⚽ UCL: FCSB 0-3 West Ham Utd (3/11/22)

Relive every moment of every first team game since the beginning of the 2005/06 season. Our archive of matchday threads originally posted in the General Discussion Forum.

Moderator: Gnome

BoleynGone
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 14 likes

Re: ⚽ FCSB vs West Ham United: match thread

Post by BoleynGone »

YorksHammer wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 9:59 pm Should play the same eleven as last night against Blackburn and throughout that pointless competition, we don't need the fixture congestion anyway and if we get lucky the youth get a couple of games against not more challenging domestic teams.

League and Europe first.
We''re going to have to go some to get in to Europe. MC,Ars,Liv,MU,NEW,CHE,TOT. will be ahead of us for sure after our poor negative start. Win and use the League Cup and/or ECL and we're back, Against Blackburn,the same team as ECL. Emerson can f*** off,he's not going to be the answer a left wink back or left back.

MB
I am not Ashby's uncle, that's Gonzo. Just think he is better than anything we have currently.
hammerman11
Has liked: 25 likes
Total likes: 744 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

I would start ashby at RB against blackburn ans scarles as the LB we need to win as many games as possible to give us as much chances as possible for euriope next season.
winning the ecl would be the ideal way to qualify for the EL.
the fa and league cups are won by the top 4 most seasons so we have less of a chance but until we get a top 4 team in the draw we should continue to go for it.
blackburn are doing well this season and a big step up from last thursday so would expect more seniors in the team

areola
ashby johnson haugerd ogbonna scarles
coventry lanzini fornals
antonio cornet
mushy
Has liked: 640 likes
Total likes: 843 likes

Post by mushy »

YorksHammer wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 9:59 pm Should play the same eleven as last night against Blackburn and throughout that pointless competition, we don't need the fixture congestion anyway and if we get lucky the youth get a couple of games against not more challenging domestic teams.

League and Europe first.
Comes to something when the League cup is termed a pointless competition.
It's another route into Europe which we should take seriously for now.
Ilford Paolo
Has liked: 406 likes
Total likes: 123 likes

Post by Ilford Paolo »

the pink palermo wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 8:39 am These European games are great fun to go to, which is why we had the best part of 3,000 supporters over there.Thursdays game was especially good as it was a no pressure, no risk game we could all enjoy from the off and see how the young lads would do.

They did us, and themselves proud, albeit, and they will know this, against poor opposition. The senior players too reaped the rewards of playing against a side that didn't work hard to shut down space, apply pressure to force an error or simply make us work harder. Gaps appeared through which good passes could be launched, and we had the smarts to take advantage of them. A 3-0 win could have been 5 or 6.

Nice to see Agured get 90 minutes under his belt and Lanzini had a fabulous 2nd half - see earlier comments about space, so the youngsters will see this as another stage on their development rather than the moment they have reached the summit. I was delighted for Mubama, and frankly I don't care how some panel view his goal as an OG, for me it will always be his. He had a generally decent night, with a few heavy touches here and there, but did well. Scarles too chucked in numerous decent crosses.

Agured though is possibly the only one who will start on Sunday, most of the others will start against Blackburn I would think.

I'm glad you have raised this IP.

Hold backs are the norm for the European games, especially if we are playing a club we have all heard of and SB would certainly be in that group.

After the game on Thursday there were 3 coaches to take the supporters who travelled with Sporting Options straight back to the airport for their flight home, and those were parked in the stadium compound. There were also 5 buses just outside the stadium gates.

5 buses for 2,500 supporters.

It's simply not good enough from our club who have a duty of care towards our travelling support, whether they like it or not.

Let's dispel some myths here: we aren't all 25-year old's, fit as anything and capable of doing 100 metres in 10 seconds and bench pressing 200lbs.Many are in the 60+ category........maybe we should have a special group, call it LGBTQ60+ :winker: or some such, but, joking apart, I saw a visually impaired supporter who had a carer with them, and who were fortunate enough to get on one of the 5 buses.....but there was no guarantee. I suspect the man's carer planned ahead and made sure they slipped the net or negotiated early release to avoid the crowd. The club do have a number of stewards who stand in with us during the games and it's possible in that case they offered assistance. If so, fair play and well-done West Ham.

