Christine McVie RIP

The all-encompassing home of media discussion - including music, film, and television.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Samba
Has liked: 2484 likes
Total likes: 895 likes

Re: Christine McVie RIP

Post by Samba »

I was a bit shocked when I heard she'd passed away. Thought one of the others would have gone before her. Even more shocked when I heard that she was 79. You just don't realise famous people's ages some times.
Never thought much of 'Songbird' - a bit bland for me tbh, but thought/think, 'You Make Loving Fun' was/is a really great song. She wrote both, of course.
She was such a crucial member of the post Peter Green group & fully helped the group to reinvent itself.
RIP CM.
Eggs'n'nuts
Has liked: 153 likes
Total likes: 333 likes

Post by Eggs'n'nuts »

Greatest Cockney Rip Off wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 8:23 pm I actually prefer the first part of "The Chain" to the second part. Some lovely guitar work on there from Lindsay Buckingham
No argument from me with that one mate.
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1787 likes
Total likes: 2071 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

The Chain is literally a 'cutting room floor' song, rejected parts of other songs spliced together.
Eggchaser
Has liked: 1859 likes
Total likes: 459 likes

Post by Eggchaser »

Sad news, Rumours is a fantastic album, so is Albatross released as Fleetwood Mac and Chistine Perfect.
I love their version of I'd Rather Go Blind.

RIP.