✍ Welcome Nayef Aguerd

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

WCpete
Has liked: 1496 likes
Total likes: 3200 likes

Re: ✍ Nayef Aguerd

Post by WCpete »

Have to say, I'm more disappointed that Nayef is injured long term than I am happy that Scamacca has signed. I was really looking forward to him playing.
S-H
Has liked: 5738 likes
Total likes: 9654 likes

Post by S-H »

Three Months..

:cry:
WCpete
Has liked: 1496 likes
Total likes: 3200 likes

Post by WCpete »

That really stinks. Without ever having seen him play I imagined him as the platform from which all attacks stem. A ball handling excellent passer of the ball. Between he and Areola we would have had a massive upgrade in distribution. Such a bummer. Hope he is able to rehab to 100%. I still very much look forward to when he is able to take his place in the side. Bet of luck Nayef.
OFT
Has liked: 3241 likes
Total likes: 1852 likes

Post by OFT »

Bloody awful luck. :furrow:
Misko
Has liked: 492 likes
Total likes: 1390 likes

Post by Misko »

I feel sorry for him. He seems a remarkably nice fellow and he never had it the easy way to reach this level. What Rotten luck to contract the first major injury of his career just after the big transfer.

And I'm also ery disappointed to have to wait to see how well he would do in a different and more competitive context.
Hermit_Road
Has liked: 39 likes
Total likes: 25 likes

Post by Hermit_Road »

Such a typical West Ham event and whilst I hope it heals 100% (And there's no guarantees is there) I just don't know why players aren't told/have it drummed into them, "Don't take riskes in friendlys". Typically, he was trying to retrieve a situation in a game that 1) Didn't matter and 2) That was already lost!
Only at West Ham
Shabu
Has liked: 4190 likes
Total likes: 2054 likes

Post by Shabu »

Apparently he's begun 'light training' so I have two questions for those in the know about these things....

1 - roughly how long after a player starts light training is it until he's squad available under normal circumstances?

2 - roughly how long after a player starts light training is it until he's squad available if he plays for West Ham?

Thanks in advance.
NedN
Has liked: 139 likes
Total likes: 612 likes

Post by NedN »

Shabu wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 12:45 am Apparently he's begun 'light training' so I have two questions for those in the know about these things....

1 - roughly how long after a player starts light training is it until he's squad available under normal circumstances?

2 - roughly how long after a player starts light training is it until he's squad available if he plays for West Ham?

Thanks in advance.
Answer to both is “it depends”, both on the player, the type of injury, their reaction to the procedure, the rehabilitation work they’ve done and how much effort they put in, etc.
Gale Force
Has liked: 1 like

Post by Gale Force »

Shabu wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 12:45 am Apparently he's begun 'light training' so I have two questions for those in the know about these things....

Thanks in advance.
Silkborg on the 27th is probably the most realistic game for him to start. Could be ready a little bit before that but probably won't be rushed back
StevePottsGoalsReel
Has liked: 3201 likes
Total likes: 2331 likes

Post by StevePottsGoalsReel »

Thanks in advance.
The West Ham answer is that he'll be fit just in time for the World Cup in order to pick up his next long-term injury there :scarfer:

(I'm still really gutted he's been out so long without even starting a competitive match for us)
S-H
Has liked: 5738 likes
Total likes: 9654 likes

Post by S-H »

Who?
-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 834 likes
Total likes: 4918 likes

Post by -DL- »

Ironing Board
Has liked: 2082 likes
Total likes: 1802 likes

Post by Ironing Board »

Great to see Nath back on the grass!
MB
Cricket's Darren Anderton
Has liked: 5678 likes
Total likes: 3096 likes

Post by MB »

That's good news DL.
WestHamLyallStyle
Has liked: 1372 likes
Total likes: 988 likes

Post by WestHamLyallStyle »

Thanks for the update -DL-

:bump:

We may see him play for Morocco at the WC before he makes his competitive debut for West Ham United.
Ironing Board
Has liked: 2082 likes
Total likes: 1802 likes

Post by Ironing Board »

WestHamLyallStyle wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 6:37 pm Thanks for the update -DL-

:bump:

We may see him play for Morocco at the WC before he makes his competitive debut for West Ham United.
Then get crocked straight away!
WestHamLyallStyle
Has liked: 1372 likes
Total likes: 988 likes

Post by WestHamLyallStyle »

:crylol:
LeonRivers
Has liked: 1033 likes
Total likes: 392 likes

Post by LeonRivers »

Surely he’s spending the World Cup doing his pre season training again. We’ve got 8 games in almost 4 weeks before the break. How much football will he play in that time? I can’t see him being risked.

Are we gonna play some friendlies in November, does anyone know?
stu1
Has liked: 669 likes
Total likes: 1038 likes

Post by stu1 »

LeonRivers wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 11:41 pm Surely he’s spending the World Cup doing his pre season training again. We’ve got 8 games in almost 4 weeks before the break. How much football will he play in that time? I can’t see him being risked.

Are we gonna play some friendlies in November, does anyone know?
Not sure but I very much doubt Aguerd will be playing in any of them!
SiamHammer
Has liked: 1070 likes
Total likes: 199 likes

Post by SiamHammer »

LeonRivers wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 11:41 pm Are we gonna play some friendlies in November, does anyone know?
I've been wondering this myself, surely all teams will be having closed door friendlies during the WC

Think Moyes said he'll be starting in the youth team matches first to get his fitness