David Moyes' Claret and Blue Army!

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

mumbles87
Has liked: 55 likes
Total likes: 948 likes

Re: David Moyes' Claret and Blue Army!

Post by mumbles87 »

Quite simply Moyes should be given at least until the end of the season.

He has earned that at least.

We won't go down. So let him work this rut out

His key signing (aguard) got injured before the season. When we have really been trying to play out the back and he was a good player for that, to be without him until now he should be given the chance to bed in his signings

Been without paquata for fair few games , comes back gets an assist so the talent is there just needs some ironing out

Patience is key, we won't get European football unless we win the conference (imo) so let'a give Moyes a bit of time to get his ideas into his new squad

Players get 6 weeks together now whilst only a few go away

Bit of rest and hard work.. does wonders
RaddyKovac
Has liked: 132 likes
Total likes: 159 likes

Post by RaddyKovac »

I've been a huge Moyes fan since his first spell. I want a long term manager. But he needs to adjust to the players that have been brought in. Were they his choice?

We have bought quality. We need to play to their strengths.

And Declan bloody Rice is a DM. Not a winger. Not an attacker. He needs to learn his place. We can pander to him but when he leaves for a CL club he will still be a DM every week.
Puff Daddy
Gone for a Burton
Has liked: 258 likes
Total likes: 1161 likes

Post by Puff Daddy »

It should be clear, his way no longer works. So, I don't know why the board continue to support him. I think they call a meeting and ask him if he has any ideas how to get the team firing. If he hasn't, then ask him, we'll if you were us, what would you do ? See, we could make him feel it is his idea. Don't know why anybody hasn't thought of this before. They say, the best ideas are often the simplest one's
RaddyKovac
Has liked: 132 likes
Total likes: 159 likes

Post by RaddyKovac »

He wants to think he has a progressive plan. Maybe he does. I'm not sure if the players are following his instructions or not at this stage. It takes a lot to change habits.
RainhamIron
Has liked: 257 likes
Total likes: 35 likes

Post by RainhamIron »

If C&H are to believed he has been given a 5 point minimum target from the next 3 matches ?
What do we think about that ?
As it’s Arsenal away first it’s probably means have to win the Brentford and Leeds games
How many points do we feel we can reasonably expect?
If we did not achieve target and he is let go I suppose the new manager would have over half a season 20 games plus January window also 2 weekends are FA cup games
Personally I feel he has been good for the club and the owners will stick with him so really hope he can turn it round but what worries me when he saved us twice he came in to sort out someone else’s mess this time it’s his own
Paolopaul
Has liked: 9 likes
Total likes: 296 likes

Post by Paolopaul »

RainhamIron wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 7:52 am If C&H are to believed he has been given a 5 point minimum target from the next 3 matches ?
What do we think about that ?
As it’s Arsenal away first it’s probably means have to win the Brentford and Leeds games
How many points do we feel we can reasonably expect?
If we did not achieve target and he is let go I suppose the new manager would have over half a season 20 games plus January window also 2 weekends are FA cup games
Personally I feel he has been good for the club and the owners will stick with him so really hope he can turn it round but what worries me when he saved us twice he came in to sort out someone else’s mess this time it’s his own
If that’s been set as a target then it’s setting him up to fail. 4 points is a reasonable expectation from those games.
WestHamLyallStyle
Has liked: 1373 likes
Total likes: 988 likes

Post by WestHamLyallStyle »

I wouldn’t give much credence to C & H suggesting 5 points are needed.
S-H
Has liked: 5739 likes
Total likes: 9655 likes

Post by S-H »

WestHamLyallStyle wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 8:04 am I wouldn’t give much credence to C & H suggesting 5 points are needed.
Yeah, that's far too positive for that giant thunderc*nt
HammerPDC
Has liked: 17 likes

Post by HammerPDC »

mumbles87 wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 12:09 am We won't go down. So let him work this rut out

His key signing (aguard) got injured before the season. When we have really been trying to play out the back and he was a good player for that, to be without him until now he should be given the chance to bed in his signings
That first sentence is a dangerous dangerous mindset to have, whilst we can't as a club allow it to have a detrimental effect and force us into sacking the guy with no real plan, to not be at least seriously conscious that this is a very real possibility would be daft

The second whilst I agree and suspect Aguerd was important, we still have Dawson and Zouma, the two more standout players that he has had for more time Paqueta and Scamacca are more concerning. Everyone could see that we were going to have to change playing style once Scamacca replaced Antonio. We need to be more possession based higher line, higher press to really get the best out of two massive investments, instead Moyes has repeatedly tried to push a square peg into a round hole like he did with Haller and its not worked.

If I'm the board i'm asking Moyes what he's going to do to adapt, because if he has no intention of doing so, then as much as I love the man for the times he's given us, West Ham United Football Club comes first and we would need to start putting plans in place for his replacement
S-H

Post by S-H »

The Stick or Twist poll is quite intriguing, I'm encouraged with the amount of people voting Stick.

I thought the vast majority would be Twist, but it's much closer than I imagined.
YorksHammer
Has liked: 383 likes
Total likes: 1415 likes

Post by YorksHammer »

To be honest, if you came to me before the season and said 'you've got three games, Arsenal (a), Brentford (h), Leeds (a)' I'd have said we should be comfortably getting four points and expect six. Now, though, it seems like a daunting run of games.

