Boxing thread

Want to talk sport? The Forum to discuss all sports not related to the beautiful game.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

White Goodman
Making excuses in A&E
Has liked: 254 likes
Total likes: 276 likes

Re: Boxing thread

Post by White Goodman »

I had been warming to him a bit to be honest after his early career was played out on Instagram.

This is embarrassing though. It would almost have been better if he had pissed hot for testosterone to my mind, as there are probably more excuses that he could come up with for the elevated levels.

With Clomid, they just don't prescribe it for men. If it is in your system, then you've gone out and deliberately put it there.

He's been caught red handed and I'm still interested to hear his story as to how it got in his body.
DublinDave
Has liked: 2723 likes
Total likes: 1754 likes

Post by DublinDave »

White Goodman wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 10:11 am
He's been caught red handed and I'm still interested to hear his story as to how it got in his body.
Eating wild boar meat seems to be the go to excuse, Alvarez & Fury among others have both used that old chestnut...
White Goodman
Making excuses in A&E

Post by White Goodman »

You don't get Clomid in your system from eating red meat.

Canelo was pinged for clenbuterol
sussexhammer74
Has liked: 259 likes
Total likes: 236 likes

Post by sussexhammer74 »

Very interesting stuff to me who has no idea about these different drugs :newthumb:

Whitey, why do (did) you use Testosterone and Clomid for whatever you were doing? Genuinely interested as to why you used it rather than let your natural ability/physical attributes get you to where you wanted to be?
White Goodman
Making excuses in A&E

Post by White Goodman »

sussexhammer74 wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 11:35 am Very interesting stuff to me who has no idea about these different drugs :newthumb:

Whitey, why do (did) you use Testosterone and Clomid for whatever you were doing? Genuinely interested as to why you used it rather than let your natural ability/physical attributes get you to where you wanted to be?
Only started once I'd finished competing in rowing, so I can't say I ever cheated, although I wasn't a professional anyway, more for my own conscience sake I guess.

I've always been into my gym and for lots of guys, it's almost a natural progression once you truly plateau. You genuinely can't get to places that PEDs will take you once you've reached your genetic potential and if you want to look better for longer, then it's where some people end up. Loads of people will use it way before they ever reach this point though, see stupid bastards getting straight on it and other PEDs at 18 and 19 :-)

It's most certainly an old wives tale though that you can get to the same place naturally as you can with PEDs, it just takes longer. Without a shadow of a doubt, you cannot.

The funny thing is I heard a comment on a Youtube channel the other day that really brought it home how widespread PED use is now. He said if you look at Daley Thompson (arguably one of the greatest ever athletes) with his top off in the 80s, he wouldn't even pass the audition for Love Island now. Sad thing is , that is 100% true.

One guy I spoke to on his first day ever in the gym a couple of weeks back (he must be early 30s) said he had already bought some testosterone to start using. Probably the most stupid thing I've ever heard.

Truth told, I am now only on what I'd call a TRT level does, so never higher than 200mg but I tend to remain on it full time, rather than cycle off.

Been thinking about coming off for a while now to be fair . That said, I need to engage some professional help because there is a strong likelihood that I've been on so long that I may need TRT the rest of my life anyway as my natural production might not be able to be restored fully.
Shabu
Has liked: 4161 likes
Total likes: 2017 likes

Post by Shabu »

DublinDave wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 10:49 am Eating wild boar meat seems to be the go to excuse, Alvarez & Fury among others have both used that old chestnut...
I thought Canelo used the old "Mexican farmers are injecting all our cattle to make them bigger" excuse.

That's been used by a few Mexican boxers.
dasnutnock3
Has liked: 1859 likes
Total likes: 2446 likes

Post by dasnutnock3 »

PED use in combat sports is just about the most disgusting thing anyone can do, akin to sticking a set of brass knuckles in your gloves. It’s bad enough to use them in other professional sports, especially stuff where there’s physical contact, but in combat sports it should lead to a custodial sentence (IMO).

I can completely understand why regular joes use them. I trained hard for 13 years and after the first three or four, the gains & improvements pretty well tapered off and I just maintained for the following ten (though I did continue to get better at running, but that was as much to do with experience & mental conditioning).

