Videos at bottom of page

Experiencing technical problems with either KUMB.com or your PC in general? Get help here.

Moderators: chalks, Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo

Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 386 likes
Total likes: 1855 likes

Re: Ad free membership tier?

Post by Up the Junction »

wildkard wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 10:03 am Hello. Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere, but has a more costly ad free membership been considered? I'd pay a bit more to eliminate the ads.
We have looked into it before but it's not possible, wildkard.
e17
Has liked: 266 likes
Total likes: 596 likes

Re: Videos at bottom of page

Post by e17 »

Have the videos at the bottom of pages on iPhones been increased? The site (including posting on it) is suddenly borderline impossible to use without frequently having to scramble about and look for the X.

Very unpleasant UX. Never been a major issue on the phone until today?
Junco Partner
Location: You wanna play mind-crazed banjo On the druggy-drag ragtime U.S.A.?
Has liked: 344 likes
Total likes: 483 likes

Post by Junco Partner »

Was thinking the same as e17, they’ve doubled in size on my iPhone, and having to ‘x’ three separate tiny x’s on every single page of every single thread is an awful user ‘journey’

If it was a site I just stumbled on now I’d leave immediately as too ‘addy’ to bother with.

Just some honest feedback.
last.caress
Star Raid-er
Has liked: 750 likes
Total likes: 952 likes

Post by last.caress »

I think I narrowly prefer it.

I mean, I don't prefer the larger sized pop-up window which now takes up about a third of my phone screen. No.

BUT.

The old pop-up window... if you didn't click it off, it would just keep playing and playing. So, if I forgot to shut the window down and then stuck my phone in my pocket without closing KUMB down either, that window would just play and play, and my phone would never just automatically shut off, it would stay on, playing that window. And if I went out, for an hour, or three hours, or ten hours, that window would just keep playing, eating my battery and eating my data until my phone became hotter than a biryani in my pocket and I realised my mistake.

This big ugly new window, it plays three adverts first before launching into those sports reports or whatever they are. But if I've forgotten to shut the window and forgotten to shut down KUMB, the new window will play those three adverts and then disappear, (only continuing to run at the bottom of the page), and then my phone will switch the screen off in the usual fashion, and I'm not burning battery or data anymore. Hurrah!

So: It's as ugly as f*** but it's a lot more forgiving. And we've all settled for that combo at least once or twice in our lives, eh?
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place

e17 wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 9:20 pmHave the videos at the bottom of pages on iPhones been increased?
Looking into this, chaps. Please bear with me.
smuts
Has liked: 934 likes
Total likes: 886 likes

Post by smuts »

Forum freezes up quite a bit and samsung Android tries to close the app. It's a Duracell bunny ad that seems to do the damage ironically...
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place

smuts wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 8:21 pm Forum freezes up quite a bit and samsung Android tries to close the app. It's a Duracell bunny ad that seems to do the damage ironically...
If anyone else has experienced this issue, please let me know.
jacko
Has liked: 46 likes
Total likes: 101 likes

Post by jacko »

these videos on the bottom of the page, every single time you refresh the page are killing me. Worse on the phone.
e17
Has liked: 266 likes
Total likes: 596 likes

Post by e17 »

Not really a techy issue, but f*** me I’d pay a premium not to have to see these dancing c**** from “We Buy Any Car” popping up here.