Today i bumped into...

Anything goes in The Snug, General Discussion's rebellious little brother. An off-topic den of iniquity where any subject not covered elsewhere may be discussed. Well, anything except golf, Star Wars and Arsenal.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 837 likes
Total likes: 4952 likes

Re: Today i bumped into...

Post by -DL- »

Partly off - some of it was swim and beach wear.
Ozza
Has liked: 945 likes
Total likes: 2366 likes

Post by Ozza »

At a Weller gig this year at the Chelsea hospital, caught Charles Dance having a cheeky fag behind the charity tent, also at the gig was Tim Roth said hello to him, nice fella
Rocketron
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 50 likes

Post by Rocketron »

-DL- wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 12:48 pm Partly off - some of it was swim and beach wear.
At Edin...ah no, silly me
Greatest Cockney Rip Off
Has liked: 338 likes
Total likes: 728 likes

Post by Greatest Cockney Rip Off »

Ozza wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2022 12:49 pm At a Weller gig this year at the Chelsea hospital, caught Charles Dance having a cheeky fag behind the charity tent, also at the gig was Tim Roth said hello to him, nice fella
I was in a lift with him and Micky Rooney at the beeb years ago. Charles Dance is a lanky streak, ain't he?
Clacton-ammer
Sultan of Swing
Has liked: 342 likes
Total likes: 362 likes

Post by Clacton-ammer »

Yep he is, was on the same flight as him, twice, maybe 3 times flying back from Belfast Int. Filming GOT I think, as when we landed there was often GOT cast this way on a board.
pablo jaye
Has liked: 2563 likes
Total likes: 926 likes

Post by pablo jaye »

Moseying around Camden and popped into The Modfather, which I didn’t realise was managed by Paul Weller’s sister, Nicky. A nice lady who had time for a chat and helped me and the missus walk out with a lighter bank balance!!
StokeIrons
Has liked: 71 likes
Total likes: 25 likes

Post by StokeIrons »

Was on the tube from East Putney after staying in Wandsworth after last night's game.

Two seats away was Peter Hain former Labour minister, now Baron Hain.

He sat there with a copy of The Guardian reading the football reports :thup:
pablo jaye
Has liked: 2563 likes
Total likes: 926 likes

Post by pablo jaye »

Went to a charity dinner at the weekend on the Isle of Man with David Campese and John Inverdale. Campo was a good sport, especially when he was reminded of the sandwich board after the 2003 Rugby WC final. Inverdale was good to chat to and the consummate professional - even when the wonderful missus jaye referred to him as a silver-fox!!
westham,eggyandchips
Has liked: 1978 likes
Total likes: 1466 likes

Post by westham,eggyandchips »

Danny Ings and his family crossing the road adjacent to Selfridges in London.

Also The Queen Consort Camilla in the fragrance department of Fortnum and Mason whist I was waiting for Mrs Eggs outside the ladies.

The secret service agent got a bit arsey when some tourists asked if they could take a picture. I advised them to just take a photo anyway.
dasnutnock3
Has liked: 1859 likes
Total likes: 2446 likes

Post by dasnutnock3 »

pablo jaye wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 7:18 pm Went to a charity dinner at the weekend on the Isle of Man with David Campese and John Inverdale. Campo was a good sport, especially when he was reminded of the sandwich board after the 2003 Rugby WC final. Inverdale was good to chat to and the consummate professional - even when the wonderful missus jaye referred to him as a silver-fox!!
You’re looking at this through rose-c*nted glasses.
Big George
Has liked: 133 likes
Total likes: 274 likes

Post by Big George »

John McDonnell in the ticket hall at Westminster Tube. Well dressed but smaller than you think.
dasnutnock3

Post by dasnutnock3 »

I’m in Fogo De Chao in Soho and Firmino’s just walked in with his family.
Jonah
Has liked: 637 likes
Total likes: 539 likes

Post by Jonah »

Tell him Antony's playing ****
westham,eggyandchips

dasnutnock3 wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 8:17 pm I’m in Fogo De Chao in Soho and Firmino’s just walked in with his family.
I bet you saw his teeth first?
dasnutnock3

Post by dasnutnock3 »

westham,eggyandchips wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 6:59 am I bet you saw his teeth first?
We were discussing that royal woman who’d said “where are you from” to the angry black woman. Without defending her, I mentioned it was possible she thought she was being polite in taking an interest. One of my mates nodded at a large group of people coming in and said “right, so you’d go up to that bloke in the green hat and ask him where he’s from would you?”. Glanced over at him then turned back and said “he’s from Brazil”, to their brief astonishment (was with mates who aren’t interested in football).
Samba
Has liked: 2484 likes
Total likes: 895 likes

Post by Samba »

dasnutnock3 wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 9:04 am We were discussing that royal woman who’d said “where are you from” to the angry black woman. Without defending her, I mentioned it was possible she thought she was being polite in taking an interest. One of my mates nodded at a large group of people coming in and said “right, so you’d go up to that bloke in the green hat and ask him where he’s from would you?”. Glanced over at him then turned back and said “he’s from Brazil”, to their brief astonishment (was with mates who aren’t interested in football).
That deserves a :crylol: rather than a :newthumb: ...
westham,eggyandchips

dasnutnock3 wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 9:04 am We were discussing that royal woman who’d said “where are you from” to the angry black woman. Without defending her, I mentioned it was possible she thought she was being polite in taking an interest. One of my mates nodded at a large group of people coming in and said “right, so you’d go up to that bloke in the green hat and ask him where he’s from would you?”. Glanced over at him then turned back and said “he’s from Brazil”, to their brief astonishment (was with mates who aren’t interested in football).
:clap: :clap:
Plashet Grove Pete
Location: I'm riding down Kingsley, figurin' I'll get a drink ....
Has liked: 261 likes
Total likes: 459 likes

Post by Plashet Grove Pete »

He could have been Irish. Or Mexican. But you've jumped to a conclusion which is clearly racist behaviour.
bonzosbeard
Has liked: 2115 likes
Total likes: 1336 likes

Post by bonzosbeard »

Was in South mimms services with wife and stepdaughter having a burger King when Suggs comes in. I tell wife and he walks right by me and sits down.

His manager/friend/minder goes and orders burgers while ours is ready and Suggs says hello to wife as she walks by to collect.

We sit eating our food and he pulls a full size bottle of vodka out of his coat pocket and has a swig. Before making himself a roll up.

Very old school and rock and roll I guess. :)

My first single was Baggy Trousers and I couldn't believe i seen him.
vietnammer
Bucky the beaver
Has liked: 621 likes
Total likes: 579 likes

Post by vietnammer »

"And all I wanted was a word or photograph to keep at home
And all I wanted was a word or photograph to keep"