Away Tickets Thread - Another year nearly complete

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

@dave_boy
Has liked: 18 likes
Total likes: 4 likes

Re: Away Tickets - Liverpool 37+ Points on sale 9am Fri 16/9

Post by @dave_boy »

Interesting observation when I collected from the “ticket shed” last night in that the club were selling tickets for cash in front of me.
Doc H Ball
Has liked: 937 likes
Total likes: 1951 likes

Post by Doc H Ball »

@dave_boy wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 12:54 pm Interesting observation when I collected from the “ticket shed” last night in that the club were selling tickets for cash in front of me.
Really?

No armed robbery this time then.
We_are_BML
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 25 likes

Post by We_are_BML »

@dave_boy wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 12:54 pm Interesting observation when I collected from the “ticket shed” last night in that the club were selling tickets for cash in front of me.
Seems like common sense to me if there were still tickets left unless someone was lining their own pickets on the sly
Phil S
Has liked: 459 likes
Total likes: 378 likes

Post by Phil S »

Doc H Ball wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 12:53 pm Familiar faces all round last night.

Bet half are different at Anderlecht.
Had the club realised sales were slow / poor and condensed the selling times maybe, just maybe they'd have sold out.
I'm gutted not to have gone but for the group games I'm going to travel unless I'm sure I can get a ticket. I looked and looked and even a few days before I was so tempted but the logistics just didn't work for me.

Considering our AST and bondholders which outnumber the 720 that were on sale and still didn't sell out it seems even our elite support didn't bother.

Or, logistics and costs really have hit home for these games?
Anderlecht is easier to get to and cheaper. The club have no reason to not publish ticket / allocation details for this game (and FCSB) much earlier (other than they don't give a ****) We'll get a bigger allocation but no doubt a bigger uptake this time from corps, bondholders and AST so us pp plebs will likely miss out.

I've booked (re-booked as my airline looks like it's going to the wall) for Romania, let's hope I can get to that one if I miss out on Belgium.

This Europa saga really isn't easy.
@dave_boy

Post by @dave_boy »

We_are_BML wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 1:38 pm Seems like common sense to me if there were still tickets left unless someone was lining their own pickets on the sly
Agreed. £20 would get you in last night.
@dave_boy

Post by @dave_boy »

Doc H Ball wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 1:04 pm Really?

No armed robbery this time then.
Yep. The only weapon required this time was £20.
Essexmaniac
Has liked: 125 likes
Total likes: 143 likes

Post by Essexmaniac »

Doc H Ball wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 12:53 pm Familiar faces all round last night.

Bet half are different at Anderlecht.
Obviously. Bigger allocation. Plus there was people I know at the Silkeborg game that have never seen West Ham abroad before, plural.
Essexmaniac

Post by Essexmaniac »

It's also true that many of those familiar faces
( including several 'well known faces') won't be at Everton tomorrow, or many run of the run of the mill away days.
Mod Life Crisis
Total likes: 68 likes

Post by Mod Life Crisis »

I thought it was great seeing some younger faces in the away end on Thursday night and thought they added massively to the atmosphere (although could do without the beer-throwing; spend too much on my clobber to get it ruined). I am delighted to hear that some got to go for the first time and hope they get the opportunity for more overseas travel.

Essexmaniac, not sure if you’re having a dig with your last comment and not looking to have a pop myself, just an observation. Some of those “well-known faces” are in their 60s now and it gets harder to travel as you get older. I’m in my late 50s myself and although I kid myself I’m still a cool kid on the block, it gets more tiring every year. A lot of us didn’t get home until the early hours of this morning and we’ll be up again early doors tomorrow morning to drag our tired arses up north. If some of the Lads don’t fancy it, there’s no complaints from me.

As I say, not digging you out.
Essexmaniac

Post by Essexmaniac »

⬆️
My point was the misguided notion ( not be necessarily yours) that some of those old familiar faces are often deemed to be the most loyal travel everywhere fans.
Yes, many do, I know several. There's also many familiar and well known faces who do tend to cherry pick and only do the foreign trips, big games and cup ties at places we don't play often or have never played.

