UFC

Want to talk sport? The Forum to discuss all sports not related to the beautiful game.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

dasnutnock3
Has liked: 1859 likes
Total likes: 2446 likes

Re: UFC

Post by dasnutnock3 »

Just read that Chandler is fighting Poirier in November. I believe the term is “a must watch”.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1905 likes
Total likes: 1614 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

https://www.mmafighting.com/2022/9/7/23 ... s-new-deal

you're correct Dan..

A targeted fight between Michael Chandler and Dustin Poirier is official for UFC 281.

Multiple people with knowledge of the promotion’s plans confirmed to MMA Fighting the finalization of the three-round lightweight matchup after it was initially targeted for the pay-per-view event on Nov. 12 at Madison Square Garden in New York City. ESPN.com on Wednesday reported the fight booking.

The official placement of Chandler vs. Poirier on the fight card is not yet known; the ESPN+ pay-per-view card is headlined by a middleweight title fight between champ Israel Adesanya and Alex Pereira; the scheduled co-headliner fight is a strawweight title fight between champ Carla Esparza and Zhang Weili.
taust68
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 36 likes

Post by taust68 »

So not a lot of sports going on this weekend but ufc is still on, Chimaev was supposed to be fighting nate Diaz but failed to make weight so now Diaz is fighting Tony ferguson and chimaev is fighting Kevin Holland, which I think is better than the original fight card
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

what a good night's fignt..

Diaz dismantled Ferguson in the end.

Chimaev completely dismantled Holland. but the crown never stopped booing.

https://www.mmafighting.com/2022/9/11/2 ... m-and-more

Irene Aldana’s upkick KO to the liver on Macy Chiasson was absolutely sick

Johnny Walker was untouched I think

Considering the personal turmoil Barnett has been forced to overcome in 2022 — his wife and mother of his two children tragically passed away this summer — there are few people in MMA who deserve this type of celebration more.

Denis Tiuliulin def. Jamie Pickett Denis Tiuliulin def. Jamie Pickett via second-round TKO (4:52)

Tiuliuin looked really good.

Jailton Almeida def. Anton Turkalj Jailton Almeida def. Anton Turkalj via submission (RNC) (R1, 4:27)

think (iirc) Almeida looked absolutely brilliant..shouldn't be on the prelims any more...

having watched about 4 College games and then this, it was all getting a bit hazy toward the end...
dasnutnock3

Post by dasnutnock3 »

That upkick KO looked nasty. Not sure what the damage was, liver or ribs, but looked horribly painful.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

https://www.mmafighting.com/schedule

November 12, 2022

Main card (ESPN+ PPV at 10 p.m. ET)

Main Card

Israel Adesanya vs. Alex Pereira Title Fight
Carla Esparza vs. Zhang Weili Title Fight
Dominick Reyes vs. Ryan Spann
Erin Blanchfield vs. Molly McCann
Dan Hooker vs. Claudio Puelles
Dustin Poirier vs. Michael Chandler
dasnutnock3

Post by dasnutnock3 »

That is a sensational card.
taust68

Post by taust68 »

Cuenca 'ammer wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 11:49 pm what a good night's fignt..

Diaz dismantled Ferguson in the end.

Chimaev completely dismantled Holland. but the crown never stopped booing.

https://www.mmafighting.com/2022/9/11/2 ... m-and-more

Irene Aldana’s upkick KO to the liver on Macy Chiasson was absolutely sick

Johnny Walker was untouched I think

Considering the personal turmoil Barnett has been forced to overcome in 2022 — his wife and mother of his two children tragically passed away this summer — there are few people in MMA who deserve this type of celebration more.

Denis Tiuliulin def. Jamie Pickett Denis Tiuliulin def. Jamie Pickett via second-round TKO (4:52)

Tiuliuin looked really good.

