David Moyes' Claret and Blue Army!

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

il_martello_di_genovesi
Has liked: 688 likes
Total likes: 2035 likes

Re: David Moyes' Claret and Blue Army!

Post by il_martello_di_genovesi »

Ironing Board wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 8:55 pm There is no context to the stats. Due to Europe we’ve been often playing within ourselves in the first half.
That tends to happen when you play a back 5 and a double 6...
Ironing Board
Has liked: 2082 likes
Total likes: 1802 likes

Post by Ironing Board »

Rio wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 8:57 pm Fulfilling tactics? Now are you talking that game against Chelsea or the whole season? If the former then yes we were unlucky but there’s not a league table based on luck or even a ‘stat’ for XL (expected luck)

If you’re referring the season as a whole, then producing only halves of performances in the majority of league games and even making heavy weather of our European ventures then fulfilling tactics by being woeful is not what we need.
Maybe not, but players are human beings. They are not robots who you can just change up and let them go.
SullySpecial
Has liked: 263 likes
Total likes: 648 likes

Post by SullySpecial »

We haven’t been unlucky. We’ve been ****, and **** for quite some time.
Ironing Board

Post by Ironing Board »

Colours never run wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 8:51 pm What, these Stats...
Nope. Shots on target etc. Today we had more shots away from home and hit the inside of the bar and still lost.
Cardiff here we come.....
Has liked: 108 likes
Total likes: 126 likes

Post by Cardiff here we come..... »

Lomas wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 8:40 pm Simply not good enough!!! :angryred:
WTAF?

Imagine so called WH supporters calling our Manager a 'dour prick' after him leading us to a quality last couple of seasons.

Our own fans?

If the bloke can't turn around our fortunes then he goes, we thank him but is this level of anger & hate towards him justified?

Now do Kumbers believe that with some of our fans, Moyes face has never ever fit at WH, as the pile on is way OTT.

They've waited for this day.
Last edited by Up the Junction on Sun Sep 18, 2022 9:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Edited by moderator to remove profanity.
BondsoBob
Has liked: 583 likes
Total likes: 530 likes

Post by BondsoBob »

Ironing Board wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 8:55 pm There is no context to the stats. Due to Europe we’ve been often playing within ourselves in the first half. If we had a more extensive breakdown I imagine our performances would be quite variable in terms of first and second half approaches.
FFS IB, you are most definitely one of those people who would proverbially argue that black is white. :eh:
Ironing Board

Post by Ironing Board »

Cardiff here we come..... wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 9:00 pm
Nail on the head. Fact is, many are rubbing their hands together as they can finally get the knives out.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1993 likes
Total likes: 1670 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

il_martello_di_genovesi wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 8:54 pm They're actually really unlucky to be 2-0 down.

ah, but luck evens itself out over the course of the season..

:winker:

actually Griezman had the best chance and Courtois pulled out a good save. that pass to Rodrygo was ridiculous though...as was Modric's pass to Vini in the build up to Valverde's goal.. it's a pretty god watch to be fair.

but Atleti have been struggling for a while, with all of their attacking flair. if this goes South, then Mr. Simeone might be in the Boss' office pretty darn quick.

he's another who has done brilliantly there, but the winning has papered over a multitude of cracks. and it's not like they haven't given him loads of wedge to spend....

combined with the time Barca have been struggling in general he's had a 2 horse rather than a 3 or 4 horse race.
Last edited by Cuenca 'ammer on Sun Sep 18, 2022 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ironilunga
Has liked: 382 likes
Total likes: 1201 likes

Post by ironilunga »

BondsoBob wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 8:55 pm Blimey! That's a sweeping statement mate. 'We will probably win a cup this year' when we've won feck all in the last 42 years. :chin:
Just adding some much needed balance to the negativity. And yes, I think we’ll win the Conference League 👍
Ironing Board

Post by Ironing Board »

BondsoBob wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 9:01 pm FFS IB, you are most definitely one of those people who would proverbially argue that black is white. :eh:
How so? I’ve said Moyes needs to fix the form and I am pretty sure he would admit that. But that doesn’t change the fact that our luck has been very poor this year.

You win games through getting shots on goal and we have been doing that.
Bend it like Repka
Has liked: 367 likes
Total likes: 818 likes

Post by Bend it like Repka »

Am I really reading a number of views that views that we could be changing manager after 7 games?

Not an unproven manager, but someone who has delivered for the last two seasons.

We are 5 points off 9th!

Blimey.
MD_HM
Has liked: 35 likes
Total likes: 343 likes

Post by MD_HM »

Did Moyes pick Cresswell and Fornals over Emerson and Cornet today because a) he thinks they are the better players or b) as he didn't want the later two

Either answer is piss poor and why I think it's too late, just no excuse with an international break pending why those two didn't finally play.

Again, Paqueta taken off when we bring on Cornet and Scamacca, doesn't make sense

I think he wants a payout or is deluded
Exiledin cardiff
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 56 likes

Post by Exiledin cardiff »

This last performance was just one tiny step up from an Avram Grantesque display. Indeed, Moyes himself looked battered and bewildered as per the aforementioned manager. In fact, I think Moyes has if not lost the dressing room he has certainly misplaced it.

