Boxing thread

Want to talk sport? The Forum to discuss all sports not related to the beautiful game.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

York Ham(mer)
Has liked: 111 likes
Total likes: 149 likes

Re: Boxing thread

Post by York Ham(mer) »

Great win for Joyce that.
Morocco Mole
Has liked: 3648 likes
Total likes: 2334 likes

Post by Morocco Mole »

Fair play to Parker. I thought he was superb in defeat, game, skillful, gave everything he had….but Joe Joyce simply isn’t human. Chin, size, engine. He’s a poor man’s Lennox Lewis and I mean that as a compliment.

I said it some time ago….ain’t no one out there that will want to fight that Sasquatch. Fury will clean up the division and retire first and I don’t blame him.
Shabu
Has liked: 4167 likes
Total likes: 2019 likes

Post by Shabu »

Morocco Mole wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 2:53 am Fair play to Parker. I thought he was superb in defeat, game, skillful, gave everything he had….but Joe Joyce simply isn’t human. Chin, size, engine. He’s a poor man’s Lennox Lewis and I mean that as a compliment.

I said it some time ago….ain’t no one out there that will want to fight that Sasquatch. Fury will clean up the division and retire first and I don’t blame him.
I'm not sure Fury beats Usyk.

Love Fury & he has size on his side but I've never seen Usyk troubled & he's fought top fighter after top fighter. He's always in control or has another level to go up to.

I'd have Fury a favourite, maybe 55-45 or 60-40 but I think people are reading too much into Wilder fights who many fought was trash until he lost to Fury.

Anyway, here's the Benn & Eubank boys squabbling. Fight in two weeks.

Morocco Mole
Has liked: 3648 likes
Total likes: 2334 likes

Post by Morocco Mole »

Think Fury’s cute enough with the footwork and movement to close the distance and eventually wear Usyk down with his size and strength.

Funnily enough I think Usyk is the one that would be able to handle Joyce the best though. Styles and all that.
York Ham(mer)
Has liked: 111 likes
Total likes: 149 likes

Post by York Ham(mer) »

Parker v Joyce highlights

Last edited by York Ham(mer) on Wed Sep 28, 2022 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 837 likes
Total likes: 4952 likes

Post by -DL- »

War Pony
Has liked: 23 likes
Total likes: 86 likes

Post by War Pony »

Yawn. As much as I dislike AJ, I don't think he is in the wrong here.

Fury just playing stupid games. Blames everyone on social media with name calling!
Shabu

Post by Shabu »

War Pony wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 6:23 pm Yawn. As much as I dislike AJ, I don't think he is in the wrong here.

Fury just playing stupid games. Blames everyone on social media with name calling!
I like ALL the UK heavies :grin: but I have to agree.

I think he just wanted to have a bit of a laugh. Maybe he doesn't realise how much WE all wanted to see the fight.

If he does go ahead and fight Manuel Charr, a soon to be 38 year old German Lebonese fighter who's never beaten a top opponent in a 17 year career, then he's made a fool out of all of us.

Yet it's Joshua who will get the blame from the usual suspects.

Speaking of which, I wonder who he'll now fight and will it be in December?
Shabu

Post by Shabu »

Benn Eubank III promo thingy...

only1post
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 81 likes

Post by only1post »

Fury, Joshua, Hearn and Warren trying their best to undo all the good work done for the heavyweight division by Joyce, Parker and Usyk in recent weeks.
Shabu

Post by Shabu »

Shabu

Post by Shabu »

only1post wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 3:14 pm Fury, Joshua, Hearn and Warren trying their best to undo all the good work done for the heavyweight division by Joyce, Parker and Usyk in recent weeks.
All overseen by Bob Arum, who really doesn't like the British that much.
War Pony
Has liked: 23 likes
Total likes: 86 likes

Post by War Pony »

Watch a bob arum interview on YouTube and put the play speed on 1.5x … Actually bearable to listen to! :crossed:
Shabu

Post by Shabu »

Mahmoud (ex Manuel) Charr it is then. December 3rd.

This has Allegedly written all over it. Anyone who saw Calzaghe's career up until his last few fights saw the pattern.

After Fury wins & then retires, unretires, retires & unretires again we might see Wilder IV, which would probably be exciting even if it is overkill :grin:

Will now be interesting to see who Eddie comes up with for Joshua. I think Otto Wallin - who went the distance with Fury & gave him 47 stitches - would be a great choice. Other than that, Martin Bakole would be a good fight but I doubt if there's enough of an angle for Eddie.
Shabu

Post by Shabu »

One of Boxings all time greatest fighters just died, Eder Jofre from Brazil. This bloke was incredible.

Here's a long documentary in Portuguese with English subtitles

And here's a 3 minute hightlight reel...

shifty
Has liked: 12 likes
Total likes: 9 likes

Post by shifty »

Shabu wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 8:26 pm One of Boxings all time greatest fighters just died, Eder Jofre from Brazil. This bloke was incredible.
He was a bantamweight who only lost twice in his career, both times to the same man, Fighting Harada, mate? 🤔
Shabu

Post by Shabu »

shifty wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 5:36 pm He was a bantamweight who only lost twice in his career, both times to the same man, Fighting Harada, mate? 🤔
Yep, then he took three years off, came back as a Featherweight, won the title there & was undefeated for the rest of his career. Amazing.
Shabu

Post by Shabu »

Joe Cordina stripped of his title just a few months after winning it.

https://www.boxingscene.com/joe-cordina ... le--169483

Top bloke Denzel 2Sharp Bentley, 17(14)-1-1, current British Middleweight Champion, gets a shot at the WBO title, held by the excellent Kazakh fighter Janibek Alimkhanuly 12(8)-0. Fights in Vegas on November 12th & I hope to be there. Already sent Denz a message & he's replied saying he hopes I can make it. Been chatting with him online for several years. Really nice bloke.

On the undercard Senesia Superbad Estrada, 22(9)-0 of LA defends her title. I've watched her a few times. She's really good & the spitting image of Jenifer Lopez

Mahmoud Charr has harsh words for Tyson Fury. “Fury, you are the same **** like Anthony Joshua,” insisted Charr. “A man is a man. When you say Joshua’s out, he’s out. You tell everyone, you want to fight me. Now you are like a duck.” :lol:
swash
Has liked: 140 likes
Total likes: 188 likes

Post by swash »

Benn has failed a drugs test for traces of a fertility drug, but fight still allowed to go ahead as B sample not yet tested

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/63146437

Edit British Board of Control now saying fight cannot go ahead
sussexhammer74
Has liked: 259 likes
Total likes: 236 likes

Post by sussexhammer74 »

It seems the British boxing board of control have said that this fight can't go ahead as now it is not in the interest of boxing following the allegations of the drug test.