Qatar 22: England group match dates

All discussion relating to international tournaments including qualifying groups/matches. Since 2006.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 748 likes
Total likes: 3444 likes

Qatar 22: England group match dates

Post by Up the Junction »

Might've been better to play the Welsh first as England rarely start tournaments well, but hopefully qualification will be in the bag by the time the two meet.

vietnammer
Bucky the beaver
Has liked: 618 likes
Total likes: 578 likes

Re: Qatar 22: England group match dates

Post by vietnammer »

Been dreaming of England v Iran ever since we got married. Now it's 1:30 on a b*stard Monday. Throwing up a sickie would be too obvious. Will book as regular holiday. Even then it'd be suspect. :cry:
taust68
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 36 likes

Post by taust68 »

At least the next two are on at a decent time, especially usa game
r99c
Has liked: 682 likes
Total likes: 392 likes

Post by r99c »

vietnammer wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 6:47 pm Been dreaming of England v Iran ever since we got married. Now it's 1:30 on a b*stard Monday. Throwing up a sickie would be too obvious. Will book as regular holiday. Even then it'd be suspect. :cry:
You're married to a Persian bird? Corrrr :eyes:

Shame about the time for that game if we're talking UK.

Pubs are going to be mental for England v USA, Friday night and *should* be the win that seals our qualification from the group.
btajim - mcfc
There when they were sh*t
Has liked: 72 likes
Total likes: 440 likes

Post by btajim - mcfc »

“Hey, Welshie! We’ve drawn yous in the World Cup! We’ll have to watch the match together in Spuds and have a banter.”

Yes, Dean. That’s really going to happen.
Daytonahammer
Has liked: 103 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Post by Daytonahammer »

I'm watching the yanks play El Salvador and this pitch is f*cking grim. Honestly think Wales top our group and we have to slog it out with the yanks.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

Iran in the first Group match is not a gimme
vietnammer
Bucky the beaver

Post by vietnammer »

Puff Daddy wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 10:16 am Iran in the first Group match is not a gimme
Agree. A year ago (and before) I thought differently mostly cos of the kind of teams we play vs their major experience in the Asian cup. Not so sure right now. Only player I'm familiar with is Jakanbaksh, who used to turn out for Brighton but was more often a sub. Now at Feyenoord and scored in their most recent international match.
They're pretty tidy in Asian competition terms. Iran is involved in a proxy war with Saudi and are no friends of the Gulf states + current turmoil at home. Dunno if that will affect them. Come on England!
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 248 likes
Total likes: 1160 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

vietnammer wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 7:47 am Agree. A year ago (and before) I thought differently mostly cos of the kind of teams we play vs their major experience in the Asian cup. Not so sure right now. Only player I'm familiar with is Jakanbaksh, who used to turn out for Brighton but was more often a sub. Now at Feyenoord and scored in their most recent international match.
They're pretty tidy in Asian competition terms. Iran is involved in a proxy war with Saudi and are no friends of the Gulf states + current turmoil at home. Dunno if that will affect them. Come on England!
He's probably the one we're most famiar with, but they also have quite a few others. Medhi Taremi of FC Porto, Sardar Azmoun of Bayer Leverkussen and Brentford's Saman Ghoddas, are all dangerous forwards. Have to say, I didn't know Ghoddas is Iranian, but hadn't really thought about it
TimSandberg56

Post by TimSandberg56 »

England this time seems a tough competent team for this world cup. Here are the dates:

Mon, Nov. 21 England vs. Iran
Fri, Nov. 25 England vs. USA
Tues, Nov. 29 Wales vs. England

However the official matches streamed anywhere for the people who don't want to go to QATAR. xd
vietnammer
Bucky the beaver

Post by vietnammer »

Puff Daddy wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 9:37 am He's probably the one we're most famiar with, but they also have quite a few others. Medhi Taremi of FC Porto, Sardar Azmoun of Bayer Leverkussen and Brentford's Saman Ghoddas, are all dangerous forwards. Have to say, I didn't know Ghoddas is Iranian, but hadn't really thought about it
Thanks Puff. I didn't know about these, now I can impress Iranian friends with my eclectic knowledge!