I don't see them as loyal, when many rarely if ever do home games or less attractive fixtures, that's all.
Kialos
Has liked: 1545 likes
Total likes: 769 likes

Post by Kialos »

Points are coming thick and fast. Liverpool and 2 for Blackburn added plus Silkeborg away

Doc H Ball
Has liked: 937 likes
Total likes: 1951 likes

Post by Doc H Ball »

Essexmaniac wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 6:58 pm ⬆️
My point was the misguided notion ( not be necessarily yours) that some of those old familiar faces are often deemed to be the most loyal travel everywhere fans.
My post may have set this hare running.

It was meant as a dig at corporate. They’ll be high demand from them for Anderlecht which means high pp and the youngsters who enjoyed Denmark will miss out.
Phil S
Has liked: 459 likes
Total likes: 378 likes

Post by Phil S »

Doc H Ball wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 9:33 pm My post may have set this hare running.

It was meant as a dig at corporate. They’ll be high demand from them for Anderlecht which means high pp and the youngsters who enjoyed Denmark will miss out.
Like the smaller allocations where there's no ballot - no way should corps get their grubby mitts on tickets for Anderlecht
Bubbles Murray
Location: 200 miles due north of Mecca ( Bingo Hall, Barking Road )
Has liked: 39 likes
Total likes: 26 likes

Post by Bubbles Murray »

:hamm:
Phil S wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 10:01 pm Like the smaller allocations where there's no ballot - no way should corps get their grubby mitts on tickets for Anderlecht

Totally agree, but can see the corporate set being offered the chance :(
Mod Life Crisis

Essexmaniac, thanks for the clarification and I fully understand where you’re coming from. The ones you are thinking of are not the ones I was defending. The vast majority of the Lads (and ladies) on my flight home last night will be at Everton tomorrow. In all honesty, most of the people out in Silkeborg were the ones I expected to see and who I see most away trips.

I do agree with what you say and can think of a few that fall into the category you describe. The earned their stripes way before I started going, so tend to have the (perhaps misguided) respect of me and my peers.
Essexmaniac

Post by Essexmaniac »

Doc H Ball wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 9:33 pm My post may have set this hare running.

:thup: Understood. Danger that some who have a good number of points to expect to go may miss out, with the clubs special ones benefitting. Sure to be a lot of fans out in Brussels watching in bars as it is.
We all know what will happen for Bournemouth too.
Essexmaniac

Post by Essexmaniac »

Mod Life Crisis wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 12:48 am Essexmaniac, thanks for the clarification and I fully understand where you’re coming from. The ones you are thinking of are not the ones I was defending. The vast majority of the Lads (and ladies) on my flight home last night will be at Everton tomorrow. In all honesty, most of the people out in Silkeborg were the ones I expected to see and who I see most away trips.

I do agree with what you say and can think of a few that fall into the category you describe. The earned their stripes way before I started going, so tend to have the (perhaps misguided) respect of me and my peers.
I agree. Also I do tend to concur about those earning their stripes, but not going to every- day games means they are obtaining tickets like ' the chancers' do. It's all about connections. I know there's ways to beat the system but it's often at the expense of those who do their best to get to every game possible. They don't.
Last edited by Essexmaniac on Sun Sep 18, 2022 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mod Life Crisis

Fair comment.
Julien Snow Bear
Has liked: 38 likes
Total likes: 114 likes

Post by Julien Snow Bear »

16 days until the Anderlecht away game, and still no ticket news.

They've known the date of the game for over 3 weeks already and still nothing. Presumably they're still waiting to hear back from all the corporates as to whether they want a ticket or not...
HarlowEssexHammer
Total likes: 65 likes

Post by HarlowEssexHammer »

Julien Snow Bear wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 3:58 pm 16 days until the Anderlecht away game, and still no ticket news.

They've known the date of the game for over 3 weeks already and still nothing. Presumably they're still waiting to hear back from all the corporates as to whether they want a ticket or not...
Recent trend has been to post sale times/breakdowns on the Wednesday, with highest points starting at 9am on the Friday. Ballache for me if Anderlecht follows that pattern, will be on a flight to Milan for Engerland