ArmA 2: Day Z mod

Forum for discussion related to video gaming on both current gen and retro platforms.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

WHU Independent
Has liked: 1639 likes
Total likes: 507 likes

Re: ArmA 2: Day Z mod

Post by WHU Independent »

Another day another Dayz :)

Actually did well tonight - crawled into a town, got a rifle, loads of ammo, water bottle, axe, bandages, heat packs etc etc. Crawled out to a safe place and left. Didn't want to get too cocky. Played on a Texas server with only 10 players - stopped me getting sniped. Now safely camped in the woods and I'll decide what I want to do tomorrow. That industrial complex looks interesting !
phukethammer

Post by phukethammer »

found my first map today!

i tend to steer clear of coast, been heading northish and found a winchester rifle a map and a couple of cans of food (frank & Beans!!).

Just been confirmed that the developers are making a full retail stand alone version of this, i can see why to be honest.
TampaHammer

Post by TampaHammer »

Game's popular and it's in Alpha.
The Rebirth
It's all about the confidence

Post by The Rebirth »

Ignore the bugs guys remember the mod itself is only in Alpha.

I have a tonne of kit and I'm just sitting outside Elecktro.

If you boys want to Skype up and have a play everyone send Tampa your steam usernames we can have a laugh... there will be a lot of deaths ourselves included.
WHU Independent

Getting a bit pissed of with this as the odds seem stacked right against you - and very little reward for the effort you put in.

I had a character alive for a record number of days - all was going well. Had stuff, had the zombies hiding down pat all was good. I had 15 of ammo rounds thinking I was good to go. Wrong!

I crawled into a factory and a Zombie saw me. He came up the stairs - I was on a small landing - and boom head shot. I lay down. Along came another zombie with some mates, no probs the file along the landing - boom boom boom. All dead.

Before I can get off the landing, 5 more appear. No probs Boom etc - they are dead, but as I am getting toward the stairs 5 more turn up - Boom etc - all dead. I sprint like hell for the stairs but no more zombies. I use my last two shots but there are 4 of em. I have no option but to jump off the landing - 5000 point damage TYVM. Being wounded already, that left me with 2.5k hp. Now the world is fading in and out, I can't see half the time, but manage to limp away and lay down. No more chasing Zombies.

I decide to lay low in a nearby house. I get to the front door only to find Zombies nibbling my legs. I try and get up, faint and I am Zombie meat. Thought that was a bit harsh tbh.
TampaHammer

Post by TampaHammer »

Have you broken a leg yet, then? That's the most agonizingly annoying thing in the game.
:twisted:
WHU Independent

Tampa - yup - I should have written 5k damage AND a broken leg :)
The Rebirth

Post by The Rebirth »

Never leave town with morphine I always carry 2 and at least 4 bandages.

If I have an axe, a knife some matches and an Alice pack I am good to go (oh and a water bottle)

My trusty makarov and a Winny are my weapons of choice as a freshie
WHU Independent

Rebirth - If I could find HALF that stuff I would be a very happy bunny ! :evil:
phukethammer

Post by phukethammer »

WHU Independent wrote:Rebirth - If I could find HALF that stuff I would be a very happy bunny ! :evil:

get to a town, supermarket will have bigger backpacks, binocs, watches, water bottles, ammo and tents, matches can be tricky but once you have a box....it totally opens the map up. hunt and cook animals and your water bottles are refillable.

one other tip......zombies are line of sight only, i often agg 6 or 7 and then get out of line of sight and they will lose you.
The Rebirth

Post by The Rebirth »

if you boys play using steam I by chance met up with a random whilst running around. Turns out he's in a clan I joined up with his team and got armed to the teeth.

If you use Steam PM me your usernames.
RayleighIrons
Has liked: 10 likes
Total likes: 33 likes

Post by RayleighIrons »

Sorry for dragging up an old thread, got this on the playstation today, anyone else on here play it?