The new kits thread

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

ironsonthebrain
Has liked: 650 likes
Total likes: 120 likes

Re: The new kits thread

Post by ironsonthebrain »

Colours never run wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:54 am Utter ****, just like the other 2 recent kits.

Time to ditch Umbro.
Can we do it now?
chigwells finest
Location: crying with family/crying with strangers & just crying tbh
Has liked: 391 likes
Total likes: 159 likes

Post by chigwells finest »

Cottee wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 10:20 am Can someone recommend a particular seller on DHgate? Son wants a Barca and Juve shirt but not paying full whack for those.
all probably the same vendor, i've bought 10/12 shirts from that site and found them all to be decent
Jackanakanory
Has liked: 10 likes
Total likes: 35 likes

Post by Jackanakanory »

Might be a dumb question but do they have the crest on them? I can understand not having Umbro on them but the pictures on the site they don't seem to have either ?
chigwells finest
Location: crying with family/crying with strangers & just crying tbh
Has liked: 391 likes
Total likes: 159 likes

Post by chigwells finest »

Jackanakanory wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 1:44 pm Might be a dumb question but do they have the crest on them? I can understand not having Umbro on them but the pictures on the site they don't seem to have either ?
yes, its a carbon copy, badge, sponsor, and sleeve sponsor
lukechadwick
Has liked: 64 likes
Total likes: 122 likes

Post by lukechadwick »

chigwells finest wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 2:15 pm yes, its a carbon copy, badge, sponsor, and sleeve sponsor
Just remember to wait for the actual kit release before ordering, as they will knock ones out based on leaks and I be seen several that are obvious fakes.
Ok now for this season but if you're looking at international or in the future bare this in mind.
AG67
Has liked: 41 likes
Total likes: 17 likes

Post by AG67 »

How do the sizes come up in this seasons kits ?
I know Umbro tend to run a bit small.
Bring_Back_Connolly
Has liked: 2554 likes
Total likes: 126 likes

Post by Bring_Back_Connolly »

oh baby :lover: imagine that for us with the colours reversed
Cockneyboy311
Has liked: 541 likes
Total likes: 424 likes

Post by Cockneyboy311 »

Bring_Back_Connolly wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 1:00 pm Image

There's our away kit we didn't get :grin:
norse
Has liked: 380 likes
Total likes: 838 likes

Post by norse »

Their home kit is awful, but that one is nice :thup:
lukechadwick

Post by lukechadwick »

England home and away, USA home and France away leaked.
lukechadwick

Post by lukechadwick »

Pete647580
Has liked: 1212 likes
Total likes: 587 likes

Post by Pete647580 »

:thumbdn:
BrumHammer
Has liked: 3549 likes
Total likes: 595 likes

Post by BrumHammer »

I like the away. The marketing says it's similar to the 90 shirt but it reminds me more of the felty one from 2000 :D

The home... I don't know who at Nike thought their curved shoulder pattern template this season was a winner, but hey...
djbubbles
Has liked: 167 likes
Total likes: 115 likes

Post by djbubbles »

Every year i buy one kit, 1st, 2nd or 3rd whichever i like the best. Well this year i didnt like any of them but i thought the best of a bad lot was the 3rd orange kit.
Well for starters it took 19 days to arrive here in Ireland from the day i purchased it. The total cost was €105 which included p&p and duty. I wasnt over excited because i didnt think any of the kits were all that. Well it is disgusting. Cheap and tacky. Looks like a fake. The orange at the bottom is horrid and is way worse than a pic or seeing it on tv. I didnt realise either that the orange is only on the front. If they continued around the back with it might have made it kinda bearable. The biggest waste of money i ever spent and it will never go on my back
bonzosbeard
Has liked: 2184 likes
Total likes: 1380 likes

Post by bonzosbeard »

Awful England kits.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6759 likes
Total likes: 2352 likes

Post by Colours never run »

Bring_Back_Connolly wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 1:00 pm Image

Amazing. Would have looked the b*llocks for us with a claret and blue tone Crest too. ****ing Umbro too, like they're dick teasing us on purpose. :lol:
Gsbgsb
Has liked: 318 likes
Total likes: 747 likes

Post by Gsbgsb »

Awful England home kit. Up there with the worst ever. Where does that shade of blue (especially the shorts) come from. Navy might have been just about acceptable given the historical use of it as a colour.

Looks like something that might suit Finland (no disrespect to any Finns reading this) more than England.

Away kit is fine.
StevePottsGoalsReel
Has liked: 3195 likes
Total likes: 2330 likes

Post by StevePottsGoalsReel »

djbubbles wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 7:41 pm Well it is disgusting. Cheap and tacky. Looks like a fake. The orange at the bottom is horrid and is way worse than a pic or seeing it on tv. I didnt realise either that the orange is only on the front. If they continued around the back with it might have made it kinda bearable.
Saw it IRL for the first time at the weekend and it's absolutely shocking.

The orange pattern on the front is literally fuzzy, like it's been through an old photocopier 100 times over.

Like you, if it hadn't been in the official club shop I'd have assumed it was a cheap fake. Horrendous quality.
WestHamLyallStyle
Has liked: 1379 likes
Total likes: 999 likes

Post by WestHamLyallStyle »

You won't beat the England kit worn at the WC in '82.

First class.
Redlamp
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by Redlamp »

Went and had a look at the England shirts yesterday, wether you think they are pony or not, it was the first time I’ve ever looked at the authentic (player shirt) shirt, heat ready with all the lines and holes in the already thinner fabric, heat applied logos and badges. @ £115 I almost fell over, but anyway, you can really see the difference between the fan and player shirts, even when the players are wearing them on the pitch, but they only ever tend to be either Nike or Adidas.

anyone know if our players Umbro shirts are any different to the fans version? From closer inspection when playing on TV, I can’t see any difference in fabric, in fact I can’t see any difference at all. Having all that heat technology must help the players, I heard the other day Bayern Munich had to play in a Fan set of kits, and they almost passed out due to sweat, just thought ours should be getting as much help as they could get.

Umbro’s designs this year is enough to tear up what contract we have with them, so maybe we should switch. This will probably be unpopular but I’d like to see what Nike would do with our colours. I designed one the other day, even using their 22/23 dodgy template everyone has, and it came out pretty nice. Will try and post it in a bit.