiakos supporters make of all the carry-on at Forest?
MD_HM
Has liked: 35 likes
Total likes: 343 likes

Post by MD_HM »

psychoscoredthelot wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:12 pm All is not well at our club - spoke to someone today with close ties to the club who reckons Moyes will be gone by xmas. Hes not happy with how things are being run (surprise surprise).

He will not be playing any player that he has had forced upon him and is frustrated that we havent got the ones he wanted.

The rollercoaster ride that is supporting WHUFC
Odd as his squad this season is already much improved to the one he had last season :chin:
Denzil
Has liked: 356 likes
Total likes: 524 likes

Post by Denzil »

TommyHammer wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:38 pm £45m for Gibbs-White just backs up the assumption Lingard was offered a silly financial package.
This was my first thought. Some of their fans genuinely believe he is 'only' on £80,000 p/w.
hammerman11
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 747 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

Load of rubbish. We have spent well
Alan Pardew's Dad
Has liked: 857 likes
Total likes: 675 likes

Post by Alan Pardew's Dad »

psychoscoredthelot wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:12 pm All is not well at our club - spoke to someone today with close ties to the club who reckons Moyes will be gone by xmas. Hes not happy with how things are being run (surprise surprise).

He will not be playing any player that he has had forced upon him and is frustrated that we havent got the ones he wanted.

Can’t say I’m surprised. If we have a bit of a bad run over the next few games, they’ll cut him adrift and line up the next razzle dazzle manager.

I long for the days where managers lasted more than a couple of seasons.
psychoscoredthelot
Has liked: 82 likes
Total likes: 201 likes

Post by psychoscoredthelot »

Shy Ted wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:16 pm Which player has been forced upon him?
No idea. Dont think he knew that either. Was just told that the relationship is not good between manager and board and that moyesie could walk before xmas.
hammerman11
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 747 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

Why would he walk after spending 100m plus thus window. We have had two good seasons and a brilliant euro run. More of the same this season .
Albie Beck
Has liked: 627 likes
Total likes: 655 likes

Post by Albie Beck »

MD_HM wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:19 pm Odd as his squad this season is already much improved to the one he had last season :chin:
Yeah and the results show it.... oh...
swash
Has liked: 140 likes
Total likes: 196 likes

Post by swash »

Not doubting what you've been told, but why would he wait to walk, surely if it gets to the end of the window and he hasn't been given what he wants, he would walk then
sussexhammer74
Has liked: 269 likes
Total likes: 242 likes

Post by sussexhammer74 »

psychoscoredthelot wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:23 pm No idea. Dont think he knew that either. Was just told that the relationship is not good between manager and board and that moyesie could walk before xmas.
Interesting. We should spot very soon who was not a Moyes choice then.

I know the majority on here are not fans of GSB (me being one) but when you say between Manager and board, is that "the board" (GSB + Kreslinsky) or just GSB?

Are the remaining we are chasing or linked to, any of Moyes picks?
GALF
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 152 likes

Post by GALF »

Chigwell is that you?
happydaystoytown
Has liked: 29 likes
Total likes: 101 likes

Post by happydaystoytown »

DrVenk wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:30 pm I've watched this league for a while now. The guy is a top professional. I think when he really got onto the radar of bigger clubs was about 5 years ago around about the time he got married. He's very a much a family orientated guy and I think it was just bad timing personally when we first went for him.

The guy is far more comfortable on the ball than Soucek. This is not to knock our Czech lad, but to highlight how good Vanaken is on the ball. He's an intelligent player. He's sees passages of play open up and would be a fantastic link for us in our transition play. The guy has really good technique and can arrive late akin to F Lampard. He's also a captain and leader.

I really rate him for what it's worth.
Cheers DV, encouraging stuff! :newthumb:
Romfordboy
Has liked: 150 likes
Total likes: 288 likes

Post by Romfordboy »

Well we will find out soon enough with which new players are not playing
psychoscoredthelot
Has liked: 82 likes
Total likes: 201 likes

Post by psychoscoredthelot »

sussexhammer74 wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:30 pm Interesting. We should spot very soon who was not a Moyes choice then.

yes thats what i thought too

I know the majority on here are not fans of GSB (me being one) but when you say between Manager and board, is that "the board" (GSB + Kreslinsky) or just GSB?

assuming the usual suspect

Are the remaining we are chasing or linked to, any of Moyes pick
no idea - sorry s?

jabbaglob123
Has liked: 212 likes
Total likes: 668 likes

Post by jabbaglob123 »

The rumours about Moyes sound a bit over the top imo. Someone I know's mate has links to the club and said at the end of last season, Lanzini would be leaving and going back to River Plate, Dawson would be leaving to go up North and Jesse Lingard would sign - appears all three of those rumours were completely incorrect. I get that things change, but I think some in our fanbase do love a bit of EastEnders soap opera-esque drama.

Obviously, psycho you're just passing on what you've been told, so I'm not having a swipe at you!
Vienna
Has liked: 157 likes
Total likes: 291 likes

Post by Vienna »

Thanks for the update, not the first person to suggest this either.
EastleighHammer16
Has liked: 234 likes
Total likes: 1673 likes

Post by EastleighHammer16 »

We hear this same rubbish every year. “Moyes is going to walk before the season starts” (or by Xmas in this case)

Moyes has been happily greeting every signing we’ve made in behind the scenes videos. Why bother with that if he has no intention of playing them?
SammyLeeWasOffside
Has liked: 308 likes
Total likes: 1080 likes

Post by SammyLeeWasOffside »

Aguerd felt like a sully player, bet he doesn't get a game before the world cup
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1970 likes
Total likes: 1654 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

not wishing to dig him out, but that clip of Vanahen ain't doing him much good.

that's naff awful defending and goalkeeping for the first goal, and a hit and hope that flew in. bit like a Masuaku highlight reel against Spurs and Chelsea ?

maybe we could do the same with a Lanzini YouTube and flog him off for 10M to River Plate ?

:crylol:
woodford
Has liked: 417 likes
Total likes: 302 likes

Post by woodford »

SammyLeeWasOffside wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 3:37 pm Aguerd felt like a sully player, bet he doesn't get a game before the world cup
What with him being injured