David Moyes' Claret and Blue Army!

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

DusseldorfHammer
Has liked: 3052 likes
Total likes: 2693 likes

Re: David Moyes' Claret and Blue Army!

Post by DusseldorfHammer »

Beavis Danzig wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 4:00 pm did you watch the game at all? it was the perfect example of how setting a mid block and pressing like hell can overcome a massive gulf in ability. if they sat deep and let messi and friends dictate how and when they wanted to carve them open then it wouldn't have been a game at all.
Yeah, I was watching the game. The way the Saudi's were set up, was pretty similar to us in our best phase under DM. Let them have possession and the swarm out and try to win the ball in certain areas and then find ways into a quick transition.
Kermit
Has liked: 98 likes
Total likes: 341 likes

Post by Kermit »

DusseldorfHammer wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 5:01 pm Yeah, I was watching the game. The way the Saudi's were set up, was pretty similar to us in our best phase under DM. Let them have possession and the swarm out and try to win the ball in certain areas and then find ways into a quick transition.
The Saudis were able to swarm out because they had pace. We don't so much swarm out as stroll out. Nor do we press as high as the Saudis did, we sit much deeper imo.
bristolhammerfc
Has liked: 212 likes
Total likes: 671 likes

Post by bristolhammerfc »

Back on topic please

We have a World cup forum
Kermit
Has liked: 98 likes
Total likes: 341 likes

Post by Kermit »

bristolhammerfc wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 9:57 am Back on topic please

We have a World cup forum
Yes we do, but surely Dussekdorf Hammer's post and my reply are also relevant to the Moyes thread. Sometimes the threads can become sort of intertwined can they not ?
e20too
Has liked: 666 likes
Total likes: 208 likes

Post by e20too »

Tezza65 wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 10:55 am 20 years is along time in Football.You have to move with the times I'm afraid.Moyes's tactics have been worked out and that is the reason why we have been struggling for nearly a year.It's a real shame that Moyes will not change his philosophy. Let's just celebrate that Europa League Semi Final for the next 10 years,aye.
Arguably longer considering the post Christmas from the previous season only disguised by Lingard’s resuscitation effect. Sadly that warning was ignored leading to the present circumstances when a third coming was just too much to achieve.
bristolhammerfc
Has liked: 212 likes
Total likes: 671 likes

Post by bristolhammerfc »

Kermit wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 5:08 pm Yes we do, but surely Dussekdorf Hammer's post and my reply are also relevant to the Moyes thread. Sometimes the threads can become sort of intertwined can they not ?
Hence why they weren't deleted.

However, having made the point, its important to allow posters to differentiate and not just drift onto world cup chat
ToiletDuck
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 63 likes

Post by ToiletDuck »

Still leaning more toward a new manager but not thrilled with some of the replacements being suggested.

It's a bind being a west ham fan
Burnley Hammer
Location: was Colne, Burnley, Hull, Colchester, Norwich, Derby.... Now Nottingham
Has liked: 236 likes
Total likes: 2575 likes

Post by Burnley Hammer »

I'm starting to lean towards twist too... which is weird because a few days ago I was leaning towards stick and nothings happened since then.
I am Legend
Has liked: 1603 likes
Total likes: 1656 likes

Post by I am Legend »

Gerardo Martino is no longer Mexico manager...just saying. He'd be on my list of next managers. Atlanta played incredible football with him.

Moyes needs to come back from WC viewing with some fresh new tactics and ideas.

:crylol: kidding. Love the guy but he won't change.
Garry
Has liked: 149 likes
Total likes: 211 likes

Post by Garry »

I don't love the guy and he will not change he will be gone after 3 games arsenal will tear us a new one.
S-H
Has liked: 5738 likes
Total likes: 9655 likes

Post by S-H »

Garry wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 7:11 am I don't love the guy and he will not change he will be gone after 3 games arsenal will tear us a new one.
Garry, do you even know how to love?
Metal Hammer
Has liked: 1194 likes
Total likes: 937 likes

Post by Metal Hammer »

S-H wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 10:38 am Garry, do you even know how to love?
Or make a decent post :crossed:
OFT
Has liked: 3242 likes
Total likes: 1852 likes

Post by OFT »

Burnley Hammer wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 10:20 pm I'm starting to lean towards twist too... which is weird because a few days ago I was leaning towards stick and nothings happened since then.
With regret so have I Burnley. Easy to think stick when there are no games imminent, I think it(twist) may get more prominent as the time for the league to resume gets closer and the reality of what could happen sinks in.
Beavis Danzig
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 782 likes

Post by Beavis Danzig »

pochettino did an interview with talksport where it sounds like he would be interested in a premier league "project" straight after the world cup, and mentions spending most of his time at his house in london. didn't take the villa job (supposedly) because he wanted to wait until after qatar.

might just be keeping his options open but wouldn't write him off quite yet.
Colours never run
Location: "Be in no doubt, we are part of the most successful stadium migration in history"
Has liked: 6757 likes
Total likes: 2352 likes

Post by Colours never run »

Yep, I heard that interview too. Stressed the point about loving the Premier League and living in London.
funky chicken
Has liked: 322 likes
Total likes: 1225 likes

Post by funky chicken »

If Pochettino ever comes back to the Premier League it’ll be for Chelsea when they realise Potter isn’t a top 4 material manager, or when his beloved Spurs come calling when they ditch the boring Conte.

I am very much Moyes in. But even if I wasn’t I wouldn’t want Pochettino. It’s got the makings of being another Benitez at Everton. It’ll all end in tears, as it does quite frankly for any manager we have hired in the past who wasn’t born in the United Kingdom. That’s my opinion anyway.
The hayfield
Has liked: 427 likes
Total likes: 177 likes

Post by The hayfield »

You can forget about pochettino under GSB . I suspect it's the right club but the wrong time after march 2023 it could be another story.
BondsoBob
Has liked: 583 likes
Total likes: 530 likes

Post by BondsoBob »

funky chicken wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 5:05 am If Pochettino ever comes back to the Premier League it’ll be for Chelsea when they realise Potter isn’t a top 4 material manager, or when his beloved Spurs come calling when they ditch the boring Conte.

I am very much Moyes in. But even if I wasn’t I wouldn’t want Pochettino. It’s got the makings of being another Benitez at Everton. It’ll all end in tears, as it does quite frankly for any manager we have hired in the past who wasn’t born in the United Kingdom. That’s my opinion anyway.
And we've never had any rubbish managers that were born in the UK have we? :lol:
funky chicken
Has liked: 322 likes
Total likes: 1225 likes

Post by funky chicken »

BondsoBob wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 9:45 am And we've never had any rubbish managers that were born in the UK have we? :lol:
Of course we have. But we’ve also had the club’s greatest ever managers. :newthumb:
ToiletDuck
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 63 likes

Post by ToiletDuck »

It's going to be Bobby Brown Shoes isn't it
:(