However, my general point is this.

We were told when we collected our tickets at the 5* Grand Hotel, where the club support staff were staying, that there would be buses to bring us back in to the Old Town. Who, in our club is responsible for liaising with FCSB to ensure sufficient are laid on or that multiple runs/drops would be made.

One name please. One executive, please put your hand up and explain what went wrong.

In this case there were plenty of Cabs, and or the walk wasn't that far, only 4.5km, but for some that would have been difficult.

Somebody dropped the ball. WHU ? FCSB ? The local authorities? And I think our supporters have a right to a reasonable explanation. We bought the tickets, behaved ourselves and still end up with grief.For the record, one arrest, later released, no charge. Out of over 3,000 on the tip. Impeccable behaviour.

The reason this matters is because the yellow cab drivers were ripping our supporters off left right and Centre. The absolute sum of money may not have been huge but it was an En-masse collective effort to overcharge.

The correct fare for a mid-sized yellow cab is 2.79 Lei per KM so a stadium = Old town run should have been about 15Lei. Supporters were being quoted anything up to 100, a sixfold rip off. I booked 2 Ubers pre-game for the journey and the dearest was 18 Lei.

Now, the club could argue that they simply sell a ticket to the game, in which case why do so many support staff travel. If they are not there to offer real help in the practical things, why are they there?

I watched the game on Thursday from the middle tier on the halfway line due to being a late arrival at the stadium. We arrived at the wrong end of the stadium yet Bubbles was clearly loud and audible from outside the stadium. During the game, believe me, when the "Massive" chant went up, it was loud, proud and would definitely have given the players a lift -they would have heard it loud and clear.

Support matters, and our supporters should matter more to the club. A little more attention to detail on these foreign trips would help build a better bond between the club and it's supporters.

A year ago loads were left stood in the dark in a car park in Belgium. Plus Ca Change ?, as they say in foreign lands.

Footnote - Bucharest is a beautiful city in parts, stunning architecture, a real sense of history, vast avenues, palaces, churches and the like. It's gradually being ruined by the onslaught of economic imperialism, seriously, how many ****ing Starbucks and KFC's does the world need? Catch it while it still has something to offer.
Thanks for this PP and I am glad that at least some of our support got a bus back after the game.Given the logistics and them knowing how many of us were there laying on 10 coaches instead of 5 would have helped (!).I am pretty fit for a 63 year old and had walked 50 minutes to the Palace of parliament that morning,it's more the feeling of vulnerability of being by yourself gone 1am. As you say travelling club officials could have at least been by that exit gate to let us know what was happening.
Phil S
Has liked: 446 likes
Total likes: 380 likes

Post by Phil S »

How many used the free buses to get to the game?

Just wondered as at 7pm when they were starting the service, the Old Town was still mobbed.

Perhaps the mis-information that they would take an hour to get to the ground put people off
20 minutes max it took

Really enjoyed this one, great city, relaxed atmosphere and the police less intimidating than at other places imo.

Scariest thing was being attacked by a club London scarf wearer... :crylol:
Enjoyed the match too, you can underplay the opponents but we've played well with several really good performances.
3times
Has liked: 21 likes
Total likes: 93 likes

Post by 3times »

Phil S wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 11:19 am How many used the free buses to get to the game?

Just wondered as at 7pm when they were starting the service, the Old Town was still mobbed.

Perhaps the mis-information that they would take an hour to get to the ground put people off
20 minutes max it took

Really enjoyed this one, great city, relaxed atmosphere and the police less intimidating than at other places imo.

Scariest thing was being attacked by a club London scarf wearer... :crylol:
Enjoyed the match too, you can underplay the opponents but we've played well with several really good performances.
Buses took about 20 minutes. We used them and got to ground about half hour before ko.
mjustincredible
Has liked: 29 likes
Total likes: 26 likes

Post by mjustincredible »

Great away trip - just got home now, had 3 nights in Bucharest and didn’t see any trouble - just lots of drinking and good fun, the locals were happy for us to be there and very hospitable we found.

Bucharest Is a nice city, some lovely old architecture and glad I had a wonder around to see the sights. The only issue we found was that the service was terribly slow in most bars / restaurants - England is a service driven economy and you can see the difference that’s for sure.

The game was great fun, took us 20 mins on the bus to get to the ground and we didn’t get it until about 9pm. Expecting us fans to get the bus at 7pm for a 10pm game where it takes 20 mins to get there and drinking was banned - the people who organise this stuff are clearly incompetent! We were also one of the lucky ones who got on the 5 buses laid on after the game but I felt bad for the fans who didn’t and had to walk

Look forward to whatever trip comes our way in March - loving these European away trips :scarfer:
DenziMart
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 154 likes

Post by DenziMart »

Unfortunately my nephew and me were amongst those who got ripped off by the taxi drivers after the game.
280 Lei (£50) for a trip that should be 50 Lei (£9).
I was shocked when he showed me the metre saying 280 Lei and told him he was ripping us off and offered 100 Lei.
He got aggressive and I then realised as I was arguing with him there were about 20-30 other taxi drivers all around us at the main entrance to the old town. I sensed things could get quite dangerous for us and had to pay up.
There were nowhere near enough buses for the supporters and I felt we were being hung out to dry.
They had a continuous shuttle of buses on the way to the ground, why couldn't they have done the same at the end?

Other than that - a fantastic 3 days in a beautiful city, but having just got home I am now shattered.
Ilford Paolo

Post by Ilford Paolo »

DenziMart wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 8:58 pm Unfortunately my nephew and me were amongst those who got ripped off by the taxi drivers after the game.
280 Lei (£50) for a trip that should be 50 Lei (£9).
I was shocked when he showed me the metre saying 280 Lei and told him he was ripping us off and offered 100 Lei.
He got aggressive and I then realised as I was arguing with him there were about 20-30 other taxi drivers all around us at the main entrance to the old town. I sensed things could get quite dangerous for us and had to pay up.
There were nowhere near enough buses for the supporters and I felt we were being hung out to dry.
They had a continuous shuttle of buses on the way to the ground, why couldn't they have done the same at the end?

Other than that - a fantastic 3 days in a beautiful city, but having just got home I am now shattered.
Sorry to hear about your experience and it confirms for me that my long walk was the lesser of two evils.I think I will sign up for Uber or Bolt if our next destination poses similar risks with taxis.
We_are_BML
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 24 likes

Post by We_are_BML »

Good trip but blimey I’ve never been ripped off so many times in such a short space of time.
Pentonville
Has liked: 41 likes
Total likes: 62 likes

Re: ⚽ FCSB vs West Ham United: match thre

Post by Pentonville »

I also really enjoyed my 5 days in Bucharest. A very friendly and interesting city that frankly I knew nothing about and would never had visited but for this competition. Didn’t get ripped off once, and met a good welcome in all the bars and restaurants I went to. I was particularly impressed by our supporters behaviour, exemplary.

As for the getting to and from the ground bit, I knew from last season’s visit to Lyon not to rely on the club/authorities to sort out transport to and from. Got a tram to ground, 60 pence, and walked back to old town in 40 mins no issues ( I am 65). An eerily quiet outer zone of the city beyond the old town. Looking forward to the next adventure in Europe, but would never rely on the club for anything.
Ilford Paolo

Re: ⚽ FCSB vs West Ham United: match thre

Post by Ilford Paolo »

Pentonville wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 9:53 am I also really enjoyed my 5 days in Bucharest. A very friendly and interesting city that frankly I knew nothing about and would never had visited but for this competition. Didn’t get ripped off once, and met a good welcome in all the bars and restaurants I went to. I was particularly impressed by our supporters behaviour, exemplary.

As for the getting to and from the ground bit, I knew from last season’s visit to Lyon not to rely on the club/authorities to sort out transport to and from. Got a tram to ground, 60 pence, and walked back to old town in 40 mins no issues ( I am 65). An eerily quiet outer zone of the city beyond the old town. Looking forward to the next adventure in Europe, but would never rely on the club for anything.
40 minutes to the Old town,bloody hell! I took longer for the shorter walk to just east of the Jewish area. :clap: