Your greatest personal life achievement - still to come or already achieved?

Anything goes in The Snug, General Discussion's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity where any subject not covered elsewhere may be discussed. Well, anything except golf, Star Wars and Arsenal.

Moderators: Wilko1304, -DL-, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks, Gnome, last.caress

EvilC
Location: In the street as the cold wind blows, in the ghetto...
Has liked: 1636 likes
Total likes: 643 likes

Re: Your greatest personal life achievement - still to come or already achieved?

Post by EvilC »

Monkeybubbles wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 10:08 pm My son came home from infant school with a card that a kid with learning difficulties had made for him. It said "you always make me laugh when I'm sad".

It felt like a real My Work Here Is Done moment.

Although maybe it was more like "I'm the class spazz, and even I laugh at you"
I'M NOT CRYING, YOU'RE CRYING.
Clacton-ammer
Sultan of Swing
Has liked: 209 likes
Total likes: 225 likes

Re: Your greatest personal life achievement - still to come or already achieved?

Post by Clacton-ammer »

My 1st post was too heavy for the snug, so for the snug, I have banged 2 fairly famous women, one still on our TV screens now, and no, not saying.

I also got blown out by Kelly Holmes, I crashed & burned, I thought it was me originally, but when she came out I obviously then knew it wasn't, which made sense to me finally......... :lol:
ironilunga
Has liked: 221 likes
Total likes: 704 likes

Post by ironilunga »

Clacton-ammer wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 9:43 amI have banged 2 fairly famous women, one still on our TV screens now, and no, not saying.
2 adult children suggests you are late Forties, maybe 50. We are in Davina McCall territory here me thinks (kudos if so). But no, too obvious!!

I’m going Claudia Winkleman and Moira Stuart.
S-H
GIF Git
Has liked: 2497 likes
Total likes: 4144 likes

Post by S-H »

Lorraine Kelly and Dawn French.
last.caress
Star Raid-er
Has liked: 717 likes
Total likes: 846 likes

Post by last.caress »

Pam Ayers and Norma Major, I reckon.
ironilunga

Post by ironilunga »

Janette Krankie and Sally Chidzoy

Some fandabbydozy fun times followed by a regional bullet-in and a cigarette.
Clacton-ammer
Sultan of Swing
Has liked: 209 likes
Total likes: 225 likes

Post by Clacton-ammer »

I've got pictures of both Elsie, PM me if you want to see them, but don't tell everyone.
S-H
GIF Git

Post by S-H »

Anthea Turner and Noel Edmonds?
Samba
Has liked: 1851 likes
Total likes: 607 likes

Post by Samba »

S-H wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 11:04 am Anthea Turner and Noel Edmonds?
Vanessa Feltz & Jimmy Savile
Igor_E7
Has liked: 594 likes
Total likes: 70 likes

Post by Igor_E7 »

My daughter, who is about to pursue a teaching carrier, met a union rep who were trying to persuade her to join the union, so she told him not to worry about, I will join, she said, that's how I was raised. Probably this one.
last.caress
Star Raid-er
Has liked: 717 likes
Total likes: 846 likes

Post by last.caress »

Clacton-ammer wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 10:50 am I've got pictures of both Elsie, PM me if you want to see them, but don't tell everyone.
Send em over! :newthumb: :newthumb: I'm a vault, I don't tell anyone anything. I didn't tell any of you about that time Bend it Like Repka had an aggressively erotic dream about Donald Trump, did I?

One caveat: If you send me a tit pic of Norma Major I will hunt you down and kill you, as revenge for you burning out my retinas (it might take me a while, of course).
Shabu
Has liked: 1768 likes
Total likes: 745 likes

Post by Shabu »

Samba wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 11:21 am Vanessa Feltz & Jimmy Savile
That pretty much covers half the people on here.
jevs
Has liked: 135 likes
Total likes: 91 likes

Post by jevs »

Apart from the usual....24 year old daughter nice and settled in a good job as well as a 4 year old grandson plus the added benefit of actually waking up every morning for the past 56 years, Mine are mostly work related.

In 2016, the garden I look after in Brighton won best garden in England from The Fields In Trust
in 2017 we further won a gold award with Britain in Bloom
in 2018 we won another gold award with Britain in Bloom
In August 2020, the garden had a 6 page feature the Royal Horticultural Society's flagship magazine, The Garden.
On August 2nd this year, I completed 40 years working in Horticulture.
btajim - mcfc
There when they were sh*t
Has liked: 35 likes
Total likes: 175 likes

Post by btajim - mcfc »

My mum is an RHS member. I bought her Chelsea Flower Show tickets one year as she’d always wanted to go.

Restaurants were an absolute treat as a child so to be able to take my mum to one with a first proper pay packet was an incredible feeling. It’s only in recent years I’ve realised exactly what she had to do to raise us.
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 719 likes
Total likes: 531 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

Clacton-ammer wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 9:43 am My 1st post was too heavy for the snug, so for the snug, I have banged 2 fairly famous women, one still on our TV screens now, and no, not saying.

I also got blown out by Kelly Holmes, I crashed & burned, I thought it was me originally, but when she came out I obviously then knew it wasn't, which made sense to me finally......... :lol:
Please let one of them be Sarah Green. If it is, I'll bang you myself.

Failing that.....is it Rula Lenska?
ironilunga

Post by ironilunga »

westham,eggyandchips wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 8:44 pm Please let one of them be Sarah Green.
Dear god I hope Gordon the Gopher wasn’t involved in any way, shape or form!
djbubbles
Has liked: 36 likes
Total likes: 35 likes

Post by djbubbles »

At 52, im happy with my lot so far. Had a son, owned my own business for 20yrs, lots of sports stuff etc. My greatest achievment is saving a mans life. 10 yrs ago this coming November, i was in the bookies (shock shock horror) on a dark horrid evening. I watched a guy stumble for 5/6 yards and take an awful tumble. I went over and saw a purple face so i rang the ambulance. The girl on the phone literally made me give cpr, mouth to mouth and all. She talked me through every step until the ambulance arrived which was probably 10/15 mins but felt like a half hr. The sweat pumped out of me. No 1st aider or defib in the bookies shop.
Anyway he survived and we are best buddies since with an incredible bond. He has since given up gambling.
Samba

Post by Samba »

last.caress wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 1:09 pm Send em over! :newthumb: :newthumb: I'm a vault, I don't tell anyone anything. I didn't tell any of you about that time Bend it Like Repka had an aggressively erotic dream about Donald Trump, did I?
What about that huge WhatsApp group thingy you set up to tell us all?
Samba

Post by Samba »

jevs wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 5:02 pm Apart from the usual....24 year old daughter nice and settled in a good job as well as a 4 year old grandson plus the added benefit of actually waking up every morning for the past 56 years, Mine are mostly work related.

In 2016, the garden I look after in Brighton won best garden in England from The Fields In Trust
in 2017 we further won a gold award with Britain in Bloom
in 2018 we won another gold award with Britain in Bloom
In August 2020, the garden had a 6 page feature the Royal Horticultural Society's flagship magazine, The Garden.
On August 2nd this year, I completed 40 years working in Horticulture.
Who said there was no fuchsia in it?..
S-H
GIF Git

Post by S-H »

djbubbles wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 9:14 pm My greatest achievment is saving a mans life.
What odds did you give him?