We have players of quite some ability but any inventiveness or creativity has been coached out of them, to the extent we play not to lose. Whether words have been had between manager and players, I don't know but it does appear they turn to Nolan. Oh for the days of Wally Downs on the sideline, or Scotty Parker and his half time pep talk.

I can't put my finger on what has caused this malaise to come over the club, but action needs be taken before we get dragged down to the championship.
Rio
Ronnie Biggs was here
Has liked: 164 likes
Total likes: 1112 likes

Post by Rio »

Ironing Board wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 8:58 pm Maybe not, but players are human beings. They are not robots who you can just change up and let them go.
Really? I’ve been watching us my entire life and not realised that.

I’ll add that to your plus point stats. XC expected clockworkness

Everything Moyes got right at the beginning of his tenure, has unravelled. The teams not working hard enough, not creative enough. The team spirit garnered throughout his spell looks eroded. It’s a team looking devoid of ideas, passion and leadership. Moyes has performed miracles to get us where we are, probably way ahead of schedule which leads to high expectations from all quarters. He’s got a squad now to cope with the demands of 2 games a week, but the fundamentals aren’t being met
Wilko1304
Location: "Once you start complicating things the end result is less inflatables"
Has liked: 1516 likes
Total likes: 3182 likes

Post by Wilko1304 »

He certainly should go with a lot of respect and affection, if he were to go. Some will not let go of their initial problem with hiring him - some, and a small but loud group on Twitter, more likely than here - but they should.

Mancini and Postecoglou would seem two names I expect linked. Can we pull Poch? I don't think it's likely, but he is available enough to ask. I just don't think it will be anyone too inspiring, I could see Rodgers fitting perfectly for them.

Mancini
Ange Postie (from a personal perspective, I would hate to be managed by an Aussie. But that's just cos I live there and I'd have to talk about it. And I'm miserable)
Rodgers
Poch
Parker (inevitable he'll be linked)

Allegri might be available soon, whilst I think Emery would give the Prem another crack (and would suit a Moyes side more than the Arsenal he took over). Sullivan seems to like Benitez...
Romfordboy
Has liked: 150 likes
Total likes: 288 likes

Post by Romfordboy »

Honest question, where are the goals and points coming from

We have 37 points from the last 35 games we are sleep walking to a bottom half finish after spending 180m
SullySpecial
Has liked: 263 likes
Total likes: 648 likes

Post by SullySpecial »

Romfordboy wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 9:07 pm Honest question, where are the goals and points coming from

We have 37 points from the last 35 games we are sleep walking to a bottom half finish after spending 180m
A bloke who is currently sitting on the bench. Only at West Ham could we be crying out for a striker for 18 months, buy one for big money, and not bloody play him. Madness.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6757 likes
Total likes: 2352 likes

Post by Colours never run »

Ironing Board wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 8:55 pm There is no context to the stats. Due to Europe we’ve been often playing within ourselves in the first half. If we had a more extensive breakdown I imagine our performances would be quite variable in terms of first and second half approaches.
Oh no, you're not hiding behind European football with the players we have been able to call upon in recent times, especially this season and in a weaker European competition. We have some serious Players these days and what we are producing, is pathetic both results and performance wise and its been going on for quite a while now, if you really want context.

He either needs to seriously pull his finger out and we see a change in form, or he needs to be ****ed off. With this Squad, this currently is just not acceptable. No justification for it whatsoever.
Ironing Board

Post by Ironing Board »

Rio wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 9:05 pm Really? I’ve been watching us my entire life and not realised that.

I’ll add that to your plus point stats. XC expected clockworkness

Everything Moyes got right at the beginning of his tenure, has unravelled. The teams not working hard enough, not creative enough. The team spirit garnered throughout his spell looks eroded. It’s a team looking devoid of ideas, passion and leadership. Moyes has performed miracles to get us where we are, probably way ahead of schedule which leads to high expectations from all quarters. He’s got a squad now to cope with the demands of 2 games a week, but the fundamentals aren’t being met
The only people who know that are the players.

All I know is saying stuff like we are 19th on certain stats over x number of games makes no sense. How do we gauge stats for say, Fulham and Watford over this period? Both were part of the league during parts of the run.

In fact, we do not even have the actual data. How big is the difference between 19 and 10th, for example?
bristolhammerfc
Has liked: 212 likes
Total likes: 671 likes

Post by bristolhammerfc »

Cardiff here we come..... wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 9:00 pm WTAF?

Imagine so called WH supporters calling our Manager a 'dour prick' after him leading us to a quality last couple of seasons.

Our own fans? F**king hell.

If the bloke can't turn around our fortunes then he goes, we thank him but is this level of anger & hate towards him justified?

Now do Kumbers believe that with some of our fans, Moyes face has never ever fit at WH, as the pile on is way OTT.

Like you did with Bilic