NFL For Dummies

Want to talk sport? The Forum to discuss all sports not related to the beautiful game.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

WCpete
Has liked: 1404 likes
Total likes: 3070 likes

Re: NFL For Dummies

Post by WCpete »

Different angle.

WCpete

Post by WCpete »

Would love to be able to see this Bills v Dolphins game. 14-14 at the moment. We’re stuck with the Raiders v Titans or Chiefs v Colts. 2 less interesting games would be hard to find. And screw the Raiders. They’re not from here anymore. We shouldn’t have to watch their games.
simon hammer
Has liked: 961 likes
Total likes: 738 likes

Post by simon hammer »

Fingers crossed Tua will be ok. Looked concussed when he got up, then stumbled around for a bit before being led away from the field. Bit of a naughty tackle after he'd thrown the ball.

Texans better beat the Bears ffs...
wolf359
Has liked: 1561 likes
Total likes: 1709 likes

Post by wolf359 »

simon hammer wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 8:11 pm Fingers crossed Tua will be ok. Looked concussed when he got up, then stumbled around for a bit before being led away from the field. Bit of a naughty tackle after he'd thrown the ball.

Texans better beat the Bears ffs...
I’m amazed he was back in playing after half hour. Can’t be right he looked really wobbly.

Bears won on a last second FG I’m afraid.
simon hammer

Post by simon hammer »

wolf359 wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 9:44 pm I’m amazed he was back in playing after half hour. Can’t be right he looked really wobbly.

Bears won on a last second FG I’m afraid.
Yeah...saw the bears get that fg.

Kudos to Tua for getting back out there, and despite trying their best to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory, the Dolphins find themselves 3 and 0!!!

Good start for the Packers down in Tampa, our rookie Romeo Doubs has three catches and his first td.

Looks stupidly hot (wish I was there tbh)!
WCpete

Post by WCpete »

I hate when the Giants wear white at home to the Cowboys.

Having said that, I love that the Gmen are using the uni from the 80's/90's again. My favorite by far.

3-3 early 2nd qtr, but Dallas is dominating both lines. Going to be hard to beat Dallas unless the lines tighten up some. Not sure how Holmes didn't get called for PI right there. 4 point mistake by the refs.

4th down gamble by the Giants with 12 seconds left in the half was mindless. Just plain dumb. It very nearly cost them.
Shabu
Has liked: 4161 likes
Total likes: 2014 likes

Post by Shabu »

WCpete

Post by WCpete »

yeah, good win o'er Bills. It's been a while since those were the top 2 teams in the AFCE.

As for the Jints, but for Daniel Jones, a dropped ball and some bad refereeing, that score wouldn't have been as close.
bitter-iron-ny
Has liked: 198 likes
Total likes: 221 likes

Post by bitter-iron-ny »

WCpete wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 7:00 pm

As for the Jints, but for Daniel Jones, a dropped ball and some bad refereeing, that score wouldn't have been as close.
Opinions, eh? Thought is was one of Daniel Jones best games in 3 years. Moved around the pocket ok, sensed danger most of the time and either threw it away or ran it judiciously. Minimal number of negative plays. Only one "oh crap" throw, which fortunately wasn't picked. O-line was garbage - sorry, I mean a work in progress. D-line not the same without Big Leonard. Olujari and Thibodeaux did almost nothing in their first appearance of the season. Can't win if you don't control either LOS.

Refs, as always, are garbage. Probably six really bad calls: two helped the Giants but the rest unsurprisingly went the other way. Can't stand when FU Joe Buck and Aikman do this game, or really any Dallas game. Easily 80% of the conversation about only one team. It's just not good for my blood pressure.
WCpete

Post by WCpete »

I guess I worded it poorly. What I meant was, but for Jones essentially being their only source of offense, Lamb dropping a would be TD ball, a crazy non PI call and other assorted terrible refereeing calls, the Cowboys would have won by a lot. Jones had 0 protection, but still moved the ball, mostly by himself. And he still managed to pass the downfield when he needed to. It was a mature performance, and it was confident and competent. If no Jones then no contest in this one.
WCpete

Post by WCpete »

simon hammer wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 9:58 pm Yeah...saw the bears get that fg.

Kudos to Tua for getting back out there, and despite trying their best to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory, the Dolphins find themselves 3 and 0!!!

