Little things that irritate you

Anything goes in The Snug, General Discussion's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity where any subject not covered elsewhere may be discussed. Well, anything except golf, Star Wars and Arsenal.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

S-H
Has liked: 5739 likes
Total likes: 9649 likes

Re: Little things that irritate you

Post by S-H »

swash wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 3:00 pm Posh b*stard, eat Custard Creams like the rest of us :grin:
One of the lads who works for me, is Canadian, every time he flies home, he brings these back with him.
OFT
Has liked: 2995 likes
Total likes: 1758 likes

Post by OFT »

Multi-function digital central heating programmers.....*u*k reet off.

Spend ages trying to set the bleedin thing and then it switched itself off at the very end, just way too complicated and still comes on seemingly at random. Suffered it last winter but not now with gas priced as it is.

Hopefully mines being replaced tomorrow with a big on/off switch that's as fussy as I need it.

:arry:
Algarve Hammer
Has liked: 18 likes
Total likes: 9 likes

Post by Algarve Hammer »

Having spent close to €1600 on four reconditioned injectors for my Pick-up and another €150 to have them fitted, I boxed up the old ones and took them to a DPD agent to send them to Berlin for a partial refund of €240, the exchange price, after 7 days they had not moved from the drop off point, so today I went there to discover some ****wit had put them on the wrong shelf and they were expecting me to collect them! After some heated dialogue they agreed to send them to Germany tomorrow, I am not confident that will happen, the joys of car maintenance eh?
vietnammer
Bucky the beaver
Has liked: 621 likes
Total likes: 579 likes

Post by vietnammer »

50 messages a minute currently coming up on my internet from the global company I work for. I like marimbas in music, but not the same two ****ing notes every minute. I must have hit the wrong button yesterday. Going to shut down/re-start to se if it stops.

UPDATE ON SERIOUS SITUATION. Shutting down hasn't stopped the marimbas. Got to go to e-mail settings.
Polaroid
Has liked: 613 likes
Total likes: 220 likes

Post by Polaroid »

Jonah wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 5:39 am Dalaman Airport

360 TL (£17) for two waters. Still, wasnt as bad as the guy in front of me getting 6 beers at 370 TL each. :lol:

Absolute piss taking at its finest.
'kin'ell that's a tad excessive.
Went through there on Thursday night and "only" paid 80TL (£4) for a coffee in a proper mug which I thought was brilliant for Dalaman.
Then I dropped it as I went to sit down, hence the irritation :crylol:
pablo jaye
Has liked: 2563 likes
Total likes: 926 likes

Post by pablo jaye »

The Carling ad where the ‘mates’ pretend a goal has been scored whilst their ‘pal’ is in the bog … a p*ss poor ad, advertising a p*ss poor lager.
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2426 likes
Total likes: 2637 likes

Post by sendô »

pablo jaye wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 9:30 am The Carling ad where the ‘mates’ pretend a goal has been scored whilst their ‘pal’ is in the bog … a p*ss poor ad, advertising a p*ss poor lager.
Yeah, made worse by the fact they've clearly gone out of their way to tick all of the gender/ethnicity/sexuality boxes.
sendô

Post by sendô »

How dependant I've become on my phone.

I'm always careful to try and avoid being dependent on the thing, so I still carry a separate train ticket rather than have in on the phone, pay with my bank card rather than through the app all the time etc. Yet with my phone screen being broken I can't get onto my banking app to check balance and payments. Worse still, because it's been so long since I logged on via a laptop it wants to send me a confirmation code to my phone.

I'm going to have to walk into a branch at this rate. Does anyone know where there might be one still?
S-H

Post by S-H »

pablo jaye wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 9:30 am The Carling ad where the ‘mates’ pretend a goal has been scored whilst their ‘pal’ is in the bog … a p*ss poor ad, advertising a p*ss poor lager.
Garbage.
vietnammer
Bucky the beaver
Has liked: 621 likes
Total likes: 579 likes

Post by vietnammer »

sendô wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 9:37 am How dependant I've become on my phone
Just cos you said that, out for dinner tonight with friends and I'm not going
to take my phone. I will nag anyone else using theirs as well.
Arnold Layne
Has liked: 47 likes
Total likes: 143 likes

Post by Arnold Layne »

Tell them the first person to start twatting about with their phone picks up the bill!
simonpaulthomas
Has liked: 259 likes
Total likes: 224 likes

Post by simonpaulthomas »

My main two are;

Reading the Mental Health thread and seeing so many good people having tough times.

Thinking the Wolves game was on today, and getting excited to watch it (I know, I know).
S-H

Post by S-H »

simonpaulthomas wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 6:22 pm
Thinking the Wolves game was on today, and getting excited to watch it (I know, I know).
On the bright side, at least your weekend wasn't ruined..
EvilC
Location: In the street as the cold wind blows, in the ghetto...
Has liked: 2628 likes
Total likes: 1178 likes

Post by EvilC »

Attending a sixth birthday party on my own birthday with a hangover and listening to 30 children’s screams reverberating off the walls of a church hall for two hours.
Samba
Has liked: 2484 likes
Total likes: 895 likes

Post by Samba »

Happy Birthday, EC!
WCpete
Has liked: 1405 likes
Total likes: 3071 likes

Post by WCpete »

Little thing that irritated my wife: This morning she showed me a photo of us having our 'you may kiss the bride' pic from City Hall where we got married. Thinking she was giving me **** for not being as romantic anymore, I said jokingly said something like, "oh yeah, that was right after you bitched at me." (She did btw. I had been looking at the judge rather than her which pissed her off). Later in the day she hands me my phone, opens it and shows me messages. She had sent a text saying "happy anniversary" (lower case mind you). And there were Roger Waters tickets for tonight attached. Dammit. That's what she was trying to tell me this morning. I completely forgot about all of it. Worst thing of all is that I really don't want to see Roger Waters. :zippy: Oh well. I screwed this one up. Nothing like going on a date with someone who currently dislikes you intensely.
Hammer.CA
Has liked: 2781 likes
Total likes: 607 likes

Post by Hammer.CA »

S-H wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 3:02 pm One of the lads who works for me, is Canadian, every time he flies home, he brings these back with him.
Very possibly bought at the airport because you don’t generally see them in most stores.
Aside from those and maple syrup, I can’t think of any other foodstuff that is worth bringing from Canada.
The selection in supermarkets out there is poor and as nearly all of the supermarket chains are owned by either Loblaw’s or Sobey’s, it’s pretty much the same everywhere and expensive.
sendô

Post by sendô »

^ A mate of mine moved to Canada a few years back. When he was over earlier in the summer we were talking about cheese, and he noted how bad it was out there. Cheddar in particular he commented as something you'd only give to the kids because it had no flavour.
Hammer.CA
Has liked: 2781 likes
Total likes: 607 likes

Post by Hammer.CA »

I’m in an expats returning to the UK forum on Facebook.
It’s an information forum for people looking for advice or answers about moving back here as well as general conversations about peoples experiences.
One of the regular themes is about the wide selection of food available in the UK compared to elsewhere and how cheap it is compared to wherever. People are from North America, Australia and NZ and all over Europe.
Despite what some might think, the quality of the food and the cost is excellent.
Cockneyboy311
Has liked: 541 likes
Total likes: 416 likes

Post by Cockneyboy311 »

The bit of fabric you get the hides the zip on items of clothing. Constantly gets caught in the zip and forever ****ing about with it.