Declan Rice

The Forum for all football-related discussion, including West Ham United FC. Our busiest Forum and the place to begin if you're new to KUMB.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Hugh Jargon
Has liked: 169 likes
Total likes: 478 likes

Re: Declan Rice

Post by Hugh Jargon »

As previously stated. He could have shut the question down. He isn't stupid. He did it deliberately.
The day he refused a contract should have been the day he ceased to be captain.
Being the joke club we are we didn't do that. What message do you think that gives out?
I completely stand by my previous opinion. He has definately been "got at" by a player acting for their club. He has gone. Get rid ASAP
Disrespectful. Only an apology will do. And then the exit door.
Doc H Ball
Has liked: 935 likes
Total likes: 1951 likes

Post by Doc H Ball »

Bah!
Cuenca 'ammer
ex 'ouston 'ammer
Location: Journey to the dead of night. High on a hill in Eldorado
Has liked: 1977 likes
Total likes: 1657 likes

Post by Cuenca 'ammer »

Hugh Jargon wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 11:09 pm As previously stated. He could have shut the question down. He isn't stupid. He did it deliberately.
Being the joke club we are we didn't do that. What message do you think that gives out?
I completely stand by my previous opinion. He has definately been "got at" by a player acting for their club. He has gone. Get rid ASAP
bit OTT there Hugh imvho.

young man answers questions truthfully which he has also done before.

also iirc he had an interview when he said something like " we're not going to win the league we're not Manchester City."

we all know where his ambitions lie. and to be honest I don't want anyone playing for us that has no ambition. whether it's with us or not. driven players want to win stuff. he's no different.

now if we had a board that matched his ambition we might hold on to him a little longer. were we to have added to the squad in January we "might" have won the EL and thereby qualified for the CL.

who knows where we would have gone from there, but the cash windfall from that would have given us a lot more money and the "lure" for prospective of future transfers. that was a BIG miss. whether that was down to Moyes and/or the board we'll never know but imvho that's the best chance we'll EVER have to qualify for the CL.

in whatever job I ever had I "wanted" to get a better position but either didn't have the where withal, or the ability, I don't know. probably a bit of both.

but if our team is full of players with ZERO ambition whether it's with us or elsewhere, we don't need them. if they can push on a level or not is moot. surround players with other talented players.

it's the clubs lack of ambition not Rice's.
Doc H Ball
Has liked: 935 likes
Total likes: 1951 likes

Post by Doc H Ball »

Should’ve stripped Bobby of the captaincy, demanded an apology and sent him packing to Spurs. All these disrespectful World Class players, who do they think they are?

We’re no small time club, they can all f*** right off.
Phil S
Has liked: 450 likes
Total likes: 378 likes

Post by Phil S »

Hugh Jargon wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 11:09 pm As previously stated. He could have shut the question down. He isn't stupid. He did it deliberately.
Forgive me if I missed it, but where was the outcry when C&H recently said that GSB would listen to offers for him in the summer? That is effectively putting him up for sale.
We moved (or so we were told) to be a big club, a non selling club. We had the opportunity in January to show intent..we didn't.
Maybe Rice would be signing a new contract and staying if the current owners were definitely selling up?

3 things I know
He loves West Ham
He is ambitious and wants to win things
He hates the owners
El brooko79
Has liked: 3023 likes
Total likes: 1990 likes

Post by El brooko79 »

Phil S wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 11:48 pm Forgive me if I missed it, but where was the outcry when C&H recently said that GSB would listen to offers for him in the summer? That is effectively putting him up for sale.
I don't see any similarity here at all.

How does a self serving gutter website "leaking" alledged board decisions seem the same as the captain of our struggling team spouting off he wants to start playing champions league football like his mates do.
Phil S
Has liked: 450 likes
Total likes: 378 likes

Post by Phil S »

El brooko79 wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 12:04 am I don't see any similarity here at all.

How does a self serving gutter website "leaking" alledged board decisions seem the same as the captain of our struggling team spouting off he wants to start playing champions league football like his mates do.
He said nothing in that interview that he didn't say to Gary Neville in that interview whenever that was months and months ago
So the outcry is because we're struggling?
We're struggling because our club is a circus and I don't blame him one bit for wanting to leave (not that he said he wanted to leave)
He has ambition and West Ham cannot match what he wants

"spouting off
"Wants to start

not things I took from that interview
El brooko79
Has liked: 3023 likes
Total likes: 1990 likes

Post by El brooko79 »

Phil S wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 12:22 am He said nothing in that interview that he didn't say to Gary Neville in that interview whenever that was months and months ago
So the outcry is because we're struggling?
We're struggling because our club is a circus and I don't blame him one bit for wanting to leave (not that he said he wanted to leave)
He has ambition and West Ham cannot match what he wants

"spouting off
"Wants to start

not things I took from that interview
Disagree about the Neville interview, he said he wanted to play at the top level. No problem.
In the one the other came across far more as a come at get.

He shouldn't even be talking about anything other than the world cup. But if he is talking about club how about he focuses first on getting our team out of the trouble it's in, what we need is our captain (of the club he loves) to do.

I can't imagine any other club captain doing that. We all know he is leaving, shows a massive lack of focus for me.

Back to you original point, how is it the same as claret and Hugh?
blahblahblah
Has liked: 253 likes
Total likes: 232 likes

Post by blahblahblah »

I agree that Rice knew what he was doing answering in that way. The question, though, is *what* was he doing? Was it a 'come and get me' message, or was it also a little bit 'GSB/Kretinsky need to splash the effing cash this January or I'm out' or even a 'bring in a top manager and splash the cash on players who can take us to the next level'?
mumbles87
Has liked: 55 likes
Total likes: 947 likes

Post by mumbles87 »

By history rice is overdue to leave

Cole
Carrick
Lampard
Rio

All roughly 4 full seasons with us ..

Rice is half way through 5th season
hammers92
Has liked: 314 likes
Total likes: 1781 likes

Post by hammers92 »

I think people are looking for things that simply aren’t there.

Rice loves West Ham, loves playing for us but wants to move on to a bigger side if someone wanted him. Both of those statements can exist in the same sentence.

Rice literally said this in the summer to Neville, and has previously said it in interviews across the past few years.

When he’s back, he’ll be giving 110% to ensure we get the results, push up the table and you can be assured that he’ll really want to win the Conference League.
Bubbles Fortuna
Has liked: 1986 likes
Total likes: 4731 likes

Post by Bubbles Fortuna »

Rice has said in the past that he wants to play in the Champions League and win trophies.

This is nothing new.
hammerman11
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 750 likes

Post by hammerman11 »

you have to ask the question what would I do in his position. love west ham but know I have 8 good years left to win things. this season is a write off bar the ECL. Bit embarassing for rice when he joins up for england and has an ecl winners medal. his friends will just laugh at him. so I would leave and join a top 6 club.

only way he doesnt leave is IF we get a decent progessive manager in. pochettino for example is available. owners splash the cash again

Both unlikely so he will go in the summer as he will want us safe and winning the ECL before he leaves.

I kust hope he makes the right decision. I reckon he will go to either liverpool man utd or chelsea.
StevePottsGoalsReel
Has liked: 3190 likes
Total likes: 2329 likes

Post by StevePottsGoalsReel »

You do wonder what Dec did to offend the BBC Picture Editor as he's been stuck with this one for years now:

funky chicken
Has liked: 322 likes
Total likes: 1228 likes

Post by funky chicken »

StevePottsGoalsReel wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 9:39 am You do wonder what Dec did to offend the BBC Picture Editor as he's been stuck with this one for years now
Declan can’t help he’s the only player amongst that lot that actually has a personality.
StevePottsGoalsReel
Has liked: 3190 likes
Total likes: 2329 likes

Post by StevePottsGoalsReel »

funky chicken wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 9:42 am Declan can’t help he’s the only player amongst that lot that actually has a personality.
Bit harsh!

wildkard
Has liked: 53 likes
Total likes: 198 likes

Post by wildkard »

As if Declan Rice needs to “issue and come and get me plea” in any way, shape or form.
chalks
Sliding down his pole
Has liked: 701 likes
Total likes: 1633 likes

Post by chalks »

I support WHUFC not Declan Rice.

Followed the club for nearly 45 years. 40 of which didn’t involve him, so I’m sure we’ll survive.

Where he goes next will determine whether he’s remembered fondly or not imo. He loves this club as much as he says he does then he’ll choose his next destination whilst giving the WHU punters some consideration.

He is the first home grown player we have had since possibly Rio who could literally move from us to any club in the world. In fact Rio took another 3-4 years to hit that level, so maybe even further back than that.

If he leaves us for someone like Chelsea or Man Utd, eg clubs in transition, then for me he’d join the list headed by Ince. If it really really is about trophies, then it’s a Man City, Bayern, Real Madrid or Barca. World superpowers

I won’t hold my breath, I think he’s just another that says the things he wants the support to hear. He’ll be kissing the Chelsea badge with an erection this time in 6 weeks
mumbles87
Has liked: 55 likes
Total likes: 947 likes

Post by mumbles87 »

chalks wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 12:21 pm I won’t hold my breath, I think he’s just another that says the things he wants the support to hear. He’ll be kissing the Chelsea badge with an erection this time in 6 weeks
Unfortunately I think him and or Bellingham are Liverpool's missing piece of the puzzle

City have rodri who's not old, is just as good but can actually shoot and Phillips backing him up
Hugh Jargon
Has liked: 169 likes
Total likes: 478 likes

Post by Hugh Jargon »

I don't know if I watched a different interview?

All this "he loves West Ham b*llocks". Didn't say that from the desk he was sat in Qata did he? Surrounded with his "friends"'who play champions league.

I can only assume you happy clappers are a tad lacking in emotional intelligence.

It was an awful interview. Totally unnecessary and disrespectful to the club.
He needs to go ASAP