Rules that need changing

All discussion relating to international tournaments including qualifying groups/matches. Since 2006.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Plashet Grove Pete
Location: I'm riding down Kingsley, figurin' I'll get a drink ....
Has liked: 292 likes
Total likes: 491 likes

Re: Rules that need changing

Post by Plashet Grove Pete »

I'd change all the rules into laws for a start.
Eggs'n'nuts
Has liked: 158 likes
Total likes: 338 likes

Post by Eggs'n'nuts »

Denbighammer wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 10:54 am Go down clutching you head? Your obviously at risk of concussion. Leave the field for 5minutes while we thoroughly check you over.
This would be great.

Medics come straight on with a stretcher (just in case they're not feigning injury). Taken straight off at the nearest place to leave the field. Five minutes to assess with no replacement and no coming back on sooner.

Can I add some form of sin bin for deliberate fouls to break up play.
Last edited by Eggs'n'nuts on Sun Dec 04, 2022 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Penfold711
Has liked: 2070 likes
Total likes: 104 likes

Post by Penfold711 »

Anybody in an offside position in the 6-yard box is automatically deemed interfering with play. If nothing else, they're always going to be a distraction for a defender and goalkeeper.
'stone hammer
Has liked: 755 likes
Total likes: 525 likes

Post by 'stone hammer »

Players being allowed to stutter their run for a penalty.
bonzosbeard
Has liked: 2175 likes
Total likes: 1378 likes

Post by bonzosbeard »

'stone hammer wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 4:57 pm Players being allowed to stutter their run for a penalty.
Amen to that
vietnammer
Bucky the beaver
Has liked: 642 likes
Total likes: 593 likes

Post by vietnammer »

'stone hammer wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 4:57 pm Players being allowed to stutter their run for a penalty.
It'd be hard to nail down the principle by which stuttering should be banned and harder to state the rule in precise words though' It gets on people's nerves' wouldn't be enough. It's a bit of trickery too far I agree, and is meant to reduce the possibility of the keeper guessing it right first time, which isn't the most often I suspect. It's still the keeper vs the taker. Trying to enforce it would provoke more arguing with the ref imo.
old fart
Has liked: 139 likes
Total likes: 356 likes

Post by old fart »

neil_d wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 11:36 pm We should have a few seasons where the laws of the game are left alone for a bit. Might be a chance for commentators and pundits (and maybe even players and managers) to actually read them.
I went to like this but couldnt
'stone hammer
Has liked: 755 likes
Total likes: 525 likes

Post by 'stone hammer »

vietnammer wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 5:44 pm It'd be hard to nail down the principle by which stuttering should be banned and harder to state the rule in precise words though' It gets on people's nerves' wouldn't be enough. It's a bit of trickery too far I agree, and is meant to reduce the possibility of the keeper guessing it right first time, which isn't the most often I suspect. It's still the keeper vs the taker. Trying to enforce it would provoke more arguing with the ref imo.
I definitely see it as bad sportsmanship. The advantage is with the player taking the penalty anyway (average conversion rate is 75%), so the average keeper has a 25% chance of saving it without bellends like Fernandes trying to skew the odds even further.

I think it could be implemented quite easily. Players have to take a consistent run-up i.e. if a players slows down significantly/stops during the run, unless an accidental slip, it's given as a goal kick (I'd go further than simply retaking).

Another form of shithousery that players keep getting away with.
Aurora borealis
Has liked: 44 likes
Total likes: 14 likes

Post by Aurora borealis »

Denbighammer wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 10:54 am Go down clutching you head? Your obviously at risk of concussion. Leave the field for 5minutes while we thoroughly check you over.
Even with other fake "injurys"
Ref offers you to play on, if not, 3minutes treatment off pitch
Paolopaul
Has liked: 9 likes
Total likes: 296 likes

Post by Paolopaul »

Aurora borealis wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 7:34 pm Even with other fake "injurys"
Ref offers you to play on, if not, 3minutes treatment off pitch
But aren’t you then punishing teams who have genuinely injured players? You shouldn’t have to cope with having 10 men because the opposition has committed a foul.
szola
Has liked: 590 likes
Total likes: 353 likes

Post by szola »

sendô wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 10:01 amNo that wouldnt work, every time the ball went out within 30 yards of the opponents goal itd be like a free kick.
You think free kicks ruin the game?
White Goodman
Making excuses in A&E
Has liked: 254 likes
Total likes: 276 likes

Post by White Goodman »

New rule I think needed that says if that Ally McCoist prick is ever allowed to commentate on Brazil again, then we are all allowed at least 48 hours warning

I know there is a lot of moaning about some of the female commentators but f*** me listening to him on the Brazil S. Korea match was very hard work indeed.

A series of pointless observations and platitudes that a five year old could have come up with .

Was simply embarrassing
White Goodman
Making excuses in A&E
Has liked: 254 likes
Total likes: 276 likes

Post by White Goodman »

Diving. Red Card

No argument, no review .

Straight off.

Let's see how much Harry Kane's game has to change with that rule in the book

Although regrettably did see Paqueta go down very very easily a few times the other night , looking like he'd been axed.
jastons
Has liked: 893 likes
Total likes: 849 likes

Post by jastons »

I didn't see the Brazil game but Ally McCoist is usually one of the best commentators to listen to
Clacton-ammer
Sultan of Swing
Has liked: 338 likes
Total likes: 357 likes

Post by Clacton-ammer »

Concussion/head injury subs should be allowed, 10 to 15 mins check player out and give them time with no effect to the standard sub rule.

Enforce the throw in rule, over 50% of them nowadays are foul throws! This one annoys me more than it should...
WestSamToo
Has liked: 416 likes
Total likes: 317 likes

Post by WestSamToo »

Introduce a blue card.

Ref shows it to the Captain of the team no matter who committed the offence.

2nd blue card, and every subsequent blue card results in a penalty to the opposition no matter where offence took place.

Yellow and red cards kept for dangerous play by individuals; bad tackles, spitting etc, where you don't want that specific player on the pitch.

Blue card covers; diving, talking back to ref, tactical fouling (stops team being able to share out yellow cards) , not getting back 10 yards, taking shirt off, managers giving 4th official grief....anything deemed unsporting conduct.

I would also make the punishment for a professional foul a penalty rather than a red card.
mike1961
Total likes: 32 likes

Post by mike1961 »

Just get rid of VAR. It's the worst thing to happen in football since I've been going (over 60 years now).
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2475 likes
Total likes: 2699 likes

Post by sendô »

szola wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 7:01 am You think free kicks ruin the game?
No, I think a free kick for the ball going over the touchline 30 yards from goal is too big a reward.

Free kicks are for fouls, not for the ball inevitably going out near the middle of the pitch.
thamesideiron
Has liked: 127 likes
Total likes: 201 likes

Post by thamesideiron »

Yeah nothing pisses me off more than that ...Often thought, as it's a suspected head injury..15 mins off the field of play into changing room
to be examined by an independent Doctor..much the same as Rugby with the Blood replacement thing,a Sub will be allowed for
the 15 mins..
As a little sideline...The VAR can look at incident and if no contact was made to head of any sinificance...the Cheating S**t can come back
to a booking....if a second booking he can F right off back to changing room again... :lol:
Plashet Grove Pete
Location: I'm riding down Kingsley, figurin' I'll get a drink ....
Has liked: 292 likes
Total likes: 491 likes

Post by Plashet Grove Pete »

Any player waving an imaginary yellow card should be awarded a yellow card. If the ref deems the offending player to have been brandishing an imaginary red card, said player should be dismissed from the field of play.