That said, I know full well what it feels like to have a good session in the gym. You can manage more reps than usual, lift heavier weights, and you feel less depleted at the end. Those days are pretty infrequent without PEDs, but I suspect every day feels like that when you’re on them.
White Goodman
Making excuses in A&E

Post by White Goodman »

Re your last sentence, my max incline dumbbell press was about 42.5kg natural, within 4 months if juicing I was tossing the 50s around without a spot.

I like to think that it was my improved focus in diet but I kind of know the real reason.

Benn, dragging this thread back on topic, has tarnished his name for good bur sure he'll still make a good living in a bent sport.

Let's face it , he already drives a RR Wraith having beaten virtually nobody.
York Ham(mer)
Has liked: 111 likes
Total likes: 149 likes

Post by York Ham(mer) »

The fight's off. Good. Hopefully that's the end of that particular circus.
Shabu

Post by Shabu »

I've just started taking creatine :grin:

I know we can't prove it but I wish there was some way to punish members of the guilty party's team, like trainers and even promoters. There's no way they can't know what's going on.
-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 837 likes
Total likes: 4952 likes

Post by -DL- »

DublinDave

Post by DublinDave »

Shabu wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 1:31 pm I thought Canelo used the old "Mexican farmers are injecting all our cattle to make them bigger" excuse.

That's been used by a few Mexican boxers.
I knew it was something dodgy, sort of thing my 9 year old says when caught... :rofl:
DublinDave

Post by DublinDave »

White Goodman wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 10:57 am You don't get Clomid in your system from eating red meat.

Canelo was pinged for clenbuterol
I don't speak PED's but you clearly know your stuff so bow to your superior knowledge... :beers:
fmgod
Has liked: 50 likes
Total likes: 145 likes

Post by fmgod »

Whole event is off sadly, be a lot of boxers and other people that have lost money due to this

So do we just gloss over the fact that the test result was know to be positive in August, however……. only a leak to the Daily Mail has brought it into the public domain and led to a cancellation.
White Goodman
Making excuses in A&E

Post by White Goodman »

So what happens with the rest of the card?

Are people still expected to pay for that?

Sorry just read FMG's post
White Goodman
Making excuses in A&E

Post by White Goodman »

Shabu wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 4:14 pm I've just started taking creatine :grin:

I know we can't prove it but I wish there was some way to punish members of the guilty party's team, like trainers and even promoters. There's no way they can't know what's going on.
I think just harsher punishments for the athletes is what is needed.

He'll get a slap on the wrist and pretend he is innocent and career will be back on track immediately.

Pathetic
Shabu

Post by Shabu »

My mate who was going said he's saved 460 quid by the event being called off. I think he was also going to some bash with Nigel & Chris Snr or something.....

Now his missus says she's getting a new handbag :lol:
fmgod
Has liked: 50 likes
Total likes: 145 likes

Post by fmgod »

You can't make this stuff up

PF.
Warsaw's Peter Stringfellow
Total likes: 416 likes

Post by PF. »

White Goodman wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 12:34 pm Been thinking about coming off for a while now to be fair . That said, I need to engage some professional help because there is a strong likelihood that I've been on so long that I may need TRT the rest of my life anyway as my natural production might not be able to be restored fully.
Funnily enough, I was thinking this as I was reading your post. You're obviously a knowledgable chap mate, meaning you know you'll have to engage with the pro's on it. 25 Harley Street :newthumb:
Last edited by -DL- on Fri Oct 07, 2022 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Potentially libellous content removed
White Goodman
Making excuses in A&E

Post by White Goodman »

PF. wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 9:18 am Funnily enough, I was thinking this as I was reading your post. You're obviously a knowledgable chap mate, meaning you know you'll have to engage with the pro's on it. 25 Harley Street :newthumb:
Funnily enough mate, this was one of the clinics my gym mate suggested. He is on perm TRT these days.

I would like to avoid that if possible.

I've never been above 500mg a week and usually a lot lower so hoping I can kick start my own production again , as my natural levels were quite high to start

Not sure that matters though so will see what they say , I'll know from my bloods anyway once I stop but reckon could take a year to regain normal levels if at all.

Cheers boss 👍