David Moyes' Claret and Blue Army!

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Garry
Has liked: 149 likes
Total likes: 211 likes

Re: David Moyes' Claret and Blue Army!

Post by Garry »

I have been reading alot of what people have to say . And I tell you something alot of you know more about our set up and the way we should play . I would rather you lot than moyes in charge .
Boleyn_Hammer
Has liked: 317 likes
Total likes: 217 likes

Post by Boleyn_Hammer »

Wilko1304
Location: "Once you start complicating things the end result is less inflatables"
Has liked: 1519 likes
Total likes: 3183 likes

Post by Wilko1304 »

I see the Telegraph running with the story that Moyes’s job is under threat if he loses many more games. Very wishy-washy stuff.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/20 ... t-improve/

Doesn’t seem based on anything other than a manager will face pressure if he does badly.
MB
Cricket's Darren Anderton
Has liked: 5678 likes
Total likes: 3096 likes

Post by MB »

Would normally agree Wilko, but we all know how our board operates. Wasn't the same said about Bilic when the wheels started to come off?

Feels counter productive with Moyes though as he'll just retreat further into his shell.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1995 likes
Total likes: 1671 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

MB wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 6:08 pm Would normally agree Wilko, but we all know how our board operates. Wasn't the same said about Bilic when the wheels started to come off?

Feels counter productive with Moyes though as he'll just retreat further into his shell.
there's always the other gorilla handing over there with the new owner.

and if he retreats into his shell even more, with the amount of money spent this summer, the atmosphere at the bowl is going to turn toxic very quickly and Kretinsky (sp ?) will be monitoring the situation very carefully I would imagine.

understandably so from his viewpoint, and of course Moyes has earned some leeway, but we all know that patience in the PL is in short supply.

let's all be honest, his "system" and "his players" haven't shown much lately.

I think it would be one thing with a new system or a major tweak in the old one, and the new players on the field, were the results still the same, I imagine people would be a lot more patient. there's only so long "they need to adapt" before it wears very thin indeed.
MB
Cricket's Darren Anderton
Has liked: 5678 likes
Total likes: 3096 likes

Post by MB »

Which is fine Cuenca and I've made my views on his tactics very clear, but if he starts to adopt something more progressive then I'd give him a lot longer than five matches.

That's the point, it is such a short period that it discourages the very thing we need from him (IMO).

Hopefully just paper talk and Moyes delivers something at the weekend.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

you and me both. I feel that like Soutgate, he needs to be more expansive.

I like Moyes, and even people who hate him, must realise that if he does poorly then we do poorly. I never understand that. wanting this player or that player to fail, or the manager to fail.

if we get relegated because we don't have good players or a good manager then fine that's what it is. but because someone doesn't like either players and/or the manager, wanting us to lose ?

I might have on an odd occasion in a fit of anger thought, "I hope we lose" and then a nano second later I realise what I've said to myself and kicked myself for thinking that.

makes absolutely ZERO sense at all.
Beavis Danzig
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 782 likes

Post by Beavis Danzig »

so it begins.
Metal Hammer
Has liked: 1194 likes
Total likes: 938 likes

Post by Metal Hammer »

Cuenca 'ammer wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 6:40 pm I like Moyes, and even people who hate him, must realise that if he does poorly then we do poorly. I never understand that. wanting this player or that player to fail, or the manager to fail.

if we get relegated because we don't have good players or a good manager then fine that's what it is. but because someone doesn't like either players and/or the manager, wanting us to lose ?
To be honest I've skipped the last 20 or so pages of this thread because of the people who clearly had been waiting for us to go on bad run so they could display their dislike of Moyes were making it an unpleasant read.
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

Metal Hammer wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 9:52 pm To be honest I've skipped the last 20 or so pages of this thread because of the people who clearly had been waiting for us to go on bad run so they could display their dislike of Moyes were making it an unpleasant read.
100% spot on here mate...

first time here I didn't want him, appreciated by what he did but was happy when he went. wasn't at all happy when he came back. really turned me around, think he's done a brilliant job since then, especially with the squad he had.

wasn't happy with his lack of January transfer lack of dealings and think it cost us a cup win.

BUT.