Jailton Almeida def. Anton Turkalj Jailton Almeida def. Anton Turkalj via submission (RNC) (R1, 4:27)

think (iirc) Almeida looked absolutely brilliant..shouldn't be on the prelims any more...

having watched about 4 College games and then this, it was all getting a bit hazy toward the end...
Diaz was training for a five rounder ferguson was training for three, good fight though, Holland went to touch gloves with chimaev at the beginning of the fight chimaev immediately went for the takedown and Holland never managed to get up again, I think chimaev has made himself a very unpopular fighter
dasnutnock3

Post by dasnutnock3 »

Chimaev seems desperate to become the new heel. UFC hasn't really had one since Conor's heyday. Very very impressive fighter, though. I'd normally pour scorn on a fake glove touch, but he made no effort to and Holland only has himself to blame for leaving himself open for so long, so Chimaev gets a pass from me this time.

As for Diaz, what an absolute stud that guy is. He was brilliant on TUF, a real personality. Got plenty of time for the Diaz bros & the rest of the scrap pack. He's absolutely earned whatever opportunities come his way now.

As for Ferguson - I don't think this will lead to his walking papers, but 5 Ls on the bounce is very hard to come back from. He might get one more retirement fight against a declining force, but I don't see him getting any more, even if he wins.
dasnutnock3

Post by dasnutnock3 »

Cuenca 'ammer wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 1:47 pmAlex Pereira
He is a very scary man.
taust68

Post by taust68 »

dasnutnock3 wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 3:19 pm Chimaev seems desperate to become the new heel. UFC hasn't really had one since Conor's heyday. Very very impressive fighter, though. I'd normally pour scorn on a fake glove touch, but he made no effort to and Holland only has himself to blame for leaving himself open for so long, so Chimaev gets a pass from me this time.

As for Diaz, what an absolute stud that guy is. He was brilliant on TUF, a real personality. Got plenty of time for the Diaz bros & the rest of the scrap pack. He's absolutely earned whatever opportunities come his way now.

As for Ferguson - I don't think this will lead to his walking papers, but 5 Ls on the bounce is very hard to come back from. He might get one more retirement fight against a declining force, but I don't see him getting any more, even if he wins.
I can't believe they had ferguson down as favourite to win the fight especially over 5 rounds, I didn't watch it till the next day otherwise I might have had a bet
dasnutnock3

Post by dasnutnock3 »

I'd have bet on Ferguson TBH, his prime was a lot more recent than Diaz's.
Danny's Dyer Acting
Has liked: 642 likes
Total likes: 1853 likes

Post by Danny's Dyer Acting »

Saturday is going to be so good. Think this is the best card they've put on in quite some time.

Brilliant breakdown of the main event by Dan Hardy here.

dasnutnock3

Post by dasnutnock3 »

Yup, should be a banger tonight. Main card starts at 7pm BST but I think the undercard fights will be around 4 or 5pm. Worth a watch, this one.
Takeiteasy
Has liked: 2017 likes
Total likes: 685 likes

Post by Takeiteasy »

This is the card of the year for me. Even the prelims are decent.

Main event is the toughest to call. I’ll side with Oliveira as he’s so well rounded but anything could happen.

Yan should beat O’Malley if he pressures him from the off.

As much as Dillashaw has the experience and has been champ before, I see Sterling being too strong for him physically. It could be a long night on his back for TJ.
S-H
Has liked: 5739 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Post by S-H »

Currently watching the undercard.

Can't wait for this.
dasnutnock3

Post by dasnutnock3 »

Good win for Mahummad Mokaev earlier, steady improvement from the Dagestani-born Brit 👍
dasnutnock3

Post by dasnutnock3 »

Nice finish by Belal there. Lovely clobbering to get the stoppage.
dasnutnock3

Post by dasnutnock3 »

Khabib cornering Belal. Still an utterly terrifying human being.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

Paddy Pimblett vs. Jared Gordon official for UFC 282 in Las Vegas

On Saturday morning, the UFC announced via social media that Pimblett will face lightweight veteran Jared Gordon at UFC 282 on Dec. 10 in Las Vegas.