UCL: Viborg FF 0-3 West Ham Utd (25/8/22)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

S-H
Has liked: 5738 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Re: ⚽ Viborg FF v West Ham United: match thread

Post by S-H »

davids cross wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 11:40 am Also interesting ( a bit) that when we ended the game in a four......it was Johnson who went to left back and Kehrer to right back. Could easily have been the other way round.

Just something small I noticed for the future.... see how that continues if needed again...:winker:
We've gone from barely having a starting eleven, to having multiple, interchangeable, options, for different positions..
w4hammer
Location: ..my heart says... West Ham.. my head says ...West Ham
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by w4hammer »

Doc H Ball wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 10:51 am Just left Viborg. Had a great few days in Denmark - lovely people and a beautiful place. Bit like stepping into a better future.

Viborg fans were fantastic. Didn’t hear a bad word, just best wishes and compliments.

Hoping the draw later is kind by giving us a couple of easy to get to matches in cheaper countries - I’ve spunked a load this week and will need to start targeting games more.

Quite a few Hammers dotted around on the trains making their way back. I’m always interested in their travel stories. Europe has rescued a lot of my love for the club, it feels like some sort of reward.
saw therewere ten west ham nicked after skirmishes at the end of the game-- is this true? Thoughts it was all back slapping and thumbs up !
Mod Life Crisis
Has liked: 16 likes
Total likes: 69 likes

Post by Mod Life Crisis »

Currently sat with a coffee in Copenhagen, having had a superb time in Viborg. Will be hard pressed to find a friendlier place.

Surprised to hear it kicked off after the game; nobody seemed even vaguely interested in anything there, other than having a drink and a chat.
davids cross
Uncle David
Has liked: 674 likes
Total likes: 1289 likes

Post by davids cross »

Dave Walker said it was brilliant out there.

Locals so lovely and friendly.

I've been out there before......always find them a wonderful/warm population of people....imo.
Doc H Ball
Has liked: 915 likes
Total likes: 1914 likes

Post by Doc H Ball »

w4hammer wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 2:47 pm saw therewere ten west ham nicked after skirmishes at the end of the game-- is this true? Thoughts it was all back slapping and thumbs up !
Saw and heard of nothing like that.
billywhitehorse
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 35 likes

Post by billywhitehorse »

Doc H Ball wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 3:53 pm Saw and heard of nothing like that.
No sign of any trouble at all. Probably the friendliest away ground I've ever been too. Their fans were all congratulating us, wishing good luck and offering to swap shirts. Even the police and security were really friendly.

Was out drinking with a mixed group of us and them until 5am.

Still in the town now and enjoying it. With a hangover.
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 758 likes
Total likes: 2937 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

Great trip to Viborg , I had us down to lose but Luca came up trumps putting in a good showing with some fabulous movement in the box. He might be good.

Solid stuff all around so no sign of a banana skin anywhere, but fair play to the Viborg fans, they backed their team, and nobody left early, staying to applaud their well beaten team off the park.It's not every day the World cup winners come to town, but the town of Viborg rolled out the red carpet for us and couldn't have been nicer.

I've been on Saga holidays with more grief, although to be fair given the age of our travelling support at one point I thought I was on a saga holiday, right down to the Chinese buffet having been stripped clean by the lads in front of us.

By some good fortune we were booked in to a hotel closer to the ground than many players can control the ball with their first touch, and they had put a singer on who gave us frequent renditions of Bubbles. And he got the words right as well.

Loads of Kumbers out there, all the usual attendees, but it looked like we had taken a few less than the 1100 sold tickets. Not a cheap trip, but a good one.Many thanks to our Danish hosts - they really couldn't have been friendlier.

As for the competition, well, maybe for once, UEFA have got it right. The good folk of Viborg will remember for many years to come the day West Ham United came to town, and I think thats great, proper sport.

Thousands of pints consumed, none thrown around, and as far as I could see, zero arrests. Think I saw three or four coppers.