I can't fathom wanting him to fail so he gets the sack. pretty much convinced that's the only way he goes until and unless the new owner wants his own man. despite our recent success, it's his money and if that is what he eventually wants, that's his prerogative of course.

but in the meantime, I want to see us tear up the table and win the Euro Conference. if we finish say 10th or thereabout and fail to win the Euro Conference I imagine the new bloke will replace him. anything above 10th and a Euro Conference win and perhaps the new bloke sticks with him, that could depend on whether Moyes can keep Rice. I also think that will come into the equation.

however, meanwhile it's no fun watching us now, I couldn't imagine traveling away and watching the crap that's being served up. I don't care what the poxy xG's say. it's not been a great overall watch. not for 90 minutes a game. yes, I understand most teams other than the top teams play well for 90 minutes. I'm talking the overall majority of the game.

again. I hope we smash Wolves, Fulham and Soton. that will not only lift the gloom about the place, the player's confidence and the manager's overall situation.

I don't care a jot whether people want Moyes out or in. I want him to do well because it's generally going to mean that we are doing well. that's honestly all I care about.
Major
%&!$
Has liked: 13 likes
Total likes: 344 likes

Post by Major »

This comment was removed by a moderator because it failed to abide by our community standards. For more details, please refer to the Forum Terms of Use. Replies may also be deleted.
ironilunga
Has liked: 382 likes
Total likes: 1201 likes

Post by ironilunga »

Major wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 11:17 pm All your talking **** about formations and form is b*llocks unless you have the same credentials as the manager and get to see the players train everyday.
So as a fan you’ve never had an opinion in your life about team selection, formation etc. Its sort of what this place is for isn’t it?

Id rather listen to a fans opinion on selection and formation than an all too predictable rant which involves dissing your own fanbase. That schtick was boring 10 years ago.

What a shame.
Billydinho
Has liked: 174 likes
Total likes: 770 likes

Post by Billydinho »

ironilunga wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 11:47 pm So as a fan you’ve never had an opinion in your life about team selection, formation etc. Its sort of what this place is for isn’t it?

Id rather listen to a fans opinion on selection and formation than an all too predictable rant which involves dissing your own fanbase. That schtick was boring 10 years ago.

What a shame.
Course he has. Just don’t respond, he comes on giving it for bites.

Should know better by now.
szola
Has liked: 590 likes
Total likes: 353 likes

Post by szola »

It really doesn't matter who the owner of the club is, once you've been allowed to spend as much as we have this summer.

We've brought in a new defensive line up with fullbacks and centre halves, we've added players wide and new Brazillian to make us tick and an Italian striker who is selected for their national side.

We don't need to be in the top four before the break, although we certainly need to show big signs of improvements.
There are too many managers waiting to come to us, for Moyes to rest on previous results.
Pete647580
Has liked: 1217 likes
Total likes: 587 likes

Post by Pete647580 »

szola wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 8:25 am It really doesn't matter who the owner of the club is, once you've been allowed to spend as much as we have this summer.

We've brought in a new defensive line up with fullbacks and centre halves, we've added players wide and new Brazillian to make us tick and an Italian striker who is selected for their national side.

We don't need to be in the top four before the break, although we certainly need to show big signs of improvements.
There are too many managers waiting to come to us, for Moyes to rest on previous results.
There are always going to be out-of-work managers. It comes down to the ones who:

1) Are available
2) Want to come here
3) We can be confident will do a better job than Moyes.
szola
Has liked: 590 likes
Total likes: 353 likes

Post by szola »

There will be a larger number of managers our board will find a better fit for us, if we keep losing, than the current :winker:
And since we've just spent a large amount, and are still in Europe, we'll be a considerable draw for many.

In many ways, if we were a mid/lower-midtable team, Moyes would have been safer, I believe.
YorksHammer
Has liked: 383 likes
Total likes: 1415 likes

Post by YorksHammer »

Who would you have in mind as a possible replacement for Moyes, were he to go, Szola? I mean realistic target - so not a Tuchel or Pochettino who likely wouldn't come to us at our current level.

You and I both know that Sullivan has got a list that has 'Rafa Benitez' at the top of it and nobody else below.
S-H
Has liked: 5738 likes
Total likes: 9655 likes

Post by S-H »

Gerardo Seoane
mattyD
Has liked: 320 likes
Total likes: 342 likes

Post by mattyD »

****ing hell, some of the comments on here. Moyes has given us the two most successful consecutive league seasons EVER. We're seven games in after a massive rebuild.
YorksHammer
Has liked: 383 likes
Total likes: 1415 likes

Post by YorksHammer »

The Bayer manager?

Speaking of Bundesliga football, Tedesco didn't do badly at Leipzig last season as was possibly harshly sacked this season.

I don't want Moyes to go, for the record. Just thought it was an interesting discussion.