Declan Rice

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6757 likes
Total likes: 2352 likes

Re: Declan Rice

Post by Colours never run »

He's not a million miles away, his problem is he just doesn't produce enough quality in the final 3rd of the pitch in open play. He doesn't have the composure, eye for a pass or shooting ability yet to justify being around the box. Anywhere in our Defensive and Middle thirds of the pitch, absolutely but beyond that middle third he starts to look out of his depth and we end up losing our shape as a Team with him well out of position with holes appearing. If he can rectify the end product of decent chances created and goals scored, then by all means demand he plays as a box to box. Right now, just stick to what you do best, Dec for both our sake and for his own game.
MB
Cricket's Darren Anderton
Has liked: 5678 likes
Total likes: 3096 likes

Post by MB »

I agree CRN in terms of end product but then the tactics have to change as at the moment his runs are one of the few reliable ways we have of progressing the ball up the field.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"

Aye, I don't mind it when he bursts forward occasionally with the ball as he's so good at it, I just want him to turn lay the ball off to more capable creative players and look to get back into position again quick. I'm just not liking it where he loiters about looking to stay up there leaving us susceptible to the counter. And last night was a good example of the kind of right balance he had mostly defending excellently with very brief moments of carrying the ball forward and laying it off to Bellingham and others, without overdoing it. It was disciplined and controlled and by playing mostly like that will see him controlling games more for us again in the middle. 👌
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1858 likes
Total likes: 2107 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

I feel he takes the ball too far when he makes his runs forward. He runs up to the back line and is then at a loss about to what to do when he gets there. He susually tops, turns and passes back, losing any momentum in the attack. If he laid the ball off ten or twenty yards outside the penalty area and gave it to those who are more able to do playmaker things we'd all be better off.
Georgee Paris
Location: The Amazing Adventures of Wicked Willy & Fearless Steve
Has liked: 495 likes
Total likes: 1042 likes

Post by Georgee Paris »

I think he needs a haircut
mumbles87
Has liked: 55 likes
Total likes: 948 likes

Post by mumbles87 »

Georgee Paris wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 10:34 am I think he needs a haircut
nail on the head.. his issues started when he got rid of his sensible hair cut.
Beavis Danzig
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 782 likes

Post by Beavis Danzig »

Georgee Paris wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 10:34 am I think he needs a haircut
the opposite, needs to grow it out to acquire a bonzo mullet.
BondsoBob
Has liked: 583 likes
Total likes: 530 likes

Post by BondsoBob »

:twisted:
Beavis Danzig wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 11:00 am the opposite, needs to grow it out to acquire a bonzo mullet.
Agreed :thup: Bring back the long hair and beards of the swashbuckling buccaneer look of the mid 70's era like Billy Bonds. Frank Lampard Snr, Graham Paddon and Keith Robson. It worked! We used to win things (occasionally).
Big George
Has liked: 126 likes
Total likes: 279 likes

Post by Big George »

Deccer's not happy with his workload
HammerMan2004
Has liked: 526 likes
Total likes: 1319 likes

Post by HammerMan2004 »

Alternatively…

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63152776

“I want to play as many games as I can”.
Colours never run

He'd play a similar amount of games now in his career for any top 4 side, so it's just something he'll have to get used too and accept if he wants to play for England/playing regularly in Europe. Always good for the manager to identify this and try and give him little breathers here and there though, which I've stated previously that both Sotugate and Moyes should manage better with. He's played in some game that just weren't necessary for both Club and Country this past year or so.
Aztec Hammer
Has liked: 867 likes
Total likes: 4277 likes

Post by Aztec Hammer »

If ever there was an example of the media completely twisting something to create a narrative.

It's pretty much the exact opposite of what the actual content of his words meant.
funky chicken
Has liked: 322 likes
Total likes: 1225 likes

Post by funky chicken »

Yep. Even without seeing the original interview if there was one thing I could never imagine Declan complaining about it’s the amount of games he is playing.

Growing up, I could imagine him being that annoying kid who lived in your road who was constantly knocking on your door every day, asking if you fancied a kick about at the park.

Non-story.
MB
Cricket's Darren Anderton
Has liked: 5678 likes
Total likes: 3096 likes

Post by MB »

Exactly, it was Moyes raising concerns over the number of games because Rice wants to play all of them!

Rice must be doing something right if sections of the media are looking to twist his words.
Danny's Dyer Acting
Has liked: 646 likes
Total likes: 1858 likes

Post by Danny's Dyer Acting »

only1post
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 86 likes

Post by only1post »

With our new signings showing some real promise, would now be a good time to push the boat out financially and try another contract offer?
BMLGirl
Has liked: 187 likes
Total likes: 68 likes

Post by BMLGirl »

Rice + Paqueta = dream team. From what I’ve seen so far, link up really well together.
thamesideiron
Has liked: 130 likes
Total likes: 203 likes

Post by thamesideiron »

Saw him line one up to-nite...a quick nah f**k that and laid a square ball that got cut off...should have shot Dec,one'll fly in mate,
you got it in you,2/3 screamers..2/3 headers/ tap ins a season...everyones happy..Mainly you, we're all happy as it is.... :smiler:
DublinDave
Has liked: 2751 likes
Total likes: 1781 likes

Post by DublinDave »

He can see the talent & potential these new signings bring to the team.
If he doesn't sign a new contract by Christmas, we need to cash in & sign a new captain.
Breaks my heart to say it 💔
GetUrWangOut
Has liked: 80 likes
Total likes: 85 likes

Post by GetUrWangOut »

BMLGirl wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 8:32 pm Rice + Paqueta = dream team. From what I’ve seen so far, link up really well together.
Who’s the third though? Would love to see Fornals in there and we really go for it. Think he’s the only one in the squad atm that can operate on the same wavelength