Good start for the Packers down in Tampa, our rookie Romeo Doubs has three catches and his first td.

Looks stupidly hot (wish I was there tbh)!
Looks like he shouldn't have been allowed to play again on Sunday. Hope he's ok. Doesn't look right.

wolf359
Has liked: 1561 likes
Total likes: 1709 likes

Post by wolf359 »

Just caught up on the Tua thing. I called it from my sofa on Sunday. Heads should roll (pardon the pun) for this and Miami pretending it was a back injury on Sunday is shocking.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1904 likes
Total likes: 1612 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

wolf359 wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 6:12 pm Just caught up on the Tua thing. I called it from my sofa on Sunday. Heads should roll (pardon the pun) for this and Miami pretending it was a back injury on Sunday is shocking.
they started all of this "concussion protocol" as I'm sure you know, due to players being chucked back in too soon.

they probably said "back injury" due to him having to sit out a minimum mandatory week I think it is due to the protocol rules. from the head coach on down, there should be a full inquiry and my guess is, some lowly stiff will get canned. the rest will trot out the "we relied on reports from our medical staffer"

dreadful. they should make him sit at least 3 weeks. if not more. everyone else involved should also be either canned or suspended. canned imvho.
bitter-iron-ny

Post by bitter-iron-ny »

Cuenca 'ammer wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 7:09 pm

dreadful. they should make him sit at least 3 weeks. if not more. everyone else involved should also be either canned or suspended. canned imvho.

NFL Players Association terminates Unaffiliated Neurotrauma Consultant involved in Bills-Dolphins controversy
Posted by Mike Florio on October 1, 2022, 1:56 PM EDT

The official investigation regarding the decision to clear Dolphins quarterback Tua Tagovailoa remains pending. For now, however, the NFL Players Association has decided to take action.

Per a source with knowledge of the situation, the NFLPA has exercised its prerogative to terminate the Unaffiliated Neurotrauma Consultant involved in the decision to clear Tua to return to action.

The concussion protocol provides that players who demonstrate gross motor instability may return only if the team physician, in consultation with the UNC, determines that the instability did not have a neurological cause.

Although specific findings have not been made regarding how and why Tua returned, the union lost confidence in the UNC, given that the impairment of the player was obvious. Based on the available video, Tua should not have returned.

Ravens coach John Harbaugh made that point on Friday, as tactfully as he could.

“I couldn’t believe what I saw last Sunday,” Harbaugh said regarding Tua clearly wobbling and later returning to the game. “It was just something that was astonishing to see. I’ve been coaching for 40 years now, college in the NFL, almost 40, and I’ve never seen anything like it before. I couldn’t believe what I was seeing.”

The NFLPA couldn’t believe it, either. And the union saw enough to move on from the UNC who was involved in the situation, regardless of the investigation’s specific findings.
pablo jaye
Has liked: 2563 likes
Total likes: 924 likes

Post by pablo jaye »

… where it says the NFLPA have terminated the consultant, I am presuming it’s their contract…
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1904 likes
Total likes: 1612 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

after a dismal call in the first week, punting on a 4th and 1 to accept a tie, we're down today, get a 3rd and don't make it, fourth and 1 put in a full back and running back, then decided to pass the ball and the qb gets sacked.

:swear: :swear: :swear:

lost again. well got battered again.
WCpete

Post by WCpete »

Fortunately your mob is only 2 games back in the division. You're still in it. That said, I miss the Oilers. Bring'em back.

Last play in the Giants game was good entertainment.

bitter-iron-ny

Post by bitter-iron-ny »

pablo jaye wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 8:28 am … where it says the NFLPA have terminated the consultant, I am presuming it’s their contract…
I think according to the CBA, which established this setup, that either the league or the union could terminate the contract for cause.

Messaging from assorted commentators yesterday was both that:

-The system in place is fine, just needs to be understood and enforced better

-The system is inadequate and needs to be overhauled

Many were saying both at the same time, despite the obvious contradiction. Cris Collinsworth immediately comes to mind with this duplicity.
simon hammer

Post by simon hammer »

Bloody hell...Packers left that late!

Also...the Jets!!!
Cockneyboy311
Has liked: 538 likes
Total likes: 410 likes

Post by Cockneyboy311 »

Man the bloody 49'ers. Just cant beat those guys. Proper bogey team.