I expect Moyes to be working bloody hard over the next six weeks to get us functioning again. Give everyone a bit of a break then get hard at it like we did during the lockdown suspension. Come back swinging.

Some clubs are going to approach this mid-season break with the wrong mentality and it'll cost them when it restarts.
ironilunga
Has liked: 382 likes
Total likes: 1201 likes

Post by ironilunga »

S-H wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 8:45 am The Stick or Twist poll is quite intriguing, I'm encouraged with the amount of people voting Stick.

I thought the vast majority would be Twist, but it's much closer than I imagined.
I wonder how many of those who voted twist might now change their vote to stick after having time to reflect. The poll came out shortly after the Leicester game so lots of understandable frustration after a third consecutive home defeat.
S-H

Post by S-H »

ironilunga wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 8:50 am I wonder how many of those who voted twist might now change their vote to stick after having time to reflect. The poll came out shortly after the Leicester game so lots of understandable frustration after a third consecutive home defeat.
Yeah true, however a lot of people who voted twist, were probably 'Moyes out' before a ball was kicked on Saturday.
WestHamLyallStyle
Has liked: 1373 likes
Total likes: 988 likes

Post by WestHamLyallStyle »

S-H wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 8:45 am The Stick or Twist poll is quite intriguing, I'm encouraged with the amount of people voting Stick.

Yep. The twist vote will collapse.
kitthehammer
Has liked: 74 likes
Total likes: 302 likes

Post by kitthehammer »

for me the sad reality is that we have spent big money on players yet the majority don't seem to have provided any answers or improvement for us.
We had a forward line of £120mil+ on sat and they still can't score a goal.
We've brought in emerson and kehrer but that doesn't seem to have improved our full back slots.
Aguerd has come in but it looks like we'll lose dawson anyway.

Then you look at the other teams in the league and they are playing well because they are being managed well, less because of who they have brought in.

Up until saturday i was willing moyes to make significant changes to his approach, he did a bit, we pressed the opposition first half at home. But the rest of our play and players being out of position, unable to complete passes etc, Whilst other teams are doing the basics well and improving, says to me its probably time to move on from moyes.
Last edited by kitthehammer on Mon Nov 14, 2022 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
hammerman11
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 745 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

its a hard decision as moyes has given us two good seasons but there is no looking back in football only forwards or else we will be relegated.
so many things seem wrong at the moment that it suggests moyes and his management team have gone stale and run out of ideas.
I have always backed moyes but now I would be happy if he were to go and we got a decent manager in like pochettino . If not thgen we shuld stick with moyes and hope that he can sort it out. for what its worth I reckon poch would come here.

moyes seems lost at present and the other issues are
players no longer press
we look unfit
like for like subs, no changing of style
misuse of scamacca
misuse of benrahma
paqueta has been awful
loss of form of bowen soucek even rice
only having a go when behind or last 20 mins
slow sideways and backwards passing

I really think we need a change but it must be for a lot better. tuchel and poch are available now. This is the time to chqange things up.
JerseyHammer
Has liked: 169 likes
Total likes: 170 likes

Post by JerseyHammer »

ironilunga wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 8:50 am I wonder how many of those who voted twist might now change their vote to stick after having time to reflect. The poll came out shortly after the Leicester game so lots of understandable frustration after a third consecutive home defeat.
Certainly in the first couple of hours after the final whistle on Saturday, it was heavily favouring twist but it has really levelled out. It's actually pleasing to see.
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2501 likes
Total likes: 4405 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

Moyes has proven that he can do it, at this level, at this club.

If either one of Paqueta or Scamacca were actually delivering in the PL, the sacking scenario wouldn't exist.
Absolutely Hammered!
Has liked: 63 likes
Total likes: 255 likes

Post by Absolutely Hammered! »

mumbles87 wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 12:09 am Quite simply Moyes should be given at least until the end of the season.

He has earned that at least.

We won't go down. So let him work this rut out

Been without paquata for fair few games , comes back gets an assist so the talent is there just needs some ironing out

Patience is key, we won't get European football unless we win the conference (imo) so let'a give Moyes a bit of time to get his ideas into his new squad

Players get 6 weeks together now whilst only a few go away

Bit of rest and hard work.. does wonders
Agree. I believe if we apply ourselves in the same way we did against Leciester for the rest of the season we'll be just fine. We did what I wanted us to do in that game... we pressed and hurried them, we had a good energy about us and we did get in some good positions. Leciester had that scuffed shot that fell perfectly to maddison and we had chances we couldnt convert. Fine margins and all that. I do think moyes may need, and will go back to coufal fornals for that stability and will turn to big Mike (while scamacca works behind the scenes for a bit) as we could do with his pace, strength and overall chaos.
HammerPDC
Has liked: 17 likes

Post by HammerPDC »

Loyalty is a really good trait, but can also be detrimental if taken too far

My heart says stick, my head says twist. I desperately want him to have the courage to try and adapt and grow with the club, but his stubbornness I suspect will get the better of that