1,700 Liverpool fans can't be wrong [non WHU]

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Wilko1304, -DL-, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks, Gnome, last.caress

Take It Easy
Has liked: 162 likes
Total likes: 64 likes

Re: 1,700 Liverpool fans can't be wrong [non WHU]

Post by Take It Easy »

chalks wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 5:24 pm Don’t believe a word of it, sorry

The away support of Liverpool have been doing exactly that for decades. Way before Hillsborough, and (possibly worse given what happened in Sheffield), for decades after. Law of averages said at some stage people would get hurt
Hillsborough, Heysel, Paris… three Police forces all at fault.. don’t you know…
Eggs'n'nuts
Has liked: 94 likes
Total likes: 107 likes

Post by Eggs'n'nuts »

Just remove The 1,700 from the title of this thread and you get nearer the truth.
btajim - mcfc
There when they were sh*t
Has liked: 27 likes
Total likes: 123 likes

Post by btajim - mcfc »

They’ve even published books detailing the jibbing, thieving and fighting across Europe before they got us all banned for years.

Over commemorating Hillsborough was a way of diverting attention from all the problems they genuinely did cause. You never hear as much about the Munich air disaster, the Bradford fire, Chelsea and Leicester officials, Sala etc.
SullySpecial
Has liked: 96 likes
Total likes: 184 likes

Post by SullySpecial »

This comment was removed by a moderator because it failed to abide by our community standards. For more details, please refer to the Forum Terms of Use. Replies may also be deleted.
D C
Has liked: 393 likes
Total likes: 256 likes

Post by D C »

From what I understand jibbing in to games and gigs was commonplace in the 70’s and 80’s. I know some salt of the earth cockney’s that went to 4 F.A Cup Finals and didn’t pay once…
btajim - mcfc
There when they were sh*t
Has liked: 27 likes
Total likes: 123 likes

Post by btajim - mcfc »

D C wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 9:23 pm From what I understand jibbing in to games and gigs was commonplace in the 70’s and 80’s. I know some salt of the earth cockney’s that went to 4 F.A Cup Finals and didn’t pay once…
Think about Liverpool fans attacking City’s team bus. No arrests. The Roma supporter who seriously hurt a Liverpool fan is now doing time.

Carragher has recently had to come out and inform Scousers that naming the man who murdered that 9 year old girl isn’t grassing. That’s how ignorant and disgusting they can be.
e17
Has liked: 236 likes
Total likes: 541 likes

Post by e17 »

You will never ever read a BBC piece that is even slightly critical of their support. This is a big part of where the disdain for them comes from and why they’re generally loathed by oppo support, despite having as many decent travellers as bad ones.

It’s no shock at how many of their chief reporters have previously worked at the Echo, etc.

The recent Queen stuff is a perfect example - not even a murmur about the fact they couldn’t even stay respectful for 30 seconds.
djbubbles
Has liked: 29 likes
Total likes: 31 likes

Post by djbubbles »

Ive just put on my black armband to read this thread
Toulouse_Iron
The boy's got form
Location: A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth can get its pants on
Has liked: 68 likes
Total likes: 88 likes

Post by Toulouse_Iron »

Salt of the Earth.
Wouldn't say a word against the......fill in blanks.....
Hate them with a passion. Coincidences do exist, you know.....
Kermit
Has liked: 65 likes
Total likes: 146 likes

Post by Kermit »

e17 wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 11:10 pm You will never ever read a BBC piece that is even slightly critical of their support. This is a big part of where the disdain for them comes from and why they’re generally loathed by oppo support, despite having as many decent travellers as bad ones.

It’s no shock at how many of their chief reporters have previously worked at the Echo, etc.

The recent Queen stuff is a perfect example - not even a murmur about the fact they couldn’t even stay respectful for 30 seconds.
Oh Please !!! FFS. Whatever your opinion of Liverpool fans you can hardly condemn them en masse for the irresponsible behavious of a small precentage of a 50,000 pls crowd.

I don''t know how old you are byut I'm old enough to remember the National Front handing out leaflets and trying to recruit members in Green Street prior to our home matches. A few people joined up and, just like you are doing, some people jumped to the conclusion that ALL West Ham fans were neo nazis.

We all know there were some Liverpool fans without tickets at Hillsborough. Just as we know there were serious errors on the part of the police. Unfortunately as always seems to happen in these scenarios it was probably the poor sods with legitimate tickets at the front of the ground who were crushed whilst the scumbags trying to get a freebie walked away. Doesn't excuse the proven cover up subsequently though , does it ?
Toulouse_Iron
The boy's got form
Location: A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth can get its pants on
Has liked: 68 likes
Total likes: 88 likes

Post by Toulouse_Iron »

beers,please ignore. When will I learn?
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 610 likes
Total likes: 397 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

Toulouse_Iron wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 1:41 am beers,please ignore. When will I learn?
It's an emotive subject. Some on here never miss an opportunity to put the boot in.....again.
chalks
Sliding down his pole
Has liked: 170 likes
Total likes: 492 likes

Post by chalks »

westham,eggyandchips wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 7:02 am It's an emotive subject. Some on here never miss an opportunity to put the boot in.....again.
Who’s putting the boot in?
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 610 likes
Total likes: 397 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

D C wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 9:23 pm From what I understand jibbing in to games and gigs was commonplace in the 70’s and 80’s. I know some salt of the earth cockney’s that went to 4 F.A Cup Finals and didn’t pay once…
I'm sorry DC, but I'm afraid only Liverpool fans do it.
Pete647580
Has liked: 664 likes
Total likes: 306 likes

Post by Pete647580 »

Liverpool hosts the UK's by biggest Anglican cathedral and the world's largest and most prolonged sense of grievance.
chalks
Sliding down his pole
Has liked: 170 likes
Total likes: 492 likes

Post by chalks »

westham,eggyandchips wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 9:33 am I'm sorry DC, but I'm afraid only Liverpool fans do it.
I can’t see anywhere where anyone has suggested only Liverpool supporters do it, the difference is that where other clubs may have a couple of dozen that try, they tend to have at least couple of hundred. Week in week out.

Anyone that’s been going to stadiums since the 70’s knows about Liverpool. I remember at the time of Hillsborough so many people saying ‘well that’s been coming’

The failure of it being acknowledged in the report is, in my opinion, wrong. The fact that the whole of Liverpool ignore that it played a part, is embarrassing. That they continue it to this day, in equally large numbers, just about sums them up.
Kermit
Has liked: 65 likes
Total likes: 146 likes

Post by Kermit »

chalks wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 10:57 am I can’t see anywhere where anyone has suggested only Liverpool supporters do it, the difference is that where other clubs may have a couple of dozen that try, they tend to have at least couple of hundred. Week in week out.

Anyone that’s been going to stadiums since the 70’s knows about Liverpool. I remember at the time of Hillsborough so many people saying ‘well that’s been coming’

The failure of it being acknowledged in the report is, in my opinion, wrong. The fact that the whole of Liverpool ignore that it played a part, is embarrassing. That they continue it to this day, in equally large numbers, just about sums them up.
Are you saying that the mob who triedto gatecrash Wembley without tickets at the Final of the Euros were shipped down from Liverpool to orchestrate the gate crashing ?
Mr McGauley
Has liked: 258 likes
Total likes: 3 likes

Post by Mr McGauley »

Take It Easy wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 4:48 pm Sadly yes.
Anyone remember Loftus Road many moons ago? Got there late(ish) with a mate and I had a bad feeling about the numbers there, without knowing what was going on. I found a wall/barrier and stood back against it. Within 5 minutes of getting in, he’d been forced onto the pitch and I was still at the back by the wall.
I was at the front one evening game there. Police wouldn't move us to the empty stand on our left, despite the obvious crush that was occurring. We ended up jumping over the wall onto the pitch to get away from it
Essexmaniac
Has liked: 55 likes
Total likes: 68 likes

Post by Essexmaniac »

Kermit wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 11:05 am Are you saying that the mob who triedto gatecrash Wembley without tickets at the Final of the Euros were shipped down from Liverpool to orchestrate the gate crashing ?
Must have been at our game in Genk last season too.
e17
Has liked: 236 likes
Total likes: 541 likes

Post by e17 »

:wink:
Kermit wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 12:56 am Oh Please !!! FFS. Whatever your opinion of Liverpool fans you can hardly condemn them en masse for the irresponsible behavious of a small precentage of a 50,000 pls crowd.

I don''t know how old you are byut I'm old enough to remember the National Front handing out leaflets and trying to recruit members in Green Street prior to our home matches. A few people joined up and, just like you are doing, some people jumped to the conclusion that ALL West Ham fans were neo nazis.

We all know there were some Liverpool fans without tickets at Hillsborough. Just as we know there were serious errors on the part of the police. Unfortunately as always seems to happen in these scenarios it was probably the poor sods with legitimate tickets at the front of the ground who were crushed whilst the scumbags trying to get a freebie walked away. Doesn't excuse the proven cover up subsequently though , does it ?
Read what I’ve said again Kermit…

As I’ve previously stated on this very forum, I was at games in the 80s where we felt like we were a breath away from experiencing Hillsboro ourselves before the events of that day happened, both WHU and as a neutral at places like the old Wembley, Turin and Heysel…

I also spent a good 10 years working at the Beeb, so I’m fairly clued up as to the level of biased and partial reporting that goes on there. They’ve a history of treating all things Merseyside as being beyond reproach or worse still, with martyrdom.

I was explaining where a lot of the mass dislike for their lot originates from, not claiming our glass house is impervious to stones mate!
Last edited by e17 on Sat Sep 24, 